I'm in Love with a Shikshin? Pt. 2

The Tales of the Royalty

Should I?

Should I not?

Should I?

Nah...it was probably a joke anyway. Just to make fun of me. Like they used to do.

I'm just a nobody. 

I looked at the card and sighed. I was about to throw it away when I heard,

"You really gonna do that?"

I turned around. "Taeng? What the hell? Have you ever heard of knocking?" Kim Taeyeon was my best friend. Her parents had died when she was younger, so she's been staying with me ever since.

"You've  been staring at that card for over an hour now, Soo. I know it's from 'her.'"

*Sigh* "I'm a lost cause, huh?"

She came and sat down next to me. "Look, bud. I know you better than you know yourself. If you really like this girl, which I know you do, you are going to man up and call her, got it?"

"I-I..."

"You can't? Listen to me, Soo. The girl of your dreams just gave you her number AND not to mention, her address. I'm pretty sure that Boom doesn't even have her digits. So, you snooze, you lose. Call her." Then, she got up and walked away.

*Sigh* It's not that easy, Taeng. You've already got Tiffany...Your life is set.

Mine?

*Sigh* Ottoke? What to do? 

I sat for another hour, then got up. I needed to get out. I put on some sweats and a t-shirt.

"Taeyeon-yah! I'm going out! Be back later!"

Silence. Then a moan.

Ah. She was with Tiffany.

I started jogging, with nowhere in mind.

Before I knew it, I started up a hill. By the time I reached the top, I was perspiring, tired, and very, VERY hungry. My stomach growled, and my lungs stopped working. Not really, but I couldn't catch my breath.

 But all that torture aside, the view was breath-takingly beautiful. I saw the glimmering lights of the city at night, along with the moonlit sky.

*Sigh* "I wish I had someone to share this moment with..." 

I leaned over the railing. I had to do it. "LEE SOONKYU-AH!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO MY HEART?"

My legs buckled and I sat down, on the ground, and looked up at the starry night sky. I wonder what she's doing right now...is she at Boom's party, where she belongs?

Yep. That was her world: full of parties and fun, and most of all, hot guys 

My world? It was full of studying, reading, and a lot of food...

Our worlds were as different as night and day. We could never be. Plus, I'm pretty sure she's straight...

I laid down on the wet grass, and gazed up at the starry heavens.

"Beautiful, huh?"

SLDKFJSDL:KFJ Who...? I abruptly got up and turned around.

"SUNNY???" I blurted out. "What are you doing here?" Stoptalkingstoptalkingstoptalking....apparently, my mouth has a mind of its own. It continued to say, "Aren't you supposed to be at Boom's?"

She only stepped to the railing. "I come up here all the time. To think. To reflect. And just to breathe."

I stayed frozen in my spot. I was half standing, and half squatting. I looked like a freaking frog...

She turned around. God, she was beautiful. She came towards me. Uh-oh...my heart was beating a million times a minute. My blood pounded in my ears. I finally stood up, but my legs were wobbling, like a newborn baby calf.

"You never called me."

Yeah, that's cause I'm a coward. "Uh...wel....I thought-"

"You thought it was a joke, huh?"

YES. "No. Not. I just...I was busy..."

She moved closer to me. I gulped. 

"Busy doing what?"

"H-h-homework..." 

"It's a three day weekend."

Aish...forgot...

"Make-up work..."

"You have no work to make up. You rank top in our class, every year."

! Come on, thinkthinkthink.... *GRUMBLE*

She stopped advancing towards me. This is one of the rare times I must thank my stomach for growling. Yep, I was Saved by the Growl!

"Are you...did you eat dinner?"

"Uh....well...I had a plate of kimchi fried rice, and like three bags of rice crackers, but that's it."

Her jaw dropped.

"I know, I know. That's not a lot."

"NOT A LOT? What ARE you, a PIG?"

Close. "Nah. Taeng calls me a Shikshin."

"Taeng?" She raised her eyebrow and moved closer to me. "And, who is this Taeng?"

Omo~ Is she jealous? Kekeke... maybe I should.... "She's just a friend."

Sunny moved even closer. "A friend?"

"Ne." Just then, my phone rang. "Yeoboseyo? Ah, Taeng-yah! Ne. I'm on the hill. You what? You did? Oh, gomawo. Yeah, I'm coming down...No, you don't have to come get me, you dork...no, I haven't fainted from hunger...araso, araso. Saranghae."

I hung up the phone. Perfect timing, Taeng! I have to remind myself to give that danshin a hug when I get home.

"Are you going home?" She distanced herself from me a little.

"Ne."

"Oh."

"You wanna join me for dinner?" Omo~ Did I just ask her over for dinner? Damn...when did I get the nerve?

"Gwaenchana. I don't want to disturb you and 'Taeng.'" 

HAHA~ Success! She was jealous!!!!!! "Hahahaha. Nah, seriously though. Taeng's just a really, really good friend. She's been living with me ever since her parents died, so we're more like sisters than friends, I guess."

She smiled again. "Oh! In that case...then sure! But, are you ok with it?"

"Of course! I invited you, after all!"

We walked down the hill together, perfectly in sync. I shortened my strides a bit, seeing as my legs were 2X longer than hers. We made small tallk along the way, and our arms brushed each other every so often. Even at the slightest touch, I got shivers running up and down my spine. I couldn't help but wonder if she felt the same way...

"Oh, we're here! Wait...crap...forgot my keys..." I ran the doorbell. Jee-zus! Why was I such a pabo.

"You live on Soshi Rd. too? You live only five houses away from me! We're neighbors?!"

"Well I-"

"Nuguseyo?"

"Taeng-yah. It's me. Soo."

"Oh. Where are your keys?"

"Stop being a pabo and open this door."

"Kekeke. Araso." She opened the door and her jaw dropped. "S-S-Sunny-ssi?"

"Ne. Annyeonghaseyo."

"A-annyeonghaseyo...Taeyeon imnida..."

Why was Taeng stuttering? Was she nervous?

"Can we come in? I'm freezing out here..." I was shaking.

Taeng snapped out of her weird trance. "N-ne." She stepped aside and allowed for me and Sunny to walk in.  When I walked by her, I whispered, "Yah. What's wrong with you?"

She smiled dorkily at me. "You got game, my friend. You got game. Oh, and by the way, Tiffany is here, so it'll be the four of us eating dinner. I cooked your favorite: jajangmyun with ddukbokki."

"YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!" I fist-pumped the air.

"Hahaha. Stupid shikshin." We walked into the the kitchen, where Tiffany and Sunny were talking. "Ah, annyeong, Tippani!"

"Sooyoung! Annyeong!" She bounded over to me and hugged me tightly. Then, she went back to Taeng, who smiled dorkily and hugged her girlfriend.

Sunny looked from Taeng to Tiffany and back to Taeng. "So, you two are...?"

Fany smiled. "Yep! We've been dating ever since Taeng saved me from some bad guys. She was so dreamy...."Tiffany closed her eyes and leaned into Taeng, who grabbed her around the waist. I sneaked a look over at Sunny to see if she was getting uncomfortable. She was merely smiling, and said, "You two are so lucky!"

Wait. What? Lucky? Was Sunny...?

"Sunny-ssi, are you....." PABO TAENG!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT!!!!! 

"Ne. I am." Sunny blushed. 

SLKDFJSLK:DJFSD:LKFJ SUNNY WAS INTO GIRLS????????????????

I was getting more and more uncomfortable by the minute. "Er...Let's eat! I'm starving!!!!"

"As expected, Shikshin."

"Shut up, danshin." I glared at Taeng, who ~meronged at me. 

The four of us sat down at the table and started eating the delicious food Taeng cooked. During dinner, we gossiped about everything: from life to the girl group So Nyuh Shi Dae...

Then, we got on the topic of school.

"Sunny, isn't there a party tonight?" Taeng..................................

Sunny nodded. "Ne." 

"So...why are you here, and not there?"

Sunny looked up at the three of us and shrugged. "Just didn't feel like going."

"Chincha? But you're like the most popular girl in the school. It should have been like an obligation for you to go..."

She shrugged again. "I hate Boom."

WHAT? The world just literally stopped turning. I dropped my fork. 

Taeng smirked at me. "Somethin' wrong, Soo?"

I shook my head. "A-Ani." I lowered my head down to my plate and kept eating my fourth plate of jajangmyun. Sunny hated Boom? But...

"Weren't you two going out?" Taeng cocked her head to one side. I swear, this girl can grow up to be a police officer.

Sunny chuckled. "Haha. He wishes. Nah, it was just a stupid rumor. Boom's annoying. He just tries to be funny, which he isn't, to get into girls' pants."

"E-Excuse me." I couldn't eat anymore. I excused myself from the dinner table and walked up to my room, where I could process all of this new information.

I walked back and forth in my room, pacing. My mind was empty, and I was void of any emotions. What had just happened?

"You ok?" I jumped and my head hit the roof. Curse my tallness. I held my head and turned to look at the door. Sunny was standing there, and she was walking towards me.

"Omo~ You're so tall!" She giggled and patted my head. I winced. "Ow..."

"Awwwwww. Here, let me make it better for you." She started rubbing the top of my head. The Lee Sunny, most popular girl in my school. Was rubbing my head.

"Better?"

"Wha-oh, yeah. Much. Kamsamnida." I felt super awkward. I still couldn't quite process the fact that SUNNY was rubbing my head.

"Yah, pabo-ah! Wae are you being so awkward?" She slapped me lightly.

"A-aniya. Not being awkward..."

"Yes you are!"

"No..."

We both unknowingly moved closer to each other. Now, our faces were literally centimeters apart, nose to nose, my eyes staring into her perfect, dark chocolatey ones. My breath hitched a little. Then, I stopped breathing altogether. She closed her eyes, and puckered her lips a little.

Wait...did she want me to...? I tried leaning away, but I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck, pulling me closer, and closer, and closer, until...

"SHIKSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! DESSERT'S READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

LKSDFJSLDKFEKLFN TAENG!!!! I. Will. Kill. You.

Sunny loosened her grip and pulled away. "Mianhe." She ran out of the room. I sat on my bed, stunned. Did that really just happen?

All of a sudden, I heard, "Leaving so soon, Sunny? Desse-" Then the door slammed shut.

This was my chance. I knew it. I couldn't screw it up again. 

I ran after her. When I reached the front door, I heard Taeng say, "Hey! What's going on-"

I already ran out the door. But then, I stopped. Where would she be...?

Then, I knew. 

I started running for my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh dear....this is turning into a three shot....oh well.....
Where would Sunny be? Kekeke 

BTW, so sorry for not updating for a looooooooooong time. I've been in bed with a 103 degree fever that just went away! 
Yep, starting winter break with a cold: always the best feeling *SARCASM*

Please subscribe and comment!!!!!
Saranghae~~~~~~~!