Somebody From The Past

A Little Not Too Over You

Ella woke up from her deep sleep,with the contanst buzzing of her doorbell.She looked at the clock and it is only eight o clock in the morning.And today is Saturday,Who could be ringing her at this early on Saturday morning.Jerry is not around.He was on a business trip for two weeks and he is not due back until next weekend the earliest .Nobody called her ,and said that they will be dropping by...any minute now.

Still sleepy clad in her pajama, and barefoot ,Ella reluctantly got up and peep on the hole but she could not figure out who was behind the door.She was still sleepy and she had a hard time focusing on the peep hole of who can it be..So she decided to open the door,with her hair disshiveledand obviously just got out of bed....And as she open the door...her eyes flew wide open when she realized who it was.....and she was in obvious shock..

"Hello Ella...I am sorry to bother your sleep,I hope you still remember me.." Chun said with an amused look in his face,obviously enjoying the sight in front of him..

"Ch....Chun,what are you doing here? " she asked..after staring at him for a few seconds and finally recovered from initial shock...

"I have a business in New York.And Jiro sort of gave me your address." he said."Can I come in?"

"Oh....yes..of course.How long you are gonna be here?" Ella asked."And since when have you been here?" as she let her in...and lead him to the kitchen and sat him in one of the stool there...

"Only for a week or maybe more depending how the negotiations goes,The business is expanding and I might be coming here more often now.So how are you Ella?" he asked as he stared at her and with a certain smile that melts Ella's heart...The look that puts her life in turmoil.

"I am good.So coffee or tea?" she asked..trying to compose herself..

"Or you?" Chun teases as Ella blushed and suddenly remembering their time together..." 'Tea will be fine."

Ella took two mugs on the cabinet.And she accidentally took a mug with Jerry's name  on it...as she hurriedly put it back but it did not escaped Chun's sharp eyes...."Jerry..." he mumbled...as he looked at her..."Your boyfriend?"

Ella smiled at him..."Yeah" was all Ella could say.She could not understand why all of a sudden she felt so guilty.He has gone for a long time with no constant communication.Does he expect her to be waiting for him?She even heard from a friend who happened to travel to Asia and met Chun,that he has a girlfriend and was presumed to be engaged to a certain girl back home...

He just nodded his head and sort of like thinking..and biting his lips...as if gauging and weighing what he has to say next."I see...it has been a while since I have been here and everything has changed already,not only the place  but also the people." as he stared at her...

"Some people changed and some peopel don't.Jiro and Selina are still together.They might be marrying soon." Ella said.as she felt her knees weaken as she sat at the stool next to him. It is better than looking straight in his eyes...Better to look at her kitchen and sat with him side by side...at least she can still feel the comfort of his presence."How about you?I heard that you are engaged too?"

Chun did not answer her question directly but looked at her ."I heard that you are teaching.How do you like your job? "he asked.

"It is tough but I am doing alright I guess.It is vacation time soon.We only have a week to go." Ella said.

"That is good.Are you going back home?" he asked.

"Only for a visit while Jerry is out of town for business until this weekend." she answer.

"So the boyfriend takes priority now. I see..." Chun said."Jiro and Selina said that we ,all of us should have a get together.So they are saying,dinner for tonight.Is that alright with you?" Chun asked."Your boyfriend wouldn't mind?"

"No,it is alright.So dinner tonight.It will be nice to be together ...all of us ...just like old times." Ella said."Is Calvin coming?"

"Yes,he is coming with Joanne.I'll pick you up at six then." Chun said as he drank the last of the remaining tea on the mug and stood up.Ella's heart is like tugging,and she suddenly feel like not wanting to let him go,and she just wants him to stay with her tonight...but then she could not ask for that....as she sighed...this man can still affect her in so many ways than one...

"I have to go.I am sorry if  I disturbed your sleep.I  just  want to see you and I can't wait for tonight anymore.You are still the same Ella ,you as beautiful as ever,the only one..." Chun said as he has this wishful look in him and there is also longing there but it only lasted for a few seconds...as Ella felt herself...almost crying.,as she looked down trying to hide it from him.And it hurts her ..seeing him go again,,,just like the last time...as she stared at him as he walked to the door...She wants to touch him and hugged him ,and yes to feel his arms around her once again.But she just stood there looking at him...She dragged her feet walking him to the door as she followed him...

"It is so nice to see you again,until tonight." Chun said as he took a slight bow at her and left...Ella stood at the same spot until Chun is gone...She didn't know that she was crying until she felt the wetness in her face...Chun came back in her life just like that,without a warning or a whisper.He just showed up in her door and her mind is in total confusion...And yes the old feelings is back again,,,now more than ever.....but then he is already taken...just like her....and what they have is just a thing from the past...as both of them has changed already...