Eleven.

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After getting dressed into a pair of pyjama trousers and a long knitted cardigan over a grey spaghetti strap, you left your bedroom to the living area. Jooheon was sitting in the single couch with his arms crossed. He was currently glaring at Kihyun on the main sofa who has his head tilted back with the handkerchief pressed to his nose.

"Here" your mother offered as she gave Kihyun a bag of ice.

"Thank you ommoni" Kihyun bowed which she nodded stiffly to before leaving to the kitchen.

"Is it still bleeding?" You asked soon after.

"Not anymore" he assured sitting up straight, startled at your sudden presence.

You took a seat on the end of the same couch Kihyun was, much to your brother's dismay that is.

"I hope it's not broken or anything" you said softly.

"Don't worry. It would've hurt even more if it did" he smiled but winced slightly when he pressed the bag of ice to his face.

"I'll be sure it will next time" you heard your brother mutter under his breath.

You turn to your brother who in returned faced you.

"What?" He asked.

"Could you give us a moment alone oppa" you asked carefully.

"No" he said appalled "Absolutely not!"

"Lee Jooheon" your mother called loudly "Would you mind being a dear and come help with the dishes" she forced a smile as she gave him a knowing gaze.

With a groan Jooheon stood up, he glared at Kihyun once more before entering the kitchen out of sight.

"I swear if his eyes had lasers I'd probably be dead right now" Kihyun laughed but stopped short when you turn to face him not returning his smile.

"What are you doing here oppa?" you asked tiredly.

Kihyun cleared his throat as he turn to face you properly. He placed the bag of ice aside and reached for your hands.

"Joo" he started but paused when you pulled your hands in wordlessly.

You ignored the obvious hurt expression on his face and looked away.

"About earlier tonight... at the restaurant-" he continued as he scoots closer to you.

"Stop" you interrupted "Don't waste your breath. You don't have to explain anything to me.." You hugged yourself "If that's the reason why you came, I think it's for the best if you could just leave" You said standing up.

"Joo. Wait" he caught your wrist "I wanted to tell you, I swear I did but after what happened yesterday I really believed that you wanted nothing to do with me anymore.. then again I wasn't expecting you to leave the restaurant so quickly" he added slowly.

You pulled your hand back from his grasp and glared.

"First of all, the reason I left is none of your God damn business and second of all, you've thought right. I really wanted nothing to do with you ever again. Now if that's all you have to say, I trust you know where the door is" you huffed before walking off into your bedroom.

Kihyun sighed at your retreating figure and visibly winced as you slam your door shut.

"You heard her. Leave" Jooheon spoke gravely with his arms crossed by the kitchen doorway.

"I owe you an apology too Jooheon" he started but stop still when the latter raised a hand.

"You owe me nothing. You should know I'm only holding back because I promised my mother that I wouldn't stain her white carpet red anymore. Now get out when I'm still being nice" he glared.

Without any choice Kihyun headed to the door but paused when he stood next to his friend.

"Hope I can still see you around" he said squeezing Jooheon's right shoulder softly before leaving the apartment.

In your bedroom, you stood next to your window and waited till he reached outside in the parking lot. You perked at the sight of him unlocking his car from afar. Kihyun had his head down as he walked. It was obvious to anyone that he was devastated. You touched the glass at where his far away figure was but gasped and hid behind your curtains when he turned and looked upwards to your apartment.

Kihyun knew your bedroom window was facing where he stood. You would wave at him excitedly whenever he would pick you up for dates. He wondered whether you were looking at him this time too. Sighing he climbed into his car with a heavy heart before driving back home.

After hearing the car engine roars to life and that the latter had driven off, you peeked back to your window and sighed. You hate to admit it but you miss him already.

"Joohyun" your mother called carefully as she popped her head in your room.

"Yes omma" you sniffled turning to face her.

"Are you alright darling?" She asked coming in with open arms.

"No" you sobbed accepting her hug.

"My poor baby" she crooned.

"He didn't even apologise omma" you mumbled against her shoulder.

"Aigoo forget about him. He's not worth my beautiful ttal's tears" she smiled cupping your face to wipe your tears.

"You're right" you nodded stopping yourself from crying anymore "Is Jooheon oppa is still angry?" You asked wiping your cheeks.

"More or less" she shrugged "He left saying he'd be at Hyunwoo's" she said curling your lilac coloured haired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter