Thirty

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Going some where?"

Kihyun looks up from his cap collection and sees none other than his older brother by his bedroom door.

"It's none of your business" Kihyun monotones as he picks up two different caps and stood in front of his full length mirror.

"I'd go with the pink one, it matches with your shirt" Yoo Ah-in suggests as he lets himself in and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What do you want?" Kihyun sighs taking the white cap off and tried on the pink one.

"I heard from Secretary Park that you found a loophole in the company contract" he answers calmly.

"Aish.. I told him to keep it confidential" the young Director groans as he trudge to his drawer cupboards and kept both the caps back. He didn't feel like wearing either one now.

"Don't be so hard on him. He's practically family" Yoo Ah-in chortles enjoying the rare moments of seeing his baby brother act his age "So what's the plan? You're gonna propose to little miss runway?"

Kihyun stood still as his eyes flits to the small velvet box on his dresser. The same one he had with him at the hospital yesterday. The thought of just doing it makes his heart swell but he was snapped from his daydream when he heard his brother mumbled.

"What did you just say?" Kihyun turns and faces his brother.

"I said.." Yoo Ah-in pauses and locks eyes with the latter "It'll be a pity if a sweet girl like her gets involve with our wrecked family"

Kihyun blinks confuse.

"Come on baby brother. You and I both know that it's not always about glitz and glamour when it comes to our family" the elder scoffs "Plus, are you sure you want to give the world what it wants? Not to mention the amount of eyes that are already on us thanks to your little get up yesterday" he points out.

"What are you trying to say hyung" Kihyun seethes.

Yoo Ah-in merely smirks before continuing "I'm saying that once you announce to public that your relationship with Ms Joohyun is real, then you'll be confirming those awful rumours about her being a home wrecker and the cause of your wedding being canceled"

"The only reasoned why I didn't get married yesterday is because Jenny never showed up at the altar but instead ran off with her childhood friend...who's also my friend" Kihyun slowly admits.

The elder merely observes his younger brother and notices the slight sadness on his face. He lets out a loud sigh earning the younger's attention once again.

"You're a mess baby brother" he chortles shaking his head while standing up.

"Wh-where are you going?" Kihyun frowns slightly.

"My flight is tonight" the elder announces "I'm going back to London" he smiles softly.

Kihyun pauses before facing his brother properly.

"You know you can move back in. Once dad is convicted, you don't have to pursue in meds anymore" Kihyun said.

"I know" Yoo Ah-in chuckles looking down.

Kihyun stayed still before he walks up to his desk and started rummaging through his drawers. Yoo Ah-in merely raises and eyebrow and could only watch as his baby brother comes to him with a small booklet in his hand and starts scribbling.

"What are yo-" "I'm sure this is more than enough to cover all of your student loans. You can move back in the house after you settled everything over there" Kihyun states as he tore of the cheque nicely before handing it to the latter.

Yoo Ah-in blinks at the cheque in front of his face before letting out a scoff. He straightening up and looked down at his younger brother. Kihyun merely stared back with an arched eyebrow, wondering what's with his brother.

"You really are dad's son huh" he chuckles dryly, turning around and heads for the door.

But just as he took a few steps, the cheque book went flying, just missing the side of his head and hits the wall loudly. Yoo Ah-in pauses in his step before looking over his shoulder to see the younger seething.

"I. Am. Nothing. Like. Father" Kihyun rage.

The elder turned slowly and kept his hands in his pockets. He stared down once again to his brother and lets out another loud sigh.

"Did you not realise that you were acting like the exact copy of him?" he starts "You just offered someone a lot of money as if it could solve any problem in the world and not to mention you almost hurt someone out of your own fury. Guess what? That sounds a lot like dad don't you think?" he squints.

By this time Kihyun had stopped panting hard and was merely frozen at the relisation.

"As much as you want to deny it, Kihyun. Dad raised you up pretty well. And I won't be surprised that you'd turn out the same way as he did once the company is yours" the elder continued.

"That's not true. I'm not a criminal. I can handle things legally just like how I put dad in jail. I told the truth" Kihyun said standing ground.

Yoo Ah-in claps mockingly "Congratulations! You've done it. I bet you're so proud knowing that not only you've put the company and our whole family in disgrace but you've also made mom a Prison Wife." he concludes.

"You don't know anything" Kihyun seethes "You weren't there. You didn't see what I saw-" "But on the contrary" Yoo Ah-in cuts.

"I did. Why did you think I ran off and said I wanted to be a doctor instead? To help lives? Bullsht" Yoo Ah-in spat "It's because I couldn't handle knowing about our family's dirty secrets"

"So you dumped it all on me instead" Kihyun says and it was the latter's turn to freeze "How does it feel? Leaving every heavy weight there is onto your little brother's shoulders?"

Yoo Ah-in kept quiet as he stared at his baby brother fuming. With one last sigh, he turns around and heads for the door only to pause and look behind over his shoulder.

"You may be too late to get away from all of this but she doesn't have to be" he says "Ms Joohyun deserves to have her own life. Don't make her follow Eomma's footsteps. Or she'd too be a Prison Wife in the future" he concludes before really leaving the room.

 

Kihyun blanks out as he recalled the feud he had with his elder brother this morning.

"Sir your drinks are ready" the barista informed as she placed a tray with the two drinks.

"R-right. Thanks" Kihyun smiles as he was snapped back to reality.

Picking the tray he heads for the table that you were at. You were still admiring the flowers on your lap while touching a finger to your lips. Kihyun smiles to himself. You're so beautiful yet you really are too good for him. His smile falters as his brother's words replayed in his head. Taking a deep breath, Kihyun walks up next to you.

Feeling a presence coming near you, you look up and smile at the latter. Kihyun beams back as he placed both drinks on the table.

"Here we go a Java Chip Frappe for you and a boring ice Americano for me"

You stared at the drink in front of you. Kihyun was sipping when he noticed you staring.

"Is something wrong Joo?" he asks carefully "Do you not like Java Chip anymore?"

"It's not that!" you assured quickly "It's just. It's been a while since I had one that's all" you smiled picking up the cup and start drinking from the straw.

The cold taste of chocolate filled your mouth and made you smile instantly "It's still good" you nod facing front only to see Kihyun beaming at you "What?" you chortle shyly.

"Sorry. It's just.. been so long since I've seen your face lit up like that" he explains biting his lip in the end.

Feeling a blush creeping up, you cleared your throat and curled your hair back behind your ear. Is it just you or is it getting pretty warm at the moment.

"Joo?" he calls earning your attention once more "I actually have something to give to you" he says.

"O-okay. What is it?" you ask straightening up.

Kihyun taps his finger on the table before reaching for his jeans pocket and fished out the said object. He then placed it in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter