Butterflies Pt. 4

The Tales of the Royalty

 

“Taeyeon? You mean the Taeyeon you’ve been telling me about? The Taeyeon that you think you’re falling for?”

 

Tiffany nodded dumbly. Her mind was numbed to the point where it was impossible for letters to string together to form words already. All she could do was stare at the disappearing figure running away, already a dot in the distance.

 

“Then tell her.” That snapped her back to reality. “Tell her what?”

 

“That you like her. Tell it to her.” Sooyoung was fiddling with the ring box.

 

“…It’s not as easy as you think, Soo. Not all of us can be like you and Sunny…”

 

“Tiffany. Do you like this girl or not?”

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

“Why?”

 

“What do you mean why? If I like her, then I-“

 

“Tell me what it is you like about her.”

 

Tiffany hesitated. Contrary to a minute before, her mind was now running. It was running past all of the special memories she shared with her best friend. It was running past all of the friendly gestures and touches that they’ve shared. Tiffany took a deep breath. “I like the fact that she’s always there, whenever I need her. She’s my marble pillar; she’s there for me whenever I’m down. When she holds me, I feel safe, I feel like we’re the only two people in the world.” Tiffany’s eyes disappeared as her cheekbones lifted up. “I remember the first time I ever broke up with anybody. I was devastated, and needed comfort. I called Taeyeon. She came into my house with her hair all messed up, her pajamas were torn and dirtied, and she was sweating. It was two in the morning and raining. But, I had a sudden craving for ice-cream. I called her, crying, and out of my mind because I had just gotten dumped. I told her how much I needed ice-cream. She arrived at my doorstep ten minutes later holding a gallon of my favorite strawberry ice-cream. She just sat there as my pillar, listening to me rant about how much I hated my ex, and watched me as I splurged on ice-cream. She was quiet, but that was all I needed from her. And the way she would smile at me…” Tiffany felt herself tearing up as she recalled the soft and soothing touches. “Soo…even if she doesn’t speak, I still feel comforted by her presence. Just knowing that she’s there makes me feel safe. I just need to see that smile of hers…But, now, I don’t think she’ll ever smile at me the same way again…” Tiffany began to cry. Sooyoung walked over and hugged the shaking girl. She patted her back. “There, there. If she really loves you back, she’d understand.”

 

Tiffany looked up, teary-eyed, at Sooyoung. “That’s the thing…I don’t know if she loves me back…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another update~~~~ :)

See? the faster y'all comment, ze faster I updatezzzz~~~~
So, please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!!!

Saranghaeyo~~~!!!!