Tempted By Love

The Tales of the Royalty

 

"I want you to take me home tonight."

"Absolutely not."

"Why not?" Because I’m afraid that I can’t control myself when I’m around you.

“Just no.”

“Tell me why not.”

“Because, you’re a nuisance, and I don’t want you in my house.” Because you’re dangerous to me.

“But, I have nowhere else to go…”

“ for you.” Come escape with me; come fly free with me.

“Please, I’ll be scared if I’m home alone.”

“Not my problem.” Don’t be scared, I’ll always be here with you.

“We could do homework together…”

“No.” I want to do much more with you…

“But, you’re really good at math, and I could tutor you in English!”

“No. Leave me be.” I would give anything to learn anything from you; just as long I could watch your beautiful face while you concentrate.

“But…”

“No buts. Can’t you find anyone else to pester?” Pester me all you want. I love it when you need me.

“I only want to pester you.”

“God, you’re so annoying!” God, you’re so beautiful.

I feel something wet and warm on the back of my hand.

Your tears.

You’ve been hiding them from me; you’ve been trying to keep them in. You want to look tough around me.

Your body shudders once more as a torrent of tears come down your face.

I am crying also, in my heart. I’m crying because of the impossibility of…us.

“Why…Why are you so cold?”

“You wouldn’t understand.” I’m cold because…I love you. I just can’t say these three words out loud to you. Not yet. I want you to know my heart.

“Try me.” Your tears have stopped. You look at me with your beautiful, brown eyes. I can’t stare back because…I’d break. All I can do is shake my head at you.

“Try you? You still wouldn’t understand. No one understands me. At all.” . I’m breaking.

“How do you know, huh? Why can’t you let me in?” Your voice…you sound hurt, but indignant at the same time. I want you to know me, I want you to know how I really feel, but I can’t…

“Just leave me be, ok?” Anymore of this and I’ll break. I’ll fall and shatter into a number of shards.

“No. I’m not leaving here until you tell me what’s up your .” You use harsh and cruel language to address me, yet behind it, I hear a twinge of want in your voice. You want to know me. But…

“Fine. Then be that way. I’m leaving.” I stand up, grabbing my books and whatnot, trying to hide the sadness I feel inside of my heart. I feel your hand on mine, gripping me with raw force.

“No.”

“Yes.” I yank my hand away, but you hold onto me tightly. On the inside, I’m jumping with joy at the contact. “Let go of me.”

“Not until you talk to me.”

“There’s absolutely nothing to talk about!” It’s so hard to try and act angry to the one that you love. When I yell at you, my heart bleeds for you; I flinch at my own words. I force my hand from out of yours, your tightened grip leaving a red mark on the back of my hand. I gather up my books and run.

I don’t know where I’m running to, or why. All I know is that I’m running away…away from you because I’m a coward.

I reach the edge of the park and I throw my bag down, while my legs are still moving. I couldn’t care less about where it landed, or what it landed on.

I just needed to get away. I continue to run.

I finally collapse under the giant oak tree, using the shade to my benefit. My sweat is pouring down, mixing in with my continuous tears.

I hear footsteps approaching, but I just can’t bring myself to look up-

“You…run…too…fast…” It’s you. But why?

“Why are you here?” My heart. It’s beating so fast.

“Why’d you run off?”

“Again, why are you here?” I don’t need to look up to know that you’re currently hanging your head and sighing. You’re probably wondering why I’m so goddamn difficult.

“Fine. I’ll tell you. I’m here because I was following you-“

“Why?”

“Goddamnit! Just shut up and let me talk for once!” The rage in your voice…it’s sincere and…violent. “I can’t hold it in any longer, ok? I-I-I…I like you, Yuri. I like you a lot.”

“As a friend, right?” No, please don’t say as a friend. Please say that you want me, that you want me as a lover, as a companion.

“N-N-No. More…Yuri, I like LIKE you.” My heart. Did I hear you correctly or was I dreaming?

“Come again?”

“Kwon Yuri, I love you, ok? I’ve always been in love with you ever since last year when you saved me from being trampled half to death. I love you. I LOVE you.” You shed no more tears. Instead, your eyes are gleaming with determination. I stand up, letting the blood circulate more through my body. I can’t believe my ears. Once I stand up, you immediately grab me and you plaster your tiny body against mine, and you nuzzle your face into my neck.

“Take me as yours, Kwon Yuri.”

For the first time in my life, I am speechless. My brain is going crazy. I think I’m going crazy. Did you really say that you loved me? No. Impossible. You’re the Jessica Jung.

“I-I-I don’t know what to say-“ I feel your finger press softly against my lips, shushing me.

“Say that you love me.”

“I-I-I-“

“Say it, Kwon. I know that you feel it.”

I am tongue-tied. Do I even have a tongue? If I do, then why isn’t it working? Why is it malfunctioning, along with my vocal cords?

“I-I-I can’t…”My voice is barely above a whisper. Can you hear me? I can’t even hear myself.

“Yes, you can.” Your hold tightens on me. I can hardly breathe. I’m suffocating. Is it from your grip?

Or is it from love?

The words that then come out of my mouth were words spoken by a true coward.

“We can’t…You don’t love me. I don’t love you.”

“Yes you do. Kwon Yuri, I’ve seen the look in your eyes way too many times. You stare at me like some infatuated, love-sick puppy, and you say you hate me, but whenever I touch you, your eyes light up. Don’t lie to me, Yuri. More importantly though, don’t lie to yourself.”

“I-I-I’m not lying.”

“You’re in denial. Yuri, accept it. You like me, no. You love me. And I love you. Why can’t we be together? Are you ashamed?”

Ashamed? Was I? Was I afraid of what others thought of us if we went public? Yes. I was. Why? Because I’m a goddamned ing coward.

“I’m scared, Sica.”

“You? Scared? Of what?”

“Of…us.”

“You’re afraid of what others will think of us, aren’t you.” You’re holding my hand, intertwining our fingers. My fingers feel numb.

“Y-Yes.” What will my parents say when they find out? They’ll kill me! “My parents…they…”

“Want you to get married to a successful man and have many babies, huh? I’ve been down that road.”

“How’d they take it?”

You shrug, letting your beautiful, sun-tanned brown locks fall down your shoulders in waves. “They realized that I am what I am. They can’t change me, even if they wanted to.”

“Wow.” There’s so much more that I wanted to say, like how I admired your strength, your willingness to fight, and the way the sun hits your hair- “W-What I meant was, great. For you.”

“Kwon Yuri, stop acting like the tough guy, ok? We both know that you’re lonely; that you feel incomplete without your other half. I can be your other half. Just give me a chance. Please.”

“I-I…” Your beauty has left me breathless. I can only do one thing.

Cry.

I just sit there pathetically and cry. I feel your arms encircle me, I feel the warmth and love radiating from your heart.

It only makes me cry harder, knowing that I can never say-

“Say it.”

“What?”

“That you love me. Say it, Kwon Yuri.” I…..can’t.

“I’m sorry. I don’t love you. I’m in love with someone else.”

“Don’t lie to me, Yuri. I know your heart. I know you.”

“No, you don’t! Stop saying you do-“

“I know that you’re afraid to admit that you’re in love with a girl, that you’re in love with me! You want to be with me, but you’re scared of your parents and every other goddamned person out there! You’re terrified of how they’d think of you, of us. Well, let me tell you something, Yuri. You’re not alone. Whatever happens, we’re in it together.” Your voice grows tender and soft when you place your hand on top of mine. Your eyes are closed, your lips are partially parted, as if you were expecting me to… “Kiss me, you pabo. Kiss me.”

I’m breaking. My fortress is shattering. I can’t hold myself together any longer.

The temptation.

I’m unable to resist.

You jerk my face towards yours and you look deep into my eyes, still holding my face in place. I want to look away, but I’m mesmerized by the dark, chocolatey and dreamy orbs in front of me. I’m entranced; I know that there’s no escape now.

I close my eyes and feel you lightly tugging on my face, no doubt towards you. My heart pounds faster, the blood is rushing to my face, making it feel hot and flushed. I feel something soft press against my lips. Yours, no doubt.

Something that closely represents mini spiders are now crawling up and down my back, making my insides spazz out.

Your tongue wriggles its way into my mouth and asks for permission to tangle with mine.

Our tongues mingle inside each other’s mouths and I hear you moan.

So y.

So seductive.

Unconsciously, my arms make their way around your thin yet curvaceous waist, gripping you tightly.

But this isn’t right. None of this is right. I shouldn’t be kissing you.

But it feels so good, so natural.

“See? You do love me.”

“H-H-How do you know?”

“From the way you kissed me, with such longing, with such passion, I have to be a pabo to not feel your love.”

.

Like a fish wriggling around on a hook, I’m caught without escape.

And you’re reeling me in.

“Fine.”

“Fine…what?”

“Fine. Jessica Jung. Jung SooYeon. I admit. I love you.”

“That’s what I wanna hear. Now kiss me again.”

And I did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wo-ow! Haven't updated in a while hahaha

So, what'd you guys think about this story? 

BTW, the angsty part of the SooSun story is available for those of you who want to read it! Or should i put it up here on AFF? Hmmmm.... O_o

Anyhoo, please COMMENT and subscribe!!!!

 

SaranghaeYO~~~~!!!