Jerry And Ella

A Little Not Too Over You

Ella stared at the guy in front of her.So this is her blind date,the guy that Jiro and Selina has set up for her,and to think that she has been refusing him for the longest time.She never thought that he can be this pleasant looking.She smiled at him,she can't help when the color crept in her face.Suddenly she felt young again,as she became nervous and unsure in front of him.

" Jerry this Ella,our friend," Jiro said." And Ella,Jerry my Boss."  as he laughed.

"What do you mean Boss.I am not your  Boss.Glad to meet you Ella,I have been hearing good things about you." as he extends his hand to touch her cold and sweaty hand."I am sorry I am a bit late.There are some late minutes hitches.But I promised,you won't have to wait for me the next time. You can even get even with me." as he smiled at her.

"It is alright,I just got here myself.Selina and Jiro are just way too early." Ella said as she laughed.

"So I'll entrust to you my friend, so you can get to know each other well.Take good care of her," Jiro said. as he and Selina got up to leave them alone.

"You are not staying ,even for dinner at least." Ella said.

"Nope,we have to go some where.In fact,they have been waiting for us.Calvin and Joanne is meeting us for a show." Selina said.

Ella stared at Selina as she tried to make a face,but was conscious that Jerry has been watching her intently,Selina just laughed at her.And soon Jiro and Selina left holding hands on the way out.And then the waiter came out asking them for their drink.

"It seems like you have known them for a long time." Jerry said.

"Yes,since college.We shared an apartment together.Jiro and Selina has been together since then." she said."I heard that Jiro worked for you?" Ella asked.

"No he worked with me.I don't own the company.I am also an employee,just  I am the head of the department where Jiro works." he said."So what do you do?"

"I am a teacher.A school teacher." Ella said.

"You must love kids a lot to be a teacher.And you must be a very patient and loving person to be able to do that." Jerry said.

"I love kids,but for being patient and loving ,i don't know about that." she said.

"Maybe I'll know in time."  Jerry said as he smiled at her,And each time he smiles,it melts her heart."Any man or guys around when you were in college?' he asked.

Ella was surprised at his direct question.She doesn't know whether to tell him about Chun but she has to tell him the truth anyway...maybe the details ,she will tell him in the right time."Yes there was someone before." Ella answered,remembering Chun and the memories with him.It still hurts her even now.....

He smiled again trying to lighten up the mood,noting the change in her expression."So what happened to him?"

"He has to go back home.And so the end of the our story too." Ella said as she tried to laugh it off.

"So his lost is my gain.Then I am quite a very lucky guy.I never knew it until now." he said."Well,you don't have to worry about me.I am  very much free and eligible...I am very choosy of my woman,so I have never find the right one until now.." as he stared at her." Ella blushed as she can't help but feel lighter with all the right words that he has been saying to her.

"So where do you want to go tomorrow? I intend to see you everyday and get to know you,really know you." he said."I am game for anything.Just tell me."

Ella looked at him,here is a guy that is so good looking and yes he has been saying all the right words to her and yes her heart was not all sold out to him.Is it too early ..maybe in time she will learn to  relax  then the pain if not totally gone will be less,with him around her .,Ella thought....as she smiled at him and then took a sip of her wine....