Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day? Part 5

The Tales of the Royalty

 

The next morning, Tiffany woke up to the sweet smell of breakfast.            

 

            Breakfast. That’s something she hadn’t had in a while. The first thing she noticed after the smell of breakfast was the absence of Taeyeon. Tiffany slowly traced the imprint left over from the smaller girl. She quickly realized what she was doing and snapped out of it. She crawled out of the warm bed and headed down the stairs, where the smell of food was coming from. She made her way into what she assumed was the kitchen, and the aroma that surrounded her was overwhelming, Something in Tiffany’s heart triggered again as she saw Taeyeon’s mini figure roaming around the kitchen, making breakfast. She found herself smiling and admiring the shorter girl.

 

            “Morning, Tiffany. Yawn.” Tiffany turned around to see a sleepy Yoona stretching her long arms.

 

            “Good morning, Yoona.” She gave the other girl a smile, which was returned warmly. Yoona shifted her gaze to the tiny figure behind Tiffany. “Yo! Taeng! What’s for breakfast?”

 

            Taeyeon finally turned around; her face was covered with powder, and streaks of what seemed like sweat ran down her face. Her hands and apron were all dirtied with white flour as she hastily scrambled back to cooking, ignoring Yoona completely. The taller girl just shook her head and sat down at the dining table. She motioned for Tiffany to do the same. “Sit here. Taeng should be done any time soon.”

 

            Tiffany looked over her shoulder worriedly. “Shouldn’t we help her or something…?”

 

            Yoona looked in the same direction and shook her head. “Naw. She’s got it.”

 

            “Yoona unnie! Tiffany unnie! Good morning!” Seohyun came bounding into the kitchen, her eyes brightly shining. Tiffany noticed Yoona’s sudden change in stature as she greeted the younger girl. “G-Good morning., Seohyun!” Tiffany also noticed that the other girl’s motions got more jerky, and more…

 

            “BREAKFAS-Oh, you’re all here…”

 

            Tiffany giggled at the other girl, laughing not only at her appearance, but at her dorky demeanor. Taeyeon, seeing Tiffany laugh, could only grin sheepishly as she served the table. “There’s pancakes, bacon, waffles, sausages and eggs. Help yourselves!” Taeyeon, after bringing the food to the table, collapsed down on the seat next to Tiffany, whose eyes were wide open. Never, ever had she seen such a beautiful feast laid out before her.

 

            Her stomach growled. “Eat up, Tippani! Don’t starve yourself. Here.” Taeyeon took Tiffany’s plate out from her frozen hands and began scooping heaps of food onto it. “There. Eat up!”

 

            Tiffany felt touched by the simple gesture and looked at the dorky girl sitting next to her. Every time she looked, Taeyeon looked different to her.

 

            Yesterday, when they first met, Taeyeon was an enemy, one of the haters.

 

            Yesterday, when Taeyeon treated her to mushrooms, she pitied her.

 

            Last night, when Taeyeon ran after her-no, chased after her and fainted because of her, she had proven her good and pure intentions.

 

            Last night, when Tiffany shared the bed with her, she was…

 

            Beautiful.

 

            This morning, when Taeyeon was cooking, the way she looked, she was adorable.

 

            Right no- “Tippani, say ‘aaaah!’” Taeyeon shoved a piece of bacon into the other girl’s mouth, startling her. Taeyeon giggled and put a piece of the greasy meat into her own mouth. Tiffany was speechless as she slowly chewed the bacon. She was speechless because of two reasons. One, the bacon was excruciatingly delicious. Two, Taeyeon….

           

            Right now, Taeyeon was the only person she saw, the only person she really connected with.

 

            Breakfast wore on, and Tiffany volunteered to help Taeyeon with the dishes, as Yoona, once done eating, purposefully made herself scarce, dragging a protesting Seohyun with her.

 

            “Thanks.” Tiffany heard Taeyeon’s melodic voice beside her as she dried the dishes. “For what?”

           

            “For helping me.” Taeyeon gave Tiffany a small smile, but it was enough to have the other girl’s thoughts and emotions swirl around like a Merry-Go-Round.

 

            “No. I should be thanking you.” Tiffany rarely said thank you to anyone. When she did, she meant it, with all her heart. She was truly thankful for the girl standing next to her. Taeyeon shrugged. “You’re welcome, then.” Taeyeon flashed her another dorky smile.

 

            That was another thing Tiffany liked about Taeyeon. She didn’t dwell on things. That was a golden opportunity to ask Tiffany about her past, but Taeyeon decided not to. For that, Tiffany fell a little more for the shorter girl.

 

Washing dishes was not a good idea for Tiffany, especially when washing dishes with Taeyeon. Throughout the chore, the two kept brushing arms, touching fingers, and shuffling around. Taeyeon was dying inside, her inner byuntae screaming to be let out. She admitted to herself last night at the café, that there was something special about this Tiffany girl. She felt her heart flutter each time the girl flashed her that smile, felt her breath hitch a little each time the girl called her name, and felt her palms get sweaty each time they touched.

 

            Was this love?

 

            Or was it just pure infatuation?

 

            Taeyeon’s thoughts hadn’t made it that far yet. But she knew one thing was for sure; she wasn’t letting Tiffany out of her sight any time soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woot!!!!~~~~ Part 5, y'all!!!!

You know the drill, part 6 ain't comin till 2 comments later! 

Thanks for all of the comments, by the way! They really do help with my occasional writer's blocks... :) It's because of you guys that I continue writing! 

You readers and SNSD are my muses; my inspiration!

 

So, please COMMENT and subscribe!!!!

 

Saranghae~~~~!!!!