Work, Work, Work

Haunted

'No...no!...Absolutely not!...Are you kidding me?!' Kibum was about to lose it, staring at all the designs in front of him and scowled at all the employees in front of him. 'People, this is my first edition of this magazine as creative director and I ask for some originality! Not any of this!' He gestured to all the generic looks he had seen countless times before and he said to them all, his employee looking at him with fear in their eyes. 'I am giving you all, one more shot. The person that can bring me something that is not, a copy of something else can decide the cover. Now go!' He snapped his fingers, all of them scattering out of his office and then his assistant-and younger brother Taemin came in. 'You can be pretty terrifying sometimes.'

Kibum sat down, swinging his long legs up onto his desk and he said, 'I always say brother, fear makes them work harder. I cannot mess this issue up, you know that.' Taemin handed him some coffee-extra strong, no cream and plenty of sweetener and then he said. 'I do know that. You've literally been working on it since you were 16.' Kibum sipped his coffee and then his phone bleeped, 'Aww. Gotta get to the studio downstairs, I need to make sure those models look right for the swimsuit show next week.' Kibum had been doing this job for over a year now, and this was his first real time to really put out a good issue for the summer and he had to get it right. Ever since he was a kid, he had worshipped this world of fashion and publishing, keeping up with a blog when he was a teenager called Key's Knowhow-that was his nickname in high school so he figured it would fit.

He wrote on that, posted videos on the internet and he became quite popular, first of all working with Elle magazine for a few months which turned into a few years during college and then...he went for an interview at the Queen of all Magazines: Mode. The literall bible for any fashionista in the world. He still remembered that day when he went in, his hands shaking and he was wearing a jacket he had customised himself. Black blazer, with some red material with gold piping on it, so it looked like a military jacket and he still could see the previous editors face when she saw it and she said, 'You have good taste. I like you...' During the time he was online, he had made a name for himself and when he started working, people started to recognise him-he even had an interview with a rep from Etude house, asking him to help indorse one of their new products.

Getting to the studio downstairs, he strolled in like he owned the place-he would one day, he had dreams and his sharp eyes surveyed the scene: models getting their make up done, clouds of hairspray flying about and camera lights flashing. 'Director!' He turned, a woman approaching him, looking at him like she was face to face wth a celebrity-which in some sense she was, Kibum had made a name for himself. 'I...we are ready to begin if you wish to see the models in their suits.' Kibum smiled at her, seeing her little cheeks turn pink and he said, 'Of course, bring them out...' He settled himself in a chair and Taemin beside him said, 'She looked ready to die, didn't she?' Kibum rolled his eyes, watching as the lovely models walked out and he said, 'Well...you can't blame her, I am awesome.'

He got halfway through the talk, and soon the buzz from his coffee began to wear off and when he yawned the second time, Taemin whispered to him, 'Hyung...have you been sleeping?' Kibum waved his hand and he said, 'I'm fine...' He had slept...for a few hours. But he had proofs to go over for the show next week...that was his priority...nothing else was that important...