My Christmas Wish Pt. 1

The Tales of the Royalty

 

Our first Christmas together was when we were both eight years old. Well, I was eight and she was seven. I was almost eleven months older than her. 

We spent the day running around in the pure white snow, holding hands and just having a great time. 

We built snowmen and had snowball fights. 

I would always let her win.

As the day came to a close, we went inside and sat by the fireplace, next to the Christmas tree. Unexpectedly, she pulled me close to her.

The clock then struck midnight.

"Yoongie. Merry Christmas!" She wrapped her tiny little arms around my neck and kissed me.

It was first kiss, ever. And it was also secretly my Christmas wish.

I was surprised, but nevertheless, very, VERY happy.

When we broke apart, I asked her, "What was that for, Hyunnie?"

She giggled and blushed. She wrapped her arms around me tighter and hugged me. "It's because I love you, Yoongie!"

Oh, how I would kill to hear those words again.

It's been thirteen years since she left for America. I remember right after she admitted her love for me, she broke the news to me, breaking my little heart along the way. 

She held my hands and looked into my eyes. "Yoongie....I have something to tell you...."

I kissed her on the cheek and smiled. "What is it, Hyunnie?"

"I'm leaving. Tomorrow." She started crying.

"Why are you crying? Your parents are taking you on a vacation! You should be happy!"

She started crying and shaking her head. "No, Yoongie. I'm leaving, forever. I'm never coming back to Korea."

My fragile heart broke into a million pieces. To this day, the pieces are still missing.

Every Christmas eve, including today, I would sit next to the fireplace, next to the Christmas tree, and reminisce. I would look at the pictures we took, and think about all of the great memories we had.

When the clock would strike twelve, I would make a wish. 

A single wish.

"Please, let me see her again. Just even once more. Chaebal....please...." My tears would begin to form. As always.

I sniffed and wiped my tears away while thinking of my lonely Christmas Eve night tonight. My father spends his holidays with his girlfriend, and my mom? Well, she's watching me from heaven. But still...

I would always be alone.

The next morning was truly a white Christmas Eve. The snow was 11 inches deep, and from my window, I could see the little kids running around in the snow, throwing snowballs at each other.

Just like we used to do.

*RingRingRing*

I jumped up from my place next to the window and went to answer the phone. "Yeoboseyo? Ah. Appa. Annyeonghaseyo. Ne. Ne. Agesumnida. See you." 

I sighed. Again. My father was coming home for the first time in two days with some guests in two hours. 

I started cleaning the house. I scrubbed the floors, washed the dishes, and even gave our dog a bath.

It felt like only five minutes, but my two hours were almost up. I hurriedly ran to my room and changed into some nicer clothes. 

*DingDong*

"Coming!" I ran to the front door. "Appa! How are you?" I hugged him. Even though he at being a dad sometimes, he was still my dad. 

"Hey, Yoong!" He ruffled my hair. Just like he always used to do. "The house looks waaaaaay cleaner! Gomawo!"

I smiled. Next, my father's current girlfriend walked in through the door. I actually liked her, even though we've only met two times. She was nice, and she gave off a very...motherly aura. "Annyeonghaseyo, Cho KyungSoon-ssi." I gave her a 90 degree bow. She quickly ran over to me. "Ani, ani. Yoona-yah, don't, please. And just KyungSoon is fine!" She gave me a hug.

"YOONG! KYUNGSOON! Can you guys take over in the kitchen? I need to go pick up our guests from the airport!" My father kissed me on the forehead and KyungSoon on the lips. "See you later!"

Once the door closed, KyungSoon turned to me and smiled. "So! What do you usually eat for dinner on Christmas Eve?"

"Me? Hmmm....ramyun. Or take-out. I'm usually by myself, so...."

She was shocked. "You poor thing! Here, come help me wash the veggies and stuff, and I'll cook us a nice Christmas Eve dinner, how about that?"

I smiled. "I'd love that. Kamsamnida."

She hugged me. "You're too cute! Stop being so formal with me, ok?"

"Ne." I smiled. 

"Here. Why don't you start washing the vegetables, and I'll start setting up the ingredients. What do you REALLY like to eat?"

"Well....I reallllllly like to eat pizzajajangmyeonhotdogshamburgersfrieskimchifriedriceddukbokkinaengmyeon..."

"Ah, so, you are a shikshin, huh?"

I blushed. "Sorta....."

"Good for you! A girl who eats a lot is always the healthiest! Don't worry, I'm a minor shikshin, too!" 

With that, we worked together on preparing for dinner, when...

*DingDong*

"Oh, Yoong, that may be your father. Would you mind answering the door for me?"

"No problem." I walked over to the door and opened it to see my father, red-faced and panting, hard. 

"Ah, gomawo, Yoong. It is FREEZING out there!"

"Where are our guests...?" 

"Oh! Right! Could you go help them with their luggages, please? I need to.......warm up a bit."

"Ne." I went outside. IN the freezing cold, snowy weather. Wearing only a long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and boots.

I was as cold as HELL! With my teeth chattering, I approached my father's car. I saw a man and a woman wearing long coats struggling with their stuff. I went over to them. "A-nn-yeong-has-eyo...Im-Y-Yoona im-ni-da...." I bowed.

"AH! You poor girl! You're freezing!"

"G-g-gwaenchanayo... I'm h-here to h-h-help you with your-b-bag-s..."

"We're fine! Here, you can help us with our daughter's stuff." I lugged two big suitcases back into my house, and immediately sat next to the fireplace, warming my hands up.

"Yoona! I take it you've met our guests!"

"Only for a few moments."

"You should know them!"

"I should...?"

"Well, at least, you should know their daughter!"

Just then, a girl around my age stepped through our front door. HOLY MACKEREL!!! She looked exactly like-

"Annyeonghaseyo. Joneun Seo JooHyun imnida. Nice to meet you all."

She was a prim and proper, and very lady-like. Not to mention, she was super beautiful. I awkwardly bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo. Joneun Im Yoona imnida. Nice to meet you too."

Her eyes. They reminded me so much of her-

"Y-Yoongie?"

WHAT? Only she called me that!!!!! I hesitantly said, "H-Hyunnie? Is that really you?"

"YOONGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She ran to me and wrapped me up in big hug. "IT REALLY IS YOU!!!!!!!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!"

I was speechless. Literally. I was in a state of shock. But still, I hugged her back. 

When we pulled apart, she was still smiling at me, her eyes shining. "I really did miss you! It's been way too long!"

"Heh. Yeah."

"Let's sit down. How have you been?"

I shrugged. "Same old same old, you? How's America?"

"It was....lonely, without you. Yoongie, I really missed you, no, I miss us." She held my hands. Was she still in love with me? As much as I was in love with her still? "Listen, Yoongie, I-"

"YOOOOOONNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" It was my dad. "COMING! Hold on, Hyunnie."

I walked towards the kitchen, but found Hyunnie walking along beside me, holding onto my arm. 

"Ne, appa?"

"Ah, Yoona, thank goodness! KyungSoon here has been making me help her, but I need to help our guests settle in. Could you help KyungSoon?"

"But Seo-"

"I'll help too!" She smiled at me.

My father sighed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, you two."

We walked into the kitchen to see KyungSoon moving around, going from washing the dishes to cooking.

"Appa said that you needed some help?"

KyungSoon turned around, her face red, but nevertheless, she was smiling. "Sure, if you don't mind, could you guys help me prepare the kimchi? We'll be having a Korean-style dinner tonight! I hope that you won't mind!"

Hyunnie shook her head and smiled. "To be honest, I'm quite tired of Western foods."

"She's living in America," I explained to KyungSoon. who nodded her head.

We spent the next two hours in the kitchen, preparing for our Christmas feast. Suddenly, the phone rang. "I'll get it."

I used the cordless phone in the kitchen. "Yeoboseyo? Ah! Yuri-ah! You wanna come over? Sure! Both of you? Of course! See ya!" It was my best friend, Kwon Yuri. She wanted to come over for dinner with her girlfriend Jessica Jung. They usually spent their holidays overseas, so this was a pleasant surprise.

"KyungSoon? I have two more friends coming over, so-"

"Not a problem!!! The more the merrier!!!!"

I kind of really wanted my dad to marry her. "Gomawo!"

Half an hour later, the doorbell rang. *DingDong*

I jumped up. "I'll get it!" It was probably Yuri and Jessica.

It was. "Hey guys!"

"YOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!" Yuri attacked me with a big hug, while Jessica shyly greeted me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hyunnie frown when Yul hugged me. Oh dear........

"Dude! How are you?" Yul clapped me on the back. "Oh? And who is this? Your girlfriend?"

I immediately blushed and so did Hyunnie. 

Yul failed to notice. "Awwwwww! Yoong, go stand next to her!"

Yul practically pushed me next to Hyunnie. "Wow! THE perfect couple!!!!! Don't you think so, Sica?"

Jessica, the ice-princess that she is, was zoning out. Like usual.

"Uh, Sica-baby?"

"Wha-oh, yeah! Guiyeopda!! Can you two hold hands? Yoong! Hold your girlfriend's freaking hand!"

I complied. I didn't want to feel the wrath of HellSica, so I grabbed Hyunnie's hand and intertwined our fingers. "Happy now?"

Hyunnie was blushing furiously, but she didn't pull away.

"KIDS!!!!! DINNER!!!!!"

The four of us walked into the dining room, where, for the first time in my life, the table was set nicely, and it had heaps of food piled up on it. I'm pretty sure I was in heaven. Or close to it, at least.

"Come sit! Come sit! Yoona, you sit next to Seohyun. Yoona's friends, please, sit!"

We all sat around the table, talking and laughing and sharing past memories. My father then stood up. "A toast! To family and friends, and to a very Merry Christmas!!!"

It was truly a great Christmas dinner. Not only did I eat to my heart's content, but all throughout dinner, Hyunnie kept feeding me. I swear, the food that she fed me tasted two times better than it should have tasted.

After dinner, the adults cleaned up, so Yuri, Jessica, Hyunnie and I sat next to the fireplace, drinking hot chocolate and making s'mores.

Hyunnie started our conversation. "So, Yuri, how long ahd you and Jessica been dating?"

Yul proceeded to hold Jessica's hand and smile and her. "We've been dating for five months now."

Hyunnie smiled. "That's really sweet!"

Yul smiled at me evilly and turned to Hyunnie. "So, how long have you two lovebirds been dating?" She then winked at me.

I ate my words along with my s'mores. This was soooooooo awkward..... "Hyunnie just returned from America, so...."

Yul looked at me weirdly. "Hyunnie?"

I blushed. "Er, Seohyun. I call her Hyunnie, and she calls me-"

"I call her Yoongie." Hyunnie smiled at me.

Then Jessica HAD to say, "You two are literally THE cutest couple ever!!!!!! Besides me and Yul, that is."

My face was literally hotter and redder than the fire in the fireplace. I proceeded to look at the clock. Eleven.

"Well, Sica and I should be going. We've got a flight to catch tomorrow morning."

Flight? "Where are you guys going?"

"We're going with Taeyeon and Tiffany to Jeju Island. You wanna come?"

Sounded fun, but.... "I'm good. Thanks for the invite. How are Taeng and Fany?"

"They're fine. But wait till I tell them that our little Yoong has a GIRLFRIEND!!!!"

Here we go again. I then ushered them out of the door. "See ya, YulSic!" I gave Yul and Jessica both a big hug. They laughed and patted my head. "See ya Yoong! Take care of your girlfriend, ok?"

"She's n-"

They were already next to their car. "Bye, Im Choding!"

I sighed and closed the door. Then, I turned to Hyunnie. I half-smiled. "Sorry about those two. They're really..........different."

Hyunnie just smiled. "I thought that they were fun!"

We stood around awkwardly until I came up with the fabulous idea of raiding the kitchen for leftovers. They don't call me shikshin for nothing! We walked to the kitchen, where we saw our parents talking business. My dad noticed me. "Ah! Yoong! What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted some leftovers."

He laughed. "You little shikshin." Well, you know me!

In the fridge, there was leftover ddukbokki.....nah. I checked the freezer, because I wanted- "ICE CREAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!"

KyungSoon overheard me and laughed. "I bought that especially for you!"

I made a heart shape with my hands, as my mouth was full of heavenly chocolate ice-cream. Hyunnie was giggling at me. I walked over to her and handed her a spoon. We walked bakc over to the fireplace and laid down next to the fire, feeling its radiating heat warm our bodies, while the ice-cream cooled us down.

I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I saw Hyunnie staring intently into my eyes. She smiled a smile that was warmer than the fire itself. In fact, it could have melted the ice-cream, because it sure melted my heart. "I really, really missed you, Yoong."

"I missed you too, Hyunnie. A lot. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you." Or loving you.....

"Same. It was as if a part of me was completely missing. I'm glad to be back here, spending my Christmas with you."

The clock struck midnight. She snuck over closer to me and whispered, "Merry Christmas, Yoongie."

Our lips met. Was this deja vu? Was this a dream? I opened my eyes a little. Nope. She was really here, really kissing me. I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist, and she tightened her grip on my neck. The kiss tasted like love.......and chocolate ice-cream and..........salt?

When we pulled apart, I saw that she was crying, her tears streaming down her face like mini-waterfalls. Oh...that's why our kiss was salty.....I wiped her tears away with my sleeve. "Yoongie, I-I have something to tell you."

Uh-oh. I prepared myself for that familiar sinking feeling; I prepared myself to say good-bye to her, once more.

She grabbed my hands and held them tightly. "I'm moving again!"

What? "Great...?"

"Pabo! I'm moving back here! To Korea!!!!!!!"

I couldn't speak. Couldn't think. Was my Christmas wish coming true, at last?

"Hyunnie! That's great news! I-"

"Yoong?"

I looked up. "Ne, appa?"

"I know it's late, but can we talk?" Hyunnie's father stood next to mine. They both had a serious look on their faces. The four of us made our way to the dining table and sat down. Hyunnie and I looked at each other nervously? What was going on?

Hyunnie's father cleared his throat. "Yoona, the reason why I moved my family and I back here to Korea is because my company has gone bankrupt, and your father has graciously offered to help me and my company to get back onto our feet. Unfortunately, though, when my father handed the company over to me, he said that if we ever went bankrupt, and someone helped us out of that bankruptcy, I'd have to marry my child off to theirs. In this case, that means..."

My father finished his sentence for him. "In other words, Yoona, you and Seohyun have to get married...whether you like it or not....I'm sorry."

Hyunnie and I both looked at each other. We smiled and laced our fingers together. I looked at my father and her father and proudly said, "We're totally fine with that."

Our fathers both breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."

And just like that, Hyunnie and I were engaged.

The clock struck one, and I made my way up to my room, after saying goodnight to everyone.

After changing into my PJs, I climbed into my bed and closed my eyes. Then, I heard my door open and the light from the hallway streamed into my eyes. "Nghhh...too....bright!!!!"

"Oh! Mianhe, Yoongie! Never mind, I'll leave." She started closing my door.

I sat up in my bed. "NO!!!! WAIT!!!! STAY!!!!"

She opened my door again, and tiptoed into my room. She climbed into my bed and slept next to me. "Do you mind?"

I smiled at her. "Not at all." I took her hand and laced our fingers together. I kissed her. "Merry Christmas, baby. I love you."

She giggled. "Merry Christmas. I love you too. With all my heart." She smiled at me.

After staring at Hyunnie's perfect face for a while, I stared up at the ceiling, smiling. "Umma, thank you. Thank you for granting me my Christmas wish. Thank you for bringing this angel back into my life." As I Hyunnie's hair, I smiled, knowing that I would never have to spend another Christmas alone again.

This was the first time that I truly smiled during Christmas.

Hyunnie then wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into me. I kissed the top of her head ever so softly.

We fell asleep, intertwined in each others' arms, and intertwined in our love, the way it always will be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally updated! This is gonna be like a six-shot Christmas special of the RF!!!! It'll take a while to write, so bear with me!!!
Plus, random news, but my parents gave me a surprise trip to the Happiest Place on Earth: DISNEYLAND!!! WOOT!!!!
So, yeah....I leave tomorrow and return Monday.....
Yes, I am Seventeen, but no one is too old for Disneyland, right??!?!?!?!

 

Please subscribe and comment!!!!
SARANGHAEYO!!!~~~~~~