Something Is Missing..

A Little Not Too Over You

Six months down the road as Ella looked out at the window in her kitchen widow ,looking outside.It is getting dark and cloudy outside,sign of a threatening rain outside.Jerry should be arriving soon and she should get ready soon,They are going to meet friends and have dinner.She doesn't really feel up to,socializing and going out but Jerry insisted and he said that it is sort of social obligation to meet the couple that has come to the Big Apple from Jerry's homestate.The guy is supposed to be Jerry's friend and classmate way back.If it is up to ella,they rather stay home and yes even entertaining home is better than going out in this kind of weather...She finished the coffee in her mug and rinse it in the sink...

Ella thought that it has been a while since they are dating exclusively but so far their moment together is not that much.Their life is such a whirl of dinner dates with friends and just palinly socializing.Sometimes she feels like a trophy wife.She feels like Jerry has been dating her for his social needs.But she shrugged  off the thought....Jerry loves her,he doesn in his own way...Somehow she could not help but compare Jerry with Chun.With Chun they always this secret understanding.One does not have to say anything,cause the other understood the other perfectly.They seem to be always in synch with each other.And Chun will e just happy just the two of them,playing house together.Cooking,and sharing a meal together,taking a quiet walk together,and yes making love in the end...So far aside from kissing passionately at times,her and Jerry has not advance into anything...not that she is complaining.But making love with Chun seems to be such a antrural thing to do,two people loving each other and sharing the love that they have for each other...she missed those times...as she wiped away the tears that came reminiscing their time together....

Jerry came when the rain was pouring hard outside,as he rushed to get inside."Oh the rain is so terrible.And the traffic is worst." he moans.

"So are we still going? Can we just postpone this tomorrow?" Ella asked.

Jerry shook his head and smiled."Sorry Honey,can't do.I know you rather stay home but we can't.he called me thrice already." as he looked at her feeling sorry."I'll make it up to you,I promised."

Ella took a deep breath."Alright,we might as well go now.The erlier the better for all of us.We can't be staying late for I have school tomorrow."  she said.

"Alright,I;ll try to bring you home early.." he said,as he took her hand and they braved the storm outside...

The couple who they met are jerry's friends in high school. Vic and Barbie has been a couple back then and yes Jerry used to hold a torch for her but Vic won over him.Ella still noted the longing look that jerry threw in Barbie's direction.First love dies hard,she thought.But surprisingly ella doesn't feel jealous at all.In fact she felt so amused at the whole situation as Jerry tried to impress the couple...with his standing  and with his present position .They went through all of this all night long...They did not go home until way past midninght.

"Thanks again for your patience tonight." Jerry said as he dropped her off in her apartment."You are really anice girl.And I am so lucky to have you."

"Do you still like her?" Ella asked,as she stare at him.

"What do you mean? " as he stared back at her.

"You went to the lenght of impressing her all night.She must be really somebody really special to you then and now?" Ella asked.

Jerry smiled at her and shook his head."Ella Chen,you are quite something else,and that's why I love you." as he kissed her full on the lips,which took Ella by surprise...and this time his kisses are passionate,wanting more from her....as Ella tried to fight him off.

Finally Jerry release his hold on her...and grinned at her. "Too bad,you have to work tomorrow.Good night Ella." as he took off.Ella was left stuck to where she was standing as he looked at him walking away from her.And then Ella realized,he never really did answer her question...but then she knew the answer anyway,and the kiss can never quite cover it up....