L.O.V.E.

The Tales of the Royalty

L.O.V.E.

 

 

I love you.

Why is that so hard to say?

Maybe because she's my best friend. 

Best friend. That's all I ever will be to her.

It hurts, to see her flirt with other people, especially men, to see them flirt back.

It hurts to see her make out with those men.

"Yuri?" I looked up to see her, in all her perfection. I managed a smile.

"This is my new boyfriend. Ok Taecyeon."

New boyfriend. Huh. Expected.

I threw on a fake smile and extended my hand. "Kwon Yuri. Best friend."

He flashed me a greasy smile. What big teeth he had! "Ok Taecyeon. Boyfriend."

Jessica giggled and I saw him slap her . Ugh. I looked away, trying to look engrossed in my book.

"Just wanted to tell you that I'll be coming home late tonight, kay, Yul?"

"Yeah..." Whatever.

They started walking away, but Taecyeon hung back a little. "Call me if you get bored." He smiled and winked and handed me his card. Super gross. I threw the card away.

I sighed. 

I was alone that night. As usual.

I cooked and ate dinner, all by myself. What did I have? Ramyun. When Sica was home, I'd cook elaborate dishes for us to enjoy. There would actually be a conversation instead of this godforsaken silence.

I watched t.v. Nothing amusing.

I took a shower. When I got out, I walked by Sica's room. The lights were on. "Hmmm...back so early?" I checked the clock. 10:30. Hmmm....

I was going to knock, but hesitated. What if they were... ugh...

I listened to what was going on on the other side. I heard....

Sobs.

Sica........

I went right in. There she was, sitting on her bed, alone, sobbing into her pillow.

"Sica...?"

She looked up. "Y-Yuri? W-what are you doing here?" She wiped her tears away.

I sighed and walked over to her and sat on the side of her bed. "Sica-ah. Wanna talk about it?" I had gotten used to being the person for her to dump all of her relationship garbage on.

She sniffled and cried even louder. 

Her crying made my heart beat in pain. I couldn't stand watching her like this.

"Y-Yul..." She grabbed onto me, her tears drenching my shirt.

I didn't care. I held onto her. "Shhh shhhh. It's going to be ok. I'm here now."

She looked up at me. "He tried..." She burst out sobbing again.

I grew tense. "He tried to what?"

"He tried to...to...to...r-r-"

Crap. I shushed her. "You don't have to say it."

"I-I ran away before he could do anything. I called the police and ran. Oh, Y-Yul. I was so scared."

"Shhh shhhh. You're alright now. You're safe with me."

She continued crying and holding onto me. I stayed with her long into the night. She fell asleep, hiccuping and leaning on my shoulder. 

I sighed. Half a breath of relief and half of knowing that this is the closest I'll ever get to her.

I laid her down on her bed, and slowly got up to walk away, back into my own bedroom.

I felt something grab my hand. 

"Don't. Don't leave me."

"Sica, I-"

"I need you, Yul. Stay with me."

I laid myself down next to her, and she turned towards me. "Yuri. I'm sorry."

"Hmmm? For what?"

"For being a crappy friend to you. I really don't deserve you as my frie-"

"Don't say that, Sica. You know that I'll always be here for you. That I'll always be next to you, helping you get off the ground. I'll always be by your side, caring for you."

"Yul..."

It was time. Regardless of what would happen after, I had to do it.

"You know why?"

Her voice lowered to a whisper. "Why?"

"Because I love you. I love you, Jessica Jung. I've been in love with you since Day 1 of our friendship. That's why I will never leave you. I've accepted the fact that you may never love me back, but that's ok. Please, just know that there's someone out there who loves you, who cherishes you for who you are. And that's me. I love you, Sica. If you don't love me back, at least stay friends with me-"

She put a finger on my lips, ever so gently. Her tears glistened in the moonlight. "Y-Yul...I never realized until now that what I needed was right in front of me. I was blind, I was stupid. How could I not see you? I saw you only as a friend, but now, your words...I  guess I-"

I silenced her with a kiss. An intoxicating, never-ending kiss. "You're mine now, Sica. I'll protect you from anyone who dares to come near you."

She finally smiled, her teeth radiating in the moonlight. "I love you, Yuri. Nothing will ever come between us, ever."

She moved in closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. My arms immediately went around her waist, pulling her even closer. So close that we could hear the other's heart beating.

She whispered, "Your heart's beating really fast." She put her hand on my chest, feeling my heartbeat.

I smiled down at her and brushed her hair away from her angelic face.

"It beats for you."

We fell asleep, bodies and souls intertwined, our heartbeats echoing in the room, our love surrounding us, forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heh heh. What'd you guys think? 
I at thinking of titles, hahaha

Please subscribe and comment ^^~~~

Saranghae!~~~~~