Wake up, take a chance...

Life After You

Slowly, I felt my fingers regain sensation and hushed voices filled my ears.

The voices were angry but I could tell they spoke with gritted teeth.

"You tell me what happened or I will kick you out of this room. I mean it!" a female voice spoke, her korean had a light western accent. 

I felt the side of the bed rise, whoever sat beside me must've stood up.

"You don't understand, okay?!" a husky voice replied.

"Try me! You bastard. I have every right to know what my bestfriend was suffering for!"

"You just-"

"TELL ME."

"Will you calm down?! She met the girl..."

"Leech? Are you talking about that you replaced her with?"

"Let me explain."

I heard a monobloc chair move, "let's hear it." the female voiced.

"While I was abroad for work... after a party... I got intoxicated..." the man's voice shook as he spoke.

"You slept with Leech." the lady interrupted.

"Why refer to her like that?"

"She's a LEECH. Or would you rather I call her a ? Take your pick."

"Nevermind. She... she told me, she's pregnant."

The monobloc made an impact on the floor and a loud "WHAT?!" errupted from the lady's mouth.

"So you were ignoring my bestfriend for so long because you-" the lady angrily uttered.

"Before you hit me, let me finish! I didn't know how to tell her that I got some other girl pregnant and I felt guilty when I saw her. She was my wife and I got some other girl pregnant. I couldn't handle losing her!"

"If you told her then-"

My hearing began to shut down and I was falling asleep again.

The next moment I felt conscious, I opened my eyes and saw a blonde woman resting her head on the bed I'm lying on and she was sitting on a monobloc chair. She must be the one talking a while ago. However, there was no one else in the room. I wonder who she was talking to.

I let my eyes linger around the room. White walls, 'Get well soon' cards, flowers, balloons, ECG, Dextrose hanging on that metal stand connected to my arm. I was obviously in the hospital.

Feeling quite uncomfortable, I moved. The blonde lady quickly sat up and looked at me with wide eyes.

I raised an eyebrow as I blinked at her.

"Ah nurse... NURSE NURSE" she mumbled in English as she ran out of the room.

Minutes later, she came back with a nurse following her.

"So... how are you feeling?" the nurse asked me.

"My head hurts a bit, but I'm good." my voice cracked.

"Hey bestfriend~" the blonde lady waved at me.

I smiled quite unsure of why she's calling me that. I looked at the nurse.

The nurse looked at me with wide eyes, "Do you know this woman?" she pointed to the blonde woman.

I slowly shook my head.

I saw the lady's mouth open in disbelief.

"Dude this is not funny at all! We went to college together. I'm your bestfriend! I'm Holly!" she shook me a little as she spoke.

"I'm really sorry, I don't-"

Before I could finish my sentence. She fell onto her chair and rubbed her forehead, "That son of a is going to die!" she mumbled.

"What's your name?" the nurse tapped my leg.

I thought deeply, I had no idea.

Is this what happens to the movies? Some Amnesia thing? What happened to me?

"Oh no... Let me call the doctor, okay?" uttered the nurse and she left the room.

"Ah!" the blonde lady, Holly, expressed then brought out a phone from her bag. She then shoved it close to my face, "Do you know this man?" 

I refocused my eyes and saw the wallpaper. It was a picture of a man. A man with soft features that he sort of looked feminine but still quite handsome. I shook my head.

"Are you sure? Not a single eureka moment of who you are when you see this face?" Holly asked quickly.

"No..." 

------------------------------

I had to stay a week more in the hospital for tests and other assurances that I have nothing else worng with me besides my memory. Holly has been bringing proofs of our friendship and other things that would help me know who I was, who I am.

"You're just sitting there... resting. I need a break too but I love my job so much" Yunho complained as he stretched on the couch for visitors. According to Holly, this man was my friend.

After all the things they've showed me, I felt like something was missing. There was something they are not telling me. But maybe, it's just me. I don't know anything about myself. So this is how it feels to have amnesia, so empty.