Fifteen.

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaving the convenience store, Jooheon was on his phone. He looked down the street. There was no sight of his sister anywhere.

"The number you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please leave a message-"

"Aish Lee Joohyun" he fumed ending the call "I swear to God I'm going to pour out all your Chanel perfumes down the toilet" he grumbled.

With a frown he unwrapped a lollipop before shoving it in his mouth. As he walked down the steps to the front porch of the store he notices a kid no older than a senior in middle school with head phones hanging on his neck, walking towards him from his left. He wouldn't have paid anymore attention until a certain name fell out of the boy's lips.

"Yea Lee Joohyun! That model. I'm telling you! That picture I secretly took of that pretty noona at the cafe. It was her!" The boy exclaimed on his phone grinning.

"Exactly! You should see my sns feed. Its flooding with people asking abour her. And guess what. I actually got paid after telling those commenters where she is" he laughed "Talk about easy money huh"

"Hey kid" Jooheon called making the latter to halt.

Jooheon made a motion of asking the boy to come closer and after checking behind him to make sure that the elder was indeed talking to him. The boy blinked as he came closer.

"Hey buddy, I'll call you back. Yea. Later" the boy ended his call before shoving his hands in his jeans pocket "Can I help you mister?" He asks.

Jooheon crunch on his lollipop loudly before throwing the empty stick on the floor and grabbed the boy by the collars.

"Woah woah mister! What's your deal?!" The boy yelled.

"Who exactly did you tell on her whereabouts?" He seethed.

"Who? What? I don't know what you're talking about" the boy struggled.

"Lee Joohyun! Who did you tell?" He roared.

"I don't know. It was some random chick" the boy gulped.

"Name. I need a name" Jooheon growled.

"I swear mister. I don't know who the person is. She just sent me a direct message saying that she'll pay me 20$ if I told her where I took that picture from so I told her" the boy answered shaking like a leaf.

"Come on kid. I ain't got all day. Their names" he pressed.

"Err it was. It was" the boy repeated looking around as he tries his hardest to remember "I-it was polychrome_kh!" The boy shouted suddenly remembering "Yea thats it! That was her id name. I remember it now. She said she was a big fan of Joohyun noona and wanted to see her in person"

"" Jooheon cursed releasing the poor boy.

The boy panted as he stared at the elder warily. Jooheon glared at him and was about to say something else when his phone rang.

"You stay right here. You hear me. I'm not done with you just yet" he warned making the younger to gulp.

"What?" he answered his phone straight away.

"Is this how you answer the phone?" the caller asked strictly.

"Abeoji" Jooheon answered wide eyed recognizing his father's voice "I'm sorry. I thought you were one of my friends"

"Enough. I don't want to hear it. Now listen. What is this about your sister getting attacked? Aren't you two suppose to be together?" He hushed.

"Err yea we were suppose to have lunch together- wait attacked? What do you mean attacked?" Jooheon balked.

"Lee Jooheon" your father sighed "I suggest you look up at the internet right this instant or I oughta-"

"Okay. Okay. I got it" Jooheon grumbled before cowering as your father scolded him more.

"Aish" he winced pulling his phone far from his ear "Hey kid" he called.

"Y-yea" the boy shook.

"Give me your phone" he said.

"Wh-what? Why?" The boy gaped.

"Just give it here" Jooheon ordered.

Without any other choice the boy handed his phone to the elder only to flinched slightly when Jooheon snatched it from him. With his own phone pressed to his ear by his shoulders, Jooheon typed your name on the Internet search engine and sure enough pictures and articles about you being pelted with eggs came up. There was even a short video of you being saved by some guy. It took no brainer for Jooheon to recognize who the blonde was.

"Are you even listening to me?" Your father barked.

"I am. I am. No worries abeoji. I'll handle this" he promised looking sullen.

"You better. Now I know your mother told you to bring you and your sister here at the mall but not anymore. Just stay at home with her. I'll try my best to persuade your mother about Joohyun not even attending tonight's dinner without telling her about all this" Jooheon heard his father sighed.

"Understood"Jooheon nodded.

"Good. And Jooheon?" He added.

"Yes abeoji"

"Just take care of your sister alright? She's been through a lot" his father said concerned.

"I will" Jooheon assured "I'll see you back home abeoji. Drive safe"

After getting a response and a bid goodbye, Jooheon waited for his father to hung up before finally letting out a sigh.

"Did I do something wrong mister?" The boy spoke warily "I apologise if I did"

Jooheon looked at the boy making him flinch before looking away. He handed the boy's phone wordlessly and took out another lollipop from his pocket.

"Here" he offered.

The boy blinked as he accepted the candy.

"Next time, ask for the person's permission before taking their picture alright?" He advised.

"Wh-what? Erm o-okay" the boy nodded.

"What's your name kid?" He asks.

"Chan. Lee Chan" he bowed.

"Well Chan. I gotta bounce. Sorry about the whole fiasco. People said I have a wild temper so yea. Don't take it to heart aite" he apologizes rubbing the younger's head affectionately.

"Yes mister" he awed.

Jooheon gave one last smile to Chan before heading to where he parked his car. That's when his face turned grim and he fished his phone back out. Scrolling through his contacts, he hit the call button.

"Hello" the caller answered.

"Hey its me" Jooheon state "I need your help. Its about Joohyun"

-At the same time, in your apartment-

Minhyuk smiled as he touched one of the framed baby pictures of you displayed on the bookshelf. No matter how many times he's been here at the Lee's apartment he would sill crooned over your baby pictures as if it was his first time seeing them. He looked over the bookshelf and soften as he noticed one medium sized rectangle frame. It was during after your high school graduation. Well yours and I.M's of course. The both of you were the only ones donning graduation gowns while the others were wearing casual. All except at the time, the soon to be director, Yoo Kihyun. He was wearing a suit and it wasn't because of the occasion but because he had a meeting right after the graduation.

Minhyuk still remembered the look on your face when Kihyun had revealed that he couldn't stay for dinner to celebrate. It was obvious that you were dissapointed but being the angel that you are. You just smiled and nodded saying that you understand. Minhyuk gripped his fist over the frame. That was the start of the numerous times Kihyun had excused himself from their get togethers with a reason of being too busy. You had been putting up front whenever Kihyun couldn't join. Even going to the extend of making excuses for him despite you yourself not knowing the whole truth.

Those few weeks after the graduation were miserable for you. Kihyun had gradually stopped replying to your texts or answered your calls. Even if he did, it will always be the same. He's either too busy at the moment or he's in a meeting so he can't talk right then. Kihyun hasn't even made any effort to see you anymore.

Of course Minhyuk and the guys got furious. They don't mind him being too busy to hang out with them anymore but they were pissed that he wouldn't even make you an exception. Especially when there were others who would've dropped everything just to be with you.

"Yoo Kihyun you idiot" Minhyuk grumbled.

He placed the frame back on the shelf and walked towards the kitchen. He was about to get himself a can of soda when he heard buzzing on the breakfast table. It was coming from your sling bag. Minhyuk blinked as he looked towards your bedroom door where you had gone into to take a shower. The buzzing kept vibrating on the counter so without much choice Minhyuk started rummaging only to pick out an iPad. It was a Skype invite to video call.

"Hollybaby?" He read out loud.

Minhyuk tilt his head. He was contemplating whether or not he should answer the call. Then the buzzing died and the screen turn blank making him let out a sigh of relief. It wasnt long though as the buzzing came back to life and the same caller was on the screen. Startled he pressed accept out of pure panic.

Eyes widen Minhyuk gaped as the caller was put through and the screen showed a gorgeous girl in a striped shirt with pyjama pants. She had her hair up in a very messy bun and wore a pink eye mask over her head.

"Who are you?" Holly asked frowning.

"I-I err" Minhyuk stammered blinking rapidly.

"Where's Joohyun? Why are you the one answering and not her? Wait are you at her apartment?!" She gasped recognizing the familiar kitchen background you had shown her when you had skyped with your parents back in NYC.

"No! I mean yes! I mean Joohyun is not here at the moment. She's in the shower" he pointed though Holly couldn't see where exactly he was pointing at but Minhyuk was too nervous to realised that.

"Well" she crossed her arms "Then may I know who is it that I'm talking to?" She asks unamused.

Minhyuk paused before he bowed formally.

"Hello. My name is Lee Minhyuk" he introduced diligently.

"Lee? I'm pretty sure Joohyun said her brother's name was Jooheon" she pondered out loud and as Minhyuk was about to tell her she mumbled "And I don't remember Jooheon looking this cute"

Minhyuk froze. She just called him cute.

"Shoot! It's really getting late" She cursed "Eventhough I don't know who you are but could you please tell Joohyun to text me so that I know that she's alive and well" she said.

"Yes! Of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter