Twenty One.

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think Kihyun would be okay hyung?" Wonho asks as they walk side by side while leaving the hotel entrance.

"Honestly.. I don't know" Shownu sighed before looking to the other side only to blink "Is that Jooheon?" he asks.

"Hmm? Where?" Wonho turned to where the latter was looking.

There leaning under one of the streetlights across the hotel was your brother.

"What's he doing over there?" Shownu frowned "Come on" he beckoned.

As the two cross the street, Jooheon had his head down with his hands shoved in the pockets of his slacks. It was not only when he heard foot steps headed his way did he finally lift his head up.

"Yah Lee Jooheon!" Wonho gasped wide eyed.

"What?" He mumbled.

"I know you're stress and all buddy but this should never be a solution to things" Shownu chide frowning.

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Jooheon asked getting annoyed.

"We're talking about you rotting your lungs away" Wonho scolded plucking the stick out from the younger's mouth only to gape.

"You guys thought I was smoking?" Jooheon chortled "Want have taste? It's cherry flavoured" he smirked.

"Ha ha very funny" Wonho laughed dryly but plopped the candy in his own mouth nevertheless.

"You hyungs should know better. I mean have you met my dad? He'd break my bones if he sees me hanging out with someone smoking yet alone me holding one" Jooheon snickered.

"Well at least we know you're not going around with a death wish" Shownu finally smiled "You alright?" he asks.

"I don't know hyung. I should've known Joohyun would be too stubborn to stay put. I shouldn't have let her out of my sight in the first place" Jooheon grumbled looking away.

"Hey don't beat yourself too much. At least Joohyun's fine now. Plus we just saw Minhyuk before we left. He said he and I.M would be with Joohyun till Yoo Ah In hyung allows her to go home" Wonho assured.

"Yea well that's another Yoo I owe my gratitude for" Jooheon scoffed.

"What do you mean?" Shownu frowned.

"To be honest, after I.M took Joohyun upstairs, I kinda snucked into the VIP room when Kihyun hyung was talking to his dad" Jooheon admitted rubbing his nape.

"You what?!" Both Wonho and Shownu shouted.

 

Jooheon looked around before he stealthily slipped himself into the VIP room. He ducked immediately behind a potted plant as he looked for both men in the room. There was slight tension in the room as CEO Yoo stood in front of the small stage and was facing the director grimly. 

"Explain yourself" he uttered making his son to lift his head slowly.

"I haven't been completely honest with you father" Kihyun admitted monotonously "But I've decided not to marry Kim Jennie"

"What?!" He barked "You conniving little brat!" He scolded and started hitting Kihyun with a napkin from the nearest table.

"I gave you the opportunity for you to choose your own bride and this is how you repay me" he scolded still hitting him.

"Enough father" Kihyun caught the napkin making the latter to pause in surprise "You should know exactly the reason why I'm doing all this" he glared.

"What are you talking about?" He sneered before eyes widening as he realise "Is this about that girl you kept telling me about" he sneered.

"She's not just any girl, father" Kihyun defended "She's Lee Joohyun, Chief Lee's daughter"

"You mean to tell me that all this time you've been rejecting all those high classed young women I've chosen for you. All for a common girl who colours her hair purple and thinks walking down a platform is a career?" His father mocked "Well I see now why you didn't want to introduce her in the first place" he scoffed.

"The reason why I didn't introduce her to you is because I don't want her to get tainted from your corruptive ways" Kihyun scowled.

"You ungrateful, good for nothing-" his father fumed "That's enough misbehaviour from you tonight. You here me?" He wagged his finger threateningly.

"Now I want you to get back out there and clear this whole mess you've created" he commanded before striding towards the entrance door.

"I'm not going to get married father and there's nothing you can say that would make me change my mind. Not after what happen tonight" Kihyun declared making the elder to pause mid way.

"Is that so?" His father turned with a smirk "Might I remind you who exactly are you addressing to Director Yoo" he started.

Kihyun stood his ground as he watched his father walked back to stand in front of him.

"Why don't we make a deal? I mean we both are bussinessmen here aren't we?" he gestured before dusting Kihyun's right shoulder "You marry Kim Jennie as arranged. The company gets the partnership deal with YG hotels as planned. And I'll promise to not lay a single finger on Chief Lee's daughter's career" he spoke nonchalantly before staring hard at his son who frowned in response.

"You wouldn't dare" Kihyun glowered.

"Try me" CEO Yoo glared back "I would do anything if it's for the benefit of the company. The question is are you?" He quirk an eyebrow challengingly.

Not getting an immediate response, his father snickered and turn to head for the doors again.

"I'll inform our guests that the Director would like to announce something significant before we continue on with our dinner" CEO Yoo declared.

​​​​Kihyun gripped the sides of his pants and shut his eyes tight. Gritting his jaw, he watched as his father waited for his reply while standing next to the door.

"As you wish father, you know I would never disobey you" he glared "Like you said I too would do anything if it's for the benefit of the company"

With that CEO Yoo smiled wickedly and left the VIP room with a slam of the door. Jooheon flinched slightly as the vibration from the door reached him.

"You can come out now. I can see your shoes peeking you lug head" Kihyun called out monotonously.

Jooheon scoffed lightly before standing up from crouching behind the potted plant.

"Yea well I was getting cramps anyways" he snickered making the latter to chuckle.

"Man my family is so messed up!" Kihyun groaned slumping onto one of the chairs nearest to him.

"Nah your old man is messed up, your mom and hyung myeh" Jooheon shrugged "They're alright. You however" he made a face as he walked up towards his friend.

"Thanks. I so needed that" Kihyun chortled.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jooheon started as he grab a chair and turned it around before straddling it and faced the latter "I mean I might've cut you some slack if I had known you were against all this from the start"

"How could I?" Kihyun laughed dryly "It's really something I rather face on my own. Plus if I hadn't done what my father had told me to, I might have as well kissed my chance of being a Director goodbye" he smirked.

"Again with the whole being a Director thing" Jooheon eyerolled exasperated "Is that like your only goal in life or something? To be the Director of Yoo's Trading Company" he exaggerated with hands wide open.

"Of course not" Kihyun chuckled "My aim in life is to gather all the shareholders of Yoo's Tradings to my side so that we could finally get that old man off the board of directors" he revealed.

"Woah. Hyung" Jooheon awed "I'm seeing you in a whole different light right now"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter