Piano Love

Life After You

We weren't friends, we weren't lovers, we were just making music together.

I kept thinking that, with every verse we finished and every day that passed. He's just a stranger (a really famous one at that) who comes bursting in while I was trying to finish up my song. He knew nothing about me yet he continues to sing as I press the piano keys.

"Jaejoong-sshi... aren't you supposed to be somewhere else?" I spoke as I stopped playing.

He turned to me and smiled, "You just helped me with it right now."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I've been listening to your playing since yesterday and it got stuck in my head. You're a composer for our label right?" he replied.

I just nodded.

"Well, since I helped you out with the song. Would it be okay if you reserve that song for me? We'll go through the process and stuff but I'd want to be the one to perform it." 

My eyes widened, "You... want my song?"

"Well... our song."

I felt heat rush to my cheeks, "uhm... I guess so."

"You agree?" his smile was big and his dimples were showing.

"It would be great to hear you sing it, I don't think I'd have it any other way." I looked down at the piano keys.

He kissed my cheek briefly then left the room.

I felt my face grow hotter and my heart beat 10 times faster.

------ end of flashback-------

"To you it's separation, to me it's waiting." I sighed as I looked at the music sheet once again. My head began to be filled with memories of the past. I placed my feet on the piano chair and hugged my knees. My index finger stayed on one key, pressing it repeatedly as my mind wondered off.

I remember how Jaejoong would wrap one arm around me and let my head rest on his shoulder.

He'd run his hand up and down my arm as he sang a soft melody just to calm me down whenever I sat down like this. Coz' he knew something was wrong.

But right now... 

He's not here to do that. He might never be again.

Just then my phone rang and it was the man I was thinking about.

"You're not taking anything from me?" he spoke with no greeting.

"Why should I?"

"The things... are ours. Won't we split it? You're leaving everything to me."

"You can have everything."

"How about the white grand piano? Are you taking it?"

I held my breath and thought deeply. I want it to stay with me. It was the best wedding gift we received.

"Let's break it." I hesitantly spoke.

I received no response from him.

"Do you want to keep it?" I asked.

I heard him heave a sigh.

"Honey..." I breathed out.

"Keep it, you keep it." he replied then hung up.

I ran my fingers on the keys, "only for a while... It'll hurt to keep seeing you."

 

Thank you new readers and subscribers!

I hope to not disappoint you in the next chapters~ 

I'm sorry if this chapter's a bit boring^^

Tell me what you think...