Seventeen.

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​"This is just frustrating. Joohyun should not be going tonight" your father huffed while he struggles to tie his bowtie properly.

"Oh hush" Your mother chide slapping his hands away and fixed it for him instead "Uri ttal is a strong full grown woman. She's mature enough to handle her emotions properly. Plus do you really have the heart to stop her from going after she's all dolled up?" she asked turning him to face where you were in the middle of the living room getting final touches done.

"Look how beautiful she is yeobo" she crooned.

Your father soften as he notices you laughing at both the stylist and your brother arguing over your dress.

"I don't care who the freaking designer is. It's too damn revealing!" Jooheon half shouted.

"This as modest and as gorgeous as it's gonna get. I don't see why I have to put up with you when all it matters is that my darling Joohyun loves it. Don't you dear?" he chimed batting his eyelashes at you.

"I really do love this dress Jooheon oppa" you defended facing your brother.

"Well why can't you wear the pink one? I like that one better. It's pretty and more importantly not revealing!" he growled at the end.

"Omma" you whined turn to your parents.

"Aigoo Jooheon. Leave your sister be. I think she looks beautiful" your mother crooned coming to your aid.

"Thank you omma" you hugged her "I like your dress too. Wish I could've come shopping with your earlier" you pouted.

"But your father said you didn't want to come to the mall because you invited this person over" she said as she tries her best not judge the odd thirties looking man.

"Oh I didn't know you wanted me to come" you admitted baffled.

"Jooheon" she turned to her son who was just about to leave the room "Didn't I tell you to bring your sister to the mall after you're done having lunch"

"Well you see" Jooheon sheepishly rubbed his nape before a hand squeezed his shoulder.

"We should get going or else we'll be late" your father suggested, changing the topic.

"Oh heavens! Look at the time. Come on Joohyun we still need to get your heels on" she tutted as Gunhee and his girls quickly helped you to wear your heels.

"That was a close one. Good thinking Abeoji" Jooheon grinned.

Your father spared him a glance before hitting him on the back of his head.

"Ow! Abeoji" he winced wide eyed.

"That's for not telling your sister that she shouldn't be going tonight" he half whispered before leaving the stunned boy and linked fingers with his wife.

"Everything I do is wrong in this house hold" he rubbed the back of his head grumbling before fishing out his phone that was ringing "Jooheon" he answered.

"Hey buddy. Your ride is here. They'll be waiting for you downstairs" the caller informed.

"Roger that. Thanks hyung" he nodded before ending the call "Okay guys our Limo is here. Let's get a move on" he announced tugging onto his bowtie.

"How exciting! Come on yeobo" your mother clapped as she pulled your father to the door.

"Take care of your sister" your father ordered as he walk past Jooheon before leaving the apartment.

"There. Done! You look gorgeous Darling" Gunhee grinned framing you with his fingers.

"It's all thanks to you and your wonderful team Gunhee oppa" you praised bowing in gratitude.

"Oh goodness no! It was our absolute pleasure" the latter bowed along with his staff.

"Okay. Shows over folks. Really appreciate for what you people have done but we really have to go" Jooheon cut as he pushed you through the door "Oh and the place better be how it was suppose to be before we get back. If not-" Jooheon pretended to slit his throat with his thumb making the room gasp in horror "See ya" he winked finally leaving the apartment.

"How barbaric" Gunhee said appaled "You heard him" he clapped his hands as his girls quickly got to work and clear the whole place up.

"I'm betting on you my Rising Star" he whispered quietly looking out the balcony doors.

 

-At the Gala-

"These thing is killing me" Shownu grumbled as he pulled on his bow tie.

"Don't do that! You'll ruin it" Minhyuk tsked slapping the older's hand away and fixing it back.

"I thought I.M said he's not coming" Hyungwon voiced out, sipping his champagne.

"Yea he did. Why? Is he here?" Wonho asked looking over the crowd and sure enough there was the maknae wearing a proper black suit fidgeting among the fancy crowd.

He perked at the sight of his hyungs and didn't hesitate to make a beeline towards them.

"Oh ho Lim Changkyun! You cleaned up pretty good huh!" Shownu boomed hitting the younger on the back.

"Aish hyung" I.M winced earning laughter from the rest of his hyungs. He cleared his throat and looked around the hall, eyes scanning through the crowd.

"Hyunnie's not here yet" Minhyuk sang at his ear making him flinch.

"I've noticed" I.M admitted sourly.

"Cheer up maknae. I just called Jooheon about their Limo earlier. They'll be here soon" Wonho assured patting his back.

"Yea well I just can't wait to get this night over with" I.M strained as he starts jerking his bow tie.

"Not you too" Minhyuk slapped his hands away before taking a glass of champagne from a passing waiter "Here drink this" he gave to the younger who gulped it gratefully.

"Slowly. You don't want to get all tipsy before Joohyun even gets here don't you" Wonho frowned.

"Too late. The Lee's are here. Look" Shownu pointed.

That's when I.M spat his champagne out and started coughing a fit.

"Holy cheesecake" Hyungwon gaped.

Just as your parents walked in hand in hand, you came in next with your right arm linked with your brother's. Murmurs and whispers start humming all around as all eyes were on you. Smiling politely you clasped your hands in front of you as you bowed politely to your father's colleagues.

 

"Joohyun looks amazing" Wonhoo awed absolutely smitten.

"Why thank you" Minhyuk boasted before heading to where your family were.

"How do people even breathe in this thing" Jooheon grumbled under his breath as he tug on his bowtie.

You eye rolled but before you could even stop him from pestering a hand came in and swat his hand away.

"Why is it so difficult for you people to understand that it's called a bow tie event for a reason" Minhyuk chide making you giggle.

"Hi Minhyuk oppa. Don't you look dashing" you praised accepting his hand which he offered before kissing your knuckles.

"Not as stunning as you Hyunnie. I'm glad you chose this one instead of the others. As expected you and I share very expensive taste" he approved.

"Well tell that to Jooheon oppa over here" you hit your brother's hand as he tried to reach for his bowtie again.

"Can't I just take it off? I promise I can pull off the whole Bond look without it" he suggested.

"No" Minhyuk and you answered simultaneously earning a groan from the latter.

"Where are the other oppas?" you asked looking around warily.

"Over there. Want to grace them with your presence your highness?" Minhyuk asked bowing exageratedly.

"Stop" you hit him laughing "And I probably shouldn't" you shook your head making a face.

"Oh come on Hyunnie. You can't be mad with them forever plus its Wonho hyung's fault. I don't see why Hyungwon and Shownu hyung should be punished as well" he reasoned making you bite your lip.

"He has a point sis" Jooheon agreed shrugging.

"Fine. I guess you're right" you admitted finally.

"That's my Hyunnie. Now let's not make them wait any longer and go say hi" he urged.

"Alright" you laughed "Just give me a second" you excuse yourself and turn to where your parents had walked off.

As you were a few steps away, Minhyuk whistled.

"I'm glad she chose that dress. It was in my top3 out of the rest" he gloat happily.

Jooheon gave his friend a glare before hitting him behind his head.

"Ow!" Minhyuk winced "What's your problem?"

"This is all your fault" he half growled "You're lucky she decided to braid her hair down and not in a bun like your precious Gunhee hyung wanted"

"Well as long as Hyunie is happy then that's all that matters right?" he meekly asked earning an eye rolled from the latter.

"Has the mighty director made his appearance yet?" Jooheon asked looking around.

"Not yet. You know how these things work. They'll probably have a grand entrance or something" Minhyuk shrugged.

"Well let's be clear that those two should never be alone with Joohyun tonight alright? I don't want them to even have the chance to say hi without any of us being there with her got it?" he pressed.

"Crstal clear. Now loosen up will ya? It's a party for goodness sake. Here" Minhyuk said as he took a glass off of a passing waiter and gave it to him.

"Whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter