Truth

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jeonghan's POV] 

"Jeonghan-ah" I heard a familiar voice call my name as I regained my conscious. My eyes met with a pair of brown eyes looking down in fret. "Are you okay?" The ceiling and room was too white for my liking. The scent of something I hated the most filled the room, the smell of medicins and disinfectants. I weakly blinked at him and lifted my hand. It was treated and swaddled with a bandaid. I felt numb and insensate. With a slight groan, I tried to balance myself in an upright position.

"Careful!" He quickly supported me with his arms. "You are not supposed to strain yourself."

"What about Mingyu?" Pain started to build-up as he slightly shook his head. 

"He's not awake yet. We're at the same hospital as him" I jolted up upon hearing his statement and made my way outside the room, carelessly removing the IV tube. Seungcheol didn't really mind too. With some informations from the nurse, I went to his ward with Seungcheol slowly trailing behind me. He enveloped his hands around me, pulling me closer to his side as I stared at his unresponsive body behind the blinds. The fluctuating lines on the ECG monitor was the only thing that indicated he was alive

"What you did back there was stupid" He whispered. "Had you thought about me even for a momentary period, you wouldn't have had the heart to do it" He choked on his words, gripping me tighter. Reality then hit me. It was indeed stupid of me to do that. How could I do that? My mind was immensed with all the wretched happenings that I totally forgot about Seungcheol. All I had in my mind was Mingyu and only him. I don't deserve him, after all he has done for me. If not for Seungcheol, I would probably be dead.

"I'm sorry..." My weak voice echoed through the hall whilst I buried my head onto his chest. He wrapped his hands around me and patted my back.

"C'mon. Let's get you back to your room" Even though my legs started moving, my eyes seemed to be fixed on his body. With Seungcheol's hands around my shoulder, urging me to go back, I went to my room. After an hour of silence, slumber found it's way to me.


"All done" I could only hear his voice for it was dark as I held my eyes shut tightly. The needle withdrew from my skin with a cotton swab followed by it to cease the pain and stop the bleeding. I was never really fond of needles. Seungcheol removed his hands from my head, that I embeded on his abdomen while my blood was being taken. I sighed in relief after I saw the needle out of my body. 

"You are weird for someone who has gone through so much pain but is afraid of needles" The man who'd sent me to hell for 10 seconds chuckled, arranging the sample on a polythene cover. I pouted and earned a pat on my head from Seungcheol.

"I'll go get you something to drink" He kissed my forehead before rushing out through the door.

"You guys are cute together." An arm cuff was wrapped around my arm and the machine started to read my blood pressure. For some reason, I couldn't take that as a complement, so in turn I smiled awkwardly at him.

"Umm...Do you know the patient from bed no. 104?" After much contemplation, I asked him.

"You mean that young man from the hit and run case?" I nodded in response.

"Yes, of course. I was in charge of the emergency room that day. I remember him. He was dripping blood all over but managed to stay conscious until he was brought into the surgical room. He muttered something, some name repeatedly that I don't clearly remember." He pinched the bridge of his nose and attempted to recall what he had said but in vain.

"What actually happened in the first place? What brought him here?"

"Well..His toxicology report says that he was drunk and his face looked like he'd been beaten up pretty badly. So my guess is that he got drunk and was involved in a fist fight. Then according to witness', a car hit him at the crossing. " He paused and looked at me as he arranged the apparatus back inside a box. "But why do you ask? Do you know him?"

A bitter smile crept in my face. "He is my friend" I said before closing my eyes and constrained myself to stop tearing up. His face darken and he bid his goodbye, informing me that my results will be ready before noon. After a few minutes of calming myself, I called Jisoo and asked him if he could come here. 

"What? Why are you there? Why did you and Mingyu skip classes today? What happened?" He bombarded me with questions.

"No, wait. I'll come there. Stay were you are. Bed no. 200, you say? I'll be there in exactly 10 minutes." He hung the line, never allowing me to talk. Seungcheol returned with a can of diet pepsi. 

"You sure I can drink this?" I hesitantly accepted the drink and examined the ingredients, being careful of not dying while drinking it.

"Nah...We're in a hospital. What could go wrong?" He grinned and took a seat next to me. I shrugged and started to consume the drink while he cleared his throat to grab my attention.

"I have something I need to tell you" He pulled his chair closer and kept his hands on top of mine. After a big deep breath, he started.

"I have not been truthful-"

"JEONGHAN!!!" A shrieked voice came from the hallway followed by a thud on the door and the owner of the voice himself standing in front of me.

"What happened?! They said you've been admitted here?" A pair of worried eyes examined my body "And what is this on your hand? How did you hurt yourself?!" Now he was literally screaming.

"Calm down Jisoo. I did not call you to yell at my face" I winced and he finally stopped his ramblings. "Have a seat" Unfortunately only one chair was available and that too was occupied by Seungcheol. I eyed Seungcheol and he understood me, immediately getting up from his place and stepped back. 

"Thank you" Jisoo smiled at Seungcheol and continued.

"What happ-" He paused and his eyes widened as he slowly turned back.

"Choi Seungcheol?!" He gasped at the situation and for the first time I wanted to hit myself for being so stupid. I perceived how I was not supposed to be with Seungcheol, let alone date him. I wanted to crawl into a hole, hide and never come back. 

"Crap.." I buried my face on the pillow near me and murmured. I'm dead

"Care to explain Yoon Jeonghan?" I slowly opened my eyes, facing Jisoo, his eyebrow arched and gave me a death glare. It send shivers down my spine. I looked at Seungcheol and he had panic written all over his face. He stood motionless and stared at me, signaling me to take care of the situation while tried to flee the spot.

"And where do you think you're going Seungcheol?" I swear he must have had an eye behind his head to noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter