Looking Back

A Little Not Too Over You

Tne snow was falling as Ella put on the wiper on the car trying to clear the mirror in front of her.It is late at night and she was on her way to the airport to picked up Chun from his winter holiday.The snow was pouring and it seems like it is endless.Their was a weather advisory on the station and TV,but she ignored them all,anyway,they said that the downpour will not happen until a little bit later.She bit her lips and cursed under her breath,she should have leave the house earlier.Now,probably Chun is waiting in the airport and wondering whether,she's gonna get there or not.And worse is she forgot her cell phone,her lifeline,to the outside world.

She swerved on the turn,hitting a pile of snow,that has already mounded ,the car almost slipped,thank God,she is driving slowly.She can see the airport lights,bright even from the haziness of the mist in the mirror.Yes,she'll get there,snow or no snow.Chun must be shaking his head now.

And soon enough,Ella got in the terminal as she started looking for Chun.She was on the curb,hoping to see him,in the entrance but unable to locate him.She ended up leaving the car by the entrance,in order to get Chun.Thanks again that there is no security in sight.And soon enough,Chun was there,as he eyes her and shook his head at her.She somehow gave him an impish grin,and smiled at him.He looked tired but he still looked so good,yes so handsome,that it still gave her the tingle at his sight.

Chun walked to her and gave her a peck on the cheeks.Her eyes shone but she was expecting more.Three weeks of absence and all she got was a crammy little peck on the cheeks.She did not say a word,remembering that she left the car at the entrance.

"I thought,you'll never get here." Chun said."What a lousy weather to come back."

"You said it." Ella said in agreement, as they walked over to her car.

The snow was still falling and  Ella was driving slowly,more slowly this time.She doesn't care if it will take them forever to get home..She was with Chun anyway.Nothing matters anymore, as long as she is with him and he is the most important thing in her life right now.

"So how was home? Did you had a good time?" Ella asked.

Chun have that lazy smile at his face ,remembering home."Yeah,I did have a good time with my family.My Dad is fine and healthy.quite busy with the business.We never have that much time to bond together.My sister and her husband are good and my brother is also quite well.And the best are my nieces and nephew.They have grown so fast,Angela and Abby and Mark.I even took them to Disneyland.That was a blast." as his eyes become more animated.

"I am glad you had a good time." Ella said.

"How about you? How is your holiday? How is home?" Chun asked.

"The usual thing,family get together.It seems like everyday,we are growing.There is a new addition in the family.Jane had a baby boy,last month.And I will be the Godmother.And we have to go there next weekend." she said.

"Next week? I just got here.Oh no." Chun said with exasperation.

"Don't worry,they are not gonna give you a hard time,like last time.I told them to quit it or else." Ella said as she smiled and grinned,remembering the last time."They grilled you and cooked you to the bone." as she laughed.

"That is not so funny.I feel like I am in some sort of interrogation room  or detention center .I feel like I am dying.If looks can kill,then I should  be dead by now." he said.

Ella still laughing remembering his image,he looked so helpless and pathethic,his face so red and like he doesn know what the heck is going on.That is the problem in being the only girl and the baby in the brood of five.Her brothers are all so protective of her.But they can't do nothing now,she was so head over heels in love with Chun,and it doesn't matter whatever they say anymore.

"So did you miss me?" Chun asked,suddenly all serious now."I missed you.You are the only one missing there.You should have gone with me."

"Of course I missed you.My family might be fun but I did miss you a lot.You just don't know how much." she said.She looked on and they are finally in the apartment,as she stopped the car.

Chun looked at her and smiled."So can I have my proper kiss now?" he asked,as he took Ella in his arms,crushing her and then his lips coming down on her ,meeting hers ..And yes that feels heaven.The snow,the cold weather and the wait,doesn't matters anymore.The most important thing is the person right in front of her ,and it feels so good to be in his arms once again and to taste his lips once again.....She just loves him....and more...