You and I

The Tales of the Royalty

You.

You with your caramel-coffee colored hair and milky brown eyes.

You.

You make my heart pound faster than the speed of sound.

Every day, you, with your coconut-lime scented hair, would come up and snuggle with me, wrapping your thin arms around my waist.

I react.

Although locked in embrace, our reactions are different.

You react out of friendship, wanting a friendly hug.

I? I react out of love, wanting you so badly.

Why can't we feel the same?

Why can't you see how much I love you?

Your voice is the definition of perfection. Husky, with a nasally twinge to it.

I love it when you call my name; it's as if listening to a song, one especially sung for me.

But I hate it when you call his name.

I want your voice only for me; your song only for me.

Saying all of this is no use, because I'll never have the guts to confess. And you'll never want me.

You'll only see me as you best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

But, to be honest, I'd rather stay this close to you than to confess and lose you.

But it hurts. To see you holding hands with him, hugging him, staring into his eyes...

Your heart belongs to me. My heart already belongs to you.

"Hey." I don't need to turn around to know that an angel was behind me. I turn around, a smile plastered on my face. Not a fake one. For you, my smiles were always real, always sincere.

"Hey!" I am about to say more, but your eyes...

They look worn out, and your gaze looks far-away, even though you're still here.

"What's wrong?"

You immediately straighten up and try to smile. "Nothing." You hope that your answer would stop me from worrying.

But I see past your fake smile. I see that you're sad; that you're lost.

I pull you into a hug, and you immediately let your tears out. Your hands tighten around my shirt, wrinkling it.

But I don't care.

As you cry, I cry, but on the inside. I feel it: your pain, your misery, your heartbreak.

It hurts me to know that you're feeling all of this. My heart yearns for you. So much.

You let go and wipe your tears away. You try smiling. "Sorry. For doing this. For crying. I feel so useless."

I pull you in for another hug. You fit perfectly in my arms, with your head on my shoulders, resting near my neck. I rub your back. "Don't be afraid to cry."

With that being said, you start crying again. "Thanks for being here. All the time, with me. You're the greatest friend in the entire world."

My heart sinks. Friend.

But I smile faintly and continue holding you tightly.

But I want to cry too. I want to cry for you, and for the love that you will never give back to me.

Once you've cried enough, I sat us down, on the couch. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

You nod your head and sigh. "He proposed to me today."

I feel my face redden. I instinctively look to your left ring finger. Bare. "So, what happened?"

You see me look at your finger. "Obviously, I rejected him."

"Why?"

"He said that once I agreed, he'd take me away from here. He'd take me to America, where his new job is."

My heart stopped beating. America? That was so......far away....

"So why'd you reject him?"

You look at me, your eyes casting a spell on me once more. "I can't leave here."

"Why not? You'd be with your parents, and your sister." I tried sounding happy for her, like I wanted her to go to America with him. But the more I tried, the more pathetic I sounded. My sorrow and aggravation was overshadowing my small percentage of happiness.

You stare into my eyes with yours, your gaze dominating mine. "Because I'd be leaving something very important to me behind."

Important? "What would you be leaving behind?"

You close the already small distance between us. Your face is hovering on top of mine, and I feel your warm breath against my face. You lock eyes with me, then you look away.

The words that you whispered to me not only echo throughout the empty apartment, but inside my head. It's all I could hear; all that I wanted to hear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"My heart."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woot! Another one-shot done!

How was it? Did you like my new style of writing? Yes? No? Maybe so?

If yes, there will be more shots like this in the future. If no, well then, I guess I won't write like this anymore. :)

There will be a super awesome award to a reader who guess the correct RF couple of this shot

Please COMMENT and subscribe! ~~~~~~

Saranghaeyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!