Chapter 13

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The noise of loud thuds and shifting dragged Minhyuk out from his dreamland. To add some extra spice, the next door neighbour played the music way too loud. Being the good boy he was, he tried to cover his ear with the pillow in an attempt to block the noise but who was he kidding? Against all odds he heard the music. His eyes caught the clock hanging on the wall. 10:24 it read.

Ready to curse his neighbour, he sprang up and tied his robe. (Minhyuk sleeps bare skinned. Shh, it's a secret) Only after stepping out of his house he remembered that next door was supposed to be empty. 'Someone must've moved in' He thought. Still he wasn't backing up and giving up his sleep.

His knock landed with a little more force than he intended to. After a few seconds the door opened and a girl about his age- or even younger stood there with earphones shoved in her ears. She took a glance at him and turned around and called someone, walking away.

​​​​​Minhyuk was definitely pissed off. What kind of manners does this girl withhold? Is she not even ready to greet her neighbour when they meet for the first time? Minhyuk cared about people's personality and the way they behave rather than the looks. He took deep breaths to control his temper and when was ready, he turned around towards the door again.

There he stood. Minhyuk's dreamboy who stole all his night's sleep. Who bothered him with his charming features. His doe eyes stared a hole at him while he blinked a few times.

He cleared his throat and began.

"The music is too loud, can you tone it down a little bit?" What Minhyuk missed was the slight lift in the boy's lips as he smirked.

"I don't see anyone else having a problem with it Mr.." Minhyuk couldn't believe he was no good than the girl, whom he presumed to be his sister.

"Minhyuk" He said with a little force to his voice making sure to let him know that he was displeased by his attitude.

"Ah Minhyuk-ssi. I think you might have to reconsider yourself before knocking. It is 10:30 AM now" Mixed feelings is what Minhyuk felt. Yes he indeed looks at the person's character and a second's talk made him realise he was anything but nice.

"Are you serious? It's freaking 10:30 in the morning when you decided to take away my sleep"

"I think a sleep until eleven in the morning is more than enough for any human to survive."

"Unless you had something to do in the night" He smirked, rising his eye brow with a tint of teasing. It took less than a few seconds for Minhyuk's face to go plum. 

"I-I didn't have anything to do" Quickly he covered up his embarrassment by bringing the robe's collar close to his face.

"My fault. I should've considered the possibilities of my neighbour being so irresponsible" The boy chuckled and Minhyuk was done with him. His little crush still lingered but a part of him was disappointed with his character.

​​He was already two steps away from the door before the boy spoke again.

"The name is Yoon Jeonghan and I'll take up the part of being your annoying neighbour" Minhyuk did not glance back and walked with his head forward. 

Yoon Jeonghan.

Yoon Jeonghan.

​​​​​​'You just wait, Yoon Jeonghan' As Minhyuk thought, the door clicked behind. And so the game began.

 

 

"Minhyukie" His mother called for the third time and he suddenly came back to his sense. He was spacing out while doing his homework. Not letting his mother wait, he hurdled down the steps and to his horror his eyes came in contact with the person who made him go crazy about everything. But now that he was irritated by his behaviour, he least liked him now.

"Say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Yoon" The two elders smiled and Minhyuk replicated the politeness by bowing down.

"This is Yoon Hyejin, their daughter. But they call her Tzuyu and this is their son Yoon Jeonghan. They moved in next door" Jeonghan waved his hand with the same smirk he saw in the morning plastered. It took him all of him to not roll his eyes at him in front of their parents. That would be impolite.

"I invited them for diner. You were busy with your homework and all that I forgot to tell you" 

'How could you mom?' Minhyuk thought as felt betrayed by his own mother. 

"I think our Jeonghan and Minhyuk are the same age, right?" Mrs. Yoon placed her hand on Jeonghan's shoulder and his smirk only got bigger.

"Really? Minhyuk-ah, why don't you take him to your room and you guys get along. He would really need a companion to show him around town since he's new"

'Way to go mom' Thought Minhyuk.

It's not like he can turn down the request after Jeonghan's mom too appreciated it. Internally he just wanted to go hide somewhere but he had no other go. He put on a fake smile and nodded his head. 

The moment both entered his room, things got really suffocating. He went straight to his table avoiding any eye contact while Jeonghan paced inside his bedroom, picking up random things and observing them.

"So. Lee Minhyuk" He began. Minhyuk's heart pounded and for some reason he started to sweat. It's not like he's smitten, right? Even after knowing about how arrogant he is.

"Are you done fake-writing your homework or what?" Oops. Minhyuk bit his lips and closed his eyes for a second, embarrassed that he got caught. He set his pen down and turned around to see him sitting on a chair with his hands busily fumbling with a glass globe.

"Don't touch those" He snatched the material and placed it on his writing table.

"Icy, I see" Jeonghan chuckled and Minhyuk just wished that the earth would swallow him whole.

"I'm the only one talking here. Why, are you scared or something?" 

"Why would I be scared of you?"

"I don't know I just felt that you would be"

"Well I am not"

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent" There it goes. His infamous smirk. He looked down before looking at Minhyuk again.

"Okay" And yet another few minutes of silence while both the boys observed each other's features. 

Yep. Minhyuk was smitten.

He cleared his throat to ease up the awkwardness.

"So. Tell me about yourself" Minhyuk asked. The moment he asked that, he regretted it.

"No, tell me about yourself. I want to know about you"  Why him out of all the people? 7 billion faces and he's smitten by this boy.

He sighed.

"Um. My name is Lee Minhyuk as you know. I'm 18 years old and I stud-" 

"I'm not asking about your bio-data. I'm asking about yourself" Minhyuk's eyes furrowed. He could not understand this guy.

"Like what's your favourite color. You prefer Pizza or Burger. Real madrid or Barcelona. If you're in a relationship." The last sentence caught him off guard. But he answered everything calmly.

"Black. Burger. Barcelona and nope" He answered looking at anything but him. When he did look up he found Jeonghan mumble something to himself. 

"Explains why you were awake all night" He teased again and this time Minhyuk wasn't backing up. He was the king of flirters. He could handle this boy.

"Oh no, it was just that I saw someone really hot that day and couldn't bring myself to stop thinking about them which resulted in me not sleeping properly" Jeonghan raised his eye brow in a questionable manner. It was working. This time Minhyuk smirked.

"And then you mister started to make all those loud noises and irritate me" Oh Minhyuk was wrong. Mingyu was so wrong. He was gonna lose.

"Let's say I like torturing you" Jeonghan dragged his chair closer to him so basically they were cm away.

"I like it when your pale face turns all pink" Inching closer, he put on his teasing smile. Minhyuk didn't dare to move. He stared at his obs which hid a tint of mischievousness.

The closer he came, the more his face turned red. At a particular point, he held his breath.

"Like now" His lips were barely cms away from his ears. He could feel Jeonghan's breath tickled his ears and he was heating up.

"Lee Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter