A walk to remember

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seungcheol’s POV]

The night sky was clear and cold. There was no sign of snow but it was really cold. We walked in awkward silence to that so-called coffee talk An- Jeonghan has offered. He hadn’t uttered a word after he had proposed that offer but yet here we are walking on the cold streets of Seoul to God-knows-where.

“You know we could’ve ordered a coffee at Ace cafè right?” I broke the silence. “We are we going?”

“I’m sorry, I just…” He trailed looking down and paused.

“Just tell me where we’re going, will you?” I was a little frustrated because of his reluctant self. He offers me coffee but never talks. What’s he thinking?

“I’m sorry. if your busy, you don’t have to come. I can go there by myself” He was straddled by my expression. “I just wanted some company” He muttered under his breath which he probably didn’t want me to hear but I did anyway.

“I’m not. It’s just that you call me out but you don’t converse about anything. It’s really awkward right now” I sighed.

“I was thinking..” He looked down again and had a confused look on his face.

“Stop looking down, will you? It’s hard for me to read your face. I can’t even tell your mood” I stopped on my tracks and turned around. I raised his chin and and looked into his eyes, merely inches away from his face. He was quite surprised by my action, which I could tell by the blush on his face. And that’s when I realized what I had done. I quickly moved away.

“Uh…I-I’m Sorry?” I posted that as a question. I saw him chuckle as he continued to walk. Again a long awkward silence before we reached our destination. It was a small loft-like-coffee shop at the end of a really empty street. He went inside and I followed him in. The strong fresh perked coffee smell was so pleasant that I’d almost forgot about our situation. He placed our orders and it didn’t take long before it came in two disposable coffee cups. He paid for it and again we started walking to what seemed like a park not so far from the shop. We settled down on a bench, all the while not having a single conversation. It was killing me. I wanted to ask him why he’d brought me here but it was his time to break the silence.

“It was Mingyu” He said looking at the dark blue sky.

“What?” I looked at him as I couldn’t get what he was talking about.

“Mingyu asked me- more like warned me not to go near you. That's why I was hesitant all this time to talk. And that was why I ignored your apology when you placed your order. He was at the front door smiling at me like you were any other customer. Oh boy if he’d known it was you, I would’ve had to quit my job and never go back there again” Now he was looking at me.

“I don’t know what is between you and what kind of relationship you guys share. But all I know is that you’re not so bad yourself” He faced me and smiled.

“That was what the long silence was about. I needed time to know about you and now that I do, I’m happy that I’d actually called you out” What could he possibly know about me while he barely talked to me?

“To answer your question, I’m good at noticing things. I grew up being alone most of the time. So I started to develop interest in observing people. Their mannerism, their attitude. I’ve seen countless number of fights and breakups. Countless number of confessions and proposals. So It takes me about an hour to figure out the personality of someone I’d just met.” He looked at me again. “For example, you. You have a habit of touching your nose whenever you felt awkward” He chuckled as my eyes grew wide. How did he notice that?

“See! It seems like I’m right! And from what I see, you’re trying so hard to make a conversation but you don’t want to be the one who constantly talks”

“Umm...Your not a psychopath, are you?” I questioned him, a little serious about the question.

“It’s a psychiatrist” He laughed till his stomach ached. “I see your not so good with studies too!" My face grew red at my mistake. How can I embarrass myself like that?

“Can I ask you something?” I asked him as his laughter died. He nodded.

“Are you and Mingyu together?” It took my all to post that question. A simple yes would end everything that I’m feeling right now. Every single butterfly would fly away to the skies. But yet I wanted to know the answer for that. He blushed furiously which reduced my confidence to about 50%. His lips curved into a smile as he looked down. 10% it is.

“And why would you want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter