Chapter 11

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been days since Jeonghan ran away. He's ashamed of it but it was everything his brain screamed him to do. After that night Mingyu locked himself and never came out the whole day but Jeonghan wasn't there to realise this. He immediately ran away, not even sparing time to take things with him. Everything he had with him at that moment was his mobile, a few bucks, a photo strip with four pictures of him and Seungcheol taken in a photo booth and his room key. With the little money he had, he caught a bus to his home town. 

His home town, a beautiful city a few kilometres away from where he lives now. Everything anyone could ask for was available. Then why he left, you ask? The remorse built up so much up to the extend he couldn't sleep a night without being haunted by his conscience. He had to take up several psychotherapy sessions to actually be able to live like a normal person. Several panic attacks affected his day to day life. A relief from all this included the migration. His therapist suggested that he should try to get rid of everything that reminded Jeonghan of him. She suggested him to move away to a place where he could start anew. Of course his parents were worried but they had to let him learn to survive on his own. But again he has found himself tangled with the same mistakes.

His mother, besides being worried, welcomed him whole heartly. Being his mother she left something was wrong but decided not to push him since he was barely smiling. The dead battery of his phone wasn't recharged and the clothes he wore were shed into the laundry while he took some alone time in his house's veranda. Someone kept him company while he was thinking what he had to do about the situation. Kruger, Jeonghan's golden retriever which was presented by Minhyuk. He was a puppy when he had left him. He had a hard time leaving him back but he had to do it. In order to forget him.

Situated in the outskirts of his city, his new house gave him the perfect atmosphere to clear his mind. The lush, green willow which always sat atop the meadow lost its glory as winter was at its peak. The hail and wind didn't spare a single flower but the willow some how managed to stay strong despite the harsh weather.

"Come here, boy" As Kruger nudged his chest, he brought him closer to an embrace.

"I know, I miss him too" Sighing, his mouth blew hot steam in contrast with the cold. He let his mind wander a little to far into his memories. If his chain of thoughts wasn't interrupted by someone, he probably would've kept staring the willow for another hour or so.

"Jeonghan, stop holding him. He's already asleep. Mom asked us not to put him to sleep in our laps cause then he might not sleep without our embrace" A young girl with long brown hair, doe like eyes and all other features just like Jeonghan sat next to him.

"And you're gonna catch a cold" A blanket was handed over to him and that's when he realised it was freezing outside. He thankfully took it and wrapped it around him as well as his sister, muttering "You too" 

His sister was one of the first people who accepted him with who he was. When one day he reluctantly told her about Minhyuk all she did was smile and utter "I'm glad you're finally acknowledging your true self" He loved her so much. She has been with him all his life and he felt like he needed to share everything that had happened with her.

"What do you think about him?" Glancing down, she stared at him for a while before giving him a soft smile. Without anymore words she pulled him into a tight hug not giving Jeonghan any time to process things.

"We were so worried about you. I'm so, so happy that you found someone" Her voice displayed the true agony that she has been through. She pulled back and looked into his dark orbs with her tear filled eyes. 

"Thank you for giving yourself another chance" She whispered so quietly but the dark silence resonated her voice clearly. 

"Silly" He brought forth his hands to caress her tears away. At that moment nothing else mattered to him. All his concerns vanished as he had someone who truly cared for him all the while. He felt a knot on his stomach because his stay in the new town made him forget how much he loved his sister while all she did was bottle up all her concerns about him. Moving closer, he wrapped an arm around her.

"You wanna hear my story?" A shy smile built up on his face as he looked at her.

"Everything" His smile was replicated.

 

 

 

"So you're telling me that this Mingyu guy found out about you and your boyfriend and he doesn't want you guys to be together?" She carefully tried to list off the points and Jeonghan nodded while trying his best not to sigh.

"What a jerk" With a despised look she stated which earned a glare from Jeonghan.

"He is my friend. You can't disrespect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter