Chapter 12

Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seungcheol?" Jihoon was very sure of hearing someone ring the bell. But that was followed by some weird noises and that's what has gotten him agitated. Light steps followed by heavy breathing, he walked straight into the living room to find Seungcheol pinned against the wall as some tall figure tried to stab him.

Acting upon his instinct, he went for the man from the back and pulled him aside whilst Seungcheol tried to take control over his knife. Even with two people against, he was pretty strong and it took them some time to make him drop it. On the process Jihoon got elbowed by him. Jihoon was finally able to see the burglar as Seungcheol pinned him down. He turned out not to be a burglar and Seungcheol ended up hitting the floor next to him missing his face by an inch.

"Mingyu?" Confused as , Jihoon loosened his fist.

"We meet again" The badly beaten up Mingyu said with a sly smirk. More like a mocking smirk. Seungcheol slackened his grip on his collar and stared at him with an unreadable expression.

"Congratulations mister" Mingyu bitterly chucked and clapped his hands slowly. 

"You always find a way to make my life miserable, don't you? Taking away anyone and everyone that I care for"

Anyone else at this point would be fuming mad for trying to kill them but Seungcheol on the hand wished that he had been stabbed by him. He wouldv'e been forgiven atleast by then, right?

"Mingyu I-"

"Never call me by my name. I do not want my name coming out from a selfish, sadistical bastard's mouth" He spat and it even took a moment for Jihoon to digest his spiking words. But all Seungcheol did was get from from his position of strangling him and wait for him to thrown in more accusations.

But Mingyu didn't. 

"You were my best friend. But you broke everything." Dusting his shirt off, he said as low as possible without eyeing him.

"And we don't belong together anymore" He whispered at the verge of his tears before closing the main door leaving Seungcheol to completely break down, sobbing. Jihoon wrapped his arms around him in an attempt to solace him. But he knew this kind of wound wouldn't be healed by comforting words. He knew how much Mingyu meant to him. They were so close that even Jihoon got jealous of them. It just took few minutes to break that brotherly bond. The bond they weaved with every bit of their heart and soul. The bond they vowed never to break. 

 

"Are you ready to go?" 

"I was thinking maybe I'll stay here for a few days? Be with my family and-"

"Are you sure you're not finding excuses? It's been one week" Jisoo took the bag which was filled with food packed by Jeonghan's mom

"No. Can't a guy gets to spend some time with his family"  He followed Jisoo down the stairs.

"Oh, sure no problem. Your grades won't mind. And you're boyfriend will absolutely won't mind at all" Jisoo was right. Seungcheol didn't call him even once despite his usually clingy self. 'Odd' Jeonghan thought.

"Fine" He groaned as he picked up his backpack. His mom brought some extra clothes for the winter. Jeonghan's mother was at the verge of crying and by the time he went to console her, Tzuyu approached Jisoo.

"Uh..I don't know if Jeonghan told you but he has a medical history with panic attacks associated with his past events. So make sure that new boyfriend of his doesn't break his heart" She looked at Jeonghan as he told Jisoo. All he could do was admire her side profile with a silent sigh.

"And send me message if anything goes wrong" While she turned back to him, he again maintained his cool image.

"Sure" 

After a moment's hesitation "You're number?" He asked. 

"Oh, I'm sorry" Laughing to cover up the embarrassment, she handed him a slip with her number written on. Jisoo couldn't be much more happier than that. His teeth was gritted but he rejoiced internally.

"Bye mom" Jeonghan finally managed to solace his mother and came out of the house.

"Wait" His mother came after him with a cardboard box.

"This...is for you" Jeonghan being handed the box looked at it in complete astonishment. 

"But I thought-" 

"I didn't throw it away. As much as he was precious to you, he was like my son too. I wanted to give this to you one day after you have recovered completely" She carressed the photo of Minhyuk and Jeonghan which was on top of the cardboard box which contained all his belongings.

It might've been almost 2 minutes before he even started to move a single muscle.

"Ready to go?" He asked Jisoo with the kind of smile Jisoo has never seen. He saw determination in his smile which was purely genuine. While leaving that place Jeonghan was sure he would have a very different situation from now on. He was ready to face it.

 

 

The bus back to Seoul was quite. Every now and then he would look at their picture lying on top of the box. Jisoo wanted to tell him everything would be okay. He did not know what it was about but he wanted to help him. 

"Jisoo-yah" Jeonghan called him while looking outside the window. He in turn hummed in response making sure to let him know he had his full attention.

"I'm sorry" Jeonghan was still staring out the cold, deserted st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter