Relinquish

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon's POV

"Seungcheol!" Ignoring my call for the third time, he stormed straight into his room. What the hell is wrong with him. He comes home banging the door so hard that it almost broke, pushed Chan down and now he has bruises all over his knees and does not freaking answer me.

"Choi Seungcheol, Open the ing door right now" I knocked the door- Silence. "I swear I'm gonna break this damn door if you are not going to open it this minute" Immediately the door swung open revealing an incensed Seungcheol.

"What is your problem? Can't a guy do what he wants to do in a house that he pays rent for?" He growled, obviously irritated about something. 

"Well not by almost breaking the door and hurting Chan. Did you even care-" The door was slammed right in front of my face. "What the ?" Had I stepped a little bit closer, my nose could've been broken.

"Choi Seungcheol!!" I kept banging the door and by now I'm convienced my hand is bruised as well. Well guess what Chan, we both have bruises and the reason behind both of ours is this insane man behind this door. "Let him be hyung. He'll come around. Just give him some time" Chan tugged my sleeved and brought me back to the couch. 

"You are not hurt are you?" My eyes found their way to analyze Chan's bruises. He dusted his knees and shrugged it off. 

"It's nothing hyung. Just a few scratches. Just cause I skipped a couple of grades doesn't mean I'm still a kid. I'm 16 hyung!" He wore a smug on his face and it almost looked like he was way too proud of skipping grades. Chan was always the bright kid. He was from the science department and I'd be a little surprised if he wasn't. His teachers thought that it was such a waste not sending this prodigy to college. Made it through scholarship- obviously, joined the science department and is now half way through his graduation. 

"Looks like our dinner plans end here. I'll get going." He stood up and almost immediately and guilt rushed through my veins. I called for Chan to have dinner together with us because Seungcheol has been stressing out lately. I thought this would be his getaway. But that has crossed his limits. Wait until he gets out of his room the next day.

"I'm sorry Chan. I'll call for deliver-" 

"No that's alright. Vernon invited me to his room anyway. Take care of him hyung. He's been taking it hard for the past few days" His perturbed gaze shifted towards Seungcheol room and the kid was quick enough to comprehend the situation. A tight line formed on my lips as I weakly nodded. After waving me goodbye, Chan left quickly to the next street where Hansol's room was. For once I wanted to strangle Seungcheol to death for his behavior but who knows what he's going through.

Taking a last look at the note I left on his room door, I closed my door. That night neither did sleep nor comfort found it's way to me. Staring at the blissful moonlight accompanied by millions of stars, I spend the night with deepful thoughts as to how I fell for a jerk like him.

 

The morning rays scattered through the window and the dust that was filtered through the light was visible. I opened my eyes once at a time to the annoying alarm clock which was disturbing my not so long sleep. I remember looking at the clock when I fell asleep. It was 4 in the morning and now it's half past 7. Three and a half hours of sleep. Great! Recalling yesterday's incident made me realize why I didn't get my bed coffee yet. Seungcheol always used to bring me coffee when he wakes me up. (I can be a tough target, you know) After spacing out for a minute or so I went out to the living room only to find his room's wide open while my note just stayed still on the door, untouched.

We need to talk, Seungcheol. Breakfast's on me. Get ready at 8.

Right. It's always me who's initiating everything and that guy does not even take his time to read through the note. Would it hurt to talk a small glance at that note? He could not come and that's fine with me. I ripped the note and threw it in the nearby dustbin, reminding myself to never do something stupid like caring for him again. But then again, no matter how angry I am, in the end it always hurts to see him in pain. Because I'm his friend.

It's been 3 days and still he's still not home. The rain is constantly poured and where could this dumb be? This was getting out of hand. Waiting can sometimes be dreadful as you don't even know when the person you are waiting for will return. Bitterness made its presence in my mind. What if he did something to himself? I reached for my jacket and keys and with a huff, I opened the door. Turing around, I was about to lock the door when a figure caught my eye. I brought my gaze down and someone was leaning on the wall, crouched down. He was all drenched from head to toe and was dripping. As soon as he felt my hand on his shoulders, he glanced up. And to my dismay it was seungcheol, looking miserable. Two volka bottles rolled from his hand and it took me a little over a second to realise he was heavily drunk.

"Oh god.." I put his arm around my neck and this is where being short comes to a disadvantage. His weight was pulling me down but nevertheless I was able to drag him to the couch. Despite being fully drunk, he was a little sober. Sober enough to speak.

"I had no where else to go" Hanging his head down, he spoke in a raspy voice. What? You had no where else to go? This is your damn house, you stupid. I wanted to say that. I really did. But instead I asked him something I shouldn't have.

"Why? You have your boyfriend Jeonghan's house right? Oh wait, Mingyu is there" Mockery decided to take up the seat at the wrong time. 

"Jeonghan. Right. He's my boyfriend, right?" Bitterly he chuckled but soon he hung his head down and something fell from face. Soon he started to snifle and by then I'd already started to regret saying every single word that had escaped my mouth. Did they perhaps had a fight? I was happy for some reason but I didn't want to see him hurting

"Hey...It's alright. I'm sorry okay?" I shifted closer to him and caressed his back. "You wanna talk about it?" This is awkward.

"Does he have any idea that I'm regretting and reflecting on every single stuff I've done and every single word I've said? I'm having a hard time here too. We did those things together. But he withdrew a little earlier and I've done certain things I'm not supposed but as soon as I realized my wrong doings, I tried to stop them" He bit his lips and continued to cry his heart out.

"I tried to stop them, Jihoon. I really did" I wrapped my hands around him and pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sure you tried your best in stopping them" I did not know what he was talking about but he needed all the solace in the world

"I'm really repentent of what I did upto the level that it kills me every single time I see him. I'm not expecting his forgiveness but just the fact that he acknowledges my reflection is enough" Sighing, I brought him closer and whispered some comforting words when in reality, I did not know anything about what he's trying to say. But this is not the time to push him. I'd hope that he will tell me when he feels like he needs to.

I spent the night listening to everything he has to say about this person. He has been hurting a lot indeed. Everything he held inside him, he spi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter