Twenty Three

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the evening  of the wedding and your mother was currently busy searching high and low around the living room.

"Where is it? Yeobo have you seen- my purse" your mother smiled at the end as your father walks up to her holding onto the bag she was looking for.

"My hero" she crooned pecking him on the lips.

"Eww omma please! There is a child in the room" Jooheon complained as he motion towards where you were at.

You eye rolled and merely threw his black tie at him which he caught haughtily. Unlike the three of them you were still dressed in your house clothes.

​​​"You sure you don't need us to accompany you to the airport sweetheart?" your father asks concerned.

"I'm sure. Plus you and omma have to go. It's like a priority for you to be there. So go on and have fun" you assured fixing his coat.

"Why can't you stay with your sister instead?" your mother chide hitting your brother on the shoulder.

"And miss one of my hyungs getting married? No way. You remember how to take the bus to the airport right?" Jooheon asks arching an eyebrow.

"I remember" you nodded.

"Bus? That wouldn't do. Yeobo give her your card so that she can take a taxi instead" your mother scolded.

"Omma it's fine. I got it. Really" you chortled hugging her.

"Fine. Just take care of yourself. We're only a call away. So don't hesitate you hear me?" she chide hugging you back.

"Yes omma. I love you" you pecked her on the cheek.

"Come now. We must get going" your father called pulling  your mother from you but not before kissing your temple.

You waved them goodbye as your parents left the apartment.

"Make sure you have your phone with you at all times. I might call every hour to check up on you" Jooheon reminded as he tried tying a knot with his tie.

"So unnecessary" you tsked slapping his hand away so you could tie it for him properly.

"You stay safe alright? I don't want to get any calls from the police or the hospital about you" he warned.

"Yes omma" you mocked as you dusted his shoulders.

"I'm serious" he deadpanned.

"And so am I" you laughed pushing him to the door "Tell the other oppas I said hi" you chimed earning an eye roll and a lazy wave from your brother.

As he finally left, you look around the quiet apartment and hug yourself in comfort. Looking at your mother's wall clock, you decided that it was best to go get ready now and be early at the airport.

 

-At the wedding reception-

 

​​​​​​Kihyun had his best charming professional smile on and looking dashing in a clean cut white tux. He was busy greeting the people that had came to congratulate him ​​​when Wonho crept up behind him and tapped his shoulder urgently.

"What is it hyung? Can't you see I'm kind of busy right now" he said through his teeth as he continued smilling charmingly to the guests.

"We can't get a hold of the maknae line" Wonho too said through his teeth as he bowed and smiled to the company present.

"So?" Kihyun frowned for a millisecond before putting up front again.

"Heechul hyung only trusts those three remember. So without them we can't get the files" he half whispered.

With that Kihyun finally turned to the latter wide eyed. Panic filled his heart as the possibility of what they're planning comes to a fail.

"Congratulations Director Yoo!" A voice boomed pulling Kihyun's attention back in front.

"Ah Chairman Kim. Thank you for coming" he beamed bowing while shaking the elder's hand.

"I can't wait to meet the lucky bride. Too bad I couldn't come yesterday night. My apologies" Chairman Kim genuinely.

"It's fine sir. I'm just honored that you could grace us with your presence right now" Kihyun assured earning a hearty laugh from yhe group.

"Well I'll see you inside then" the elder prompt smiling to the director and to Wonho who was standing next to him before entering the reception hall.

​​​​​​Kihyun let out a breath before grabbing Wonho by the collars "That's the Chairman Kim that I was talking about" he half whispered "If I have him on my side then my dad would finally get to walk the plank" he pressed leaning closer to his friend's face.

"Would you get off of me" Wonho pushed him off and dusted his coat "And to think people see you as the uptight Director of Yoo's Tradings" he mocked.

"We need those files hyung. Can't you persuade Heechul hyung to just give it to us instead?" Kihyun plead.

"Even if we do get the files from him, without either Hyungwon or I.M or even Jooheon for that matters there's no one who could decipher the codes" Wonho reasoned.

"Well could you try calling them again? Please hyung" he plead "This might be my last chance to get my dad what he really deserves" he said.

Wonho let out a sigh before nodding "I'll see what I can do" he assured.

"Thanks hyung. I know I can count on you" Kihyun smiled nudging the elder by the shoulder.

"May the groom enter the hall please" one of the ushers called.

"Be right there" Kihyun nodded "You know where to find me" he smiled at Wonho who in return smiled back.

When Kihyun finally disappeared amongst the guests inside, Wonho stared hard as he fished out his phone and tried calling one of the maknaes one more time.

"The number you have dialed is not in service. Please leave-" "Aish" Wonho cursed as the robotic lady answered instead.

He was about to press dial one more time when he was suddenly knocked by the shoulder making his phone to fly out from his hand and dropped on the floor.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going" a girl with long dark brown hair apologizes as she kneeled down to pick up his phone.

"It's okay no harm done" Wonho assured as he too kneeled down but stop short as the girl lifted her head to look at him.

Wonho gaped unintentionally as he stared at the gorgeous girl in front of him. Jisoo however felt shy at the way the latter was staring.

"I'm sorry about your phone. I hope it's not broken or anything" she meekly smiled standing back up as she passed him back his phone.

"No. Don't worry. Even if it is I needed a new one anyways" he grinned accepting his phone back.

"Ah then erm I should.. get.. going" she excuse herself shyly and pointed to where the reception is held.

"Wait. Are you here for the wedding too?" Wonho quickly asked.

"Yes I am" she smiled curling her hair behind her ear "I'm friends with the bride"

"I'm with the groom. What a coincidence" he beamed "My name is Shin Hoseok but you can just call me Wonho" he introduced himself holding out his hand.

"Kim Jisoo. Just Jisoo would be fine" she shook his hand with a smile.

"Jisoo" the latter repeated absolutely smitten and having no intention of letting go her soft hand.

"I should go and find her" she meekly pulled her hand from his grasp.

"Of course. I'll see you around then" he waved.

"I'd like that" she chuckled nodding and as she turn to enter the hall, two girls quickly came to her in a panic and pulled her to where the bride's room was.

​​​​​​Wonho blinked baffled as what just happen. Then realises that he had a task to do and quickly looked at his phone. Only to be greeted with a black screen.

"Damn it" he cursed combing his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter