May we fall in love?

Life After You

Something suddenly buzzed in my head and I pushed Jaejoong back, my hand immediately covering my mouth.

"Sorry, it was just-" Jaejoong began to speak but I didn't want to hear what he had to say.

I took a step back, something felt so wrong with what we just did.

"Wait, wait I can explain." he raised his hand to reach for me but I didn't let him.

I stepped back again and shook my head.

Why did my body respond like that? Why did it feel wrong? What was there between him and I?

I turned around and saw Yunho.

I quickly ran to him and my eyes began to water.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he held my shoulders.

I kept my head down.

"Did Jaejoong do something?"

I shook my head.

Yunho moved, but I couldn't tell what he was doing. It felt like he was waving his hand or something while the other arm was holding me against him.

---------------------------------------------------

"WHAT? HE KISSED YOU?!" Holly exclaimed "AND YOU KISSED BACK?!"

I could just nod in shame.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from that man?" she scolded.

"You told me to just stay friends with him." I explained.

Holly sat down and heaved a deep sigh.

"I guess we can't hide it from you anymore." she mumbled.

I sat across her, "hide what?"

"Kim Jaejoong was your husband. Well, ex-husband. You divorced a few days or was it weeks? Before the accident." 

I stared at her. No wonder Jaejoong was pushing himself on me so much. 

"Did he want to get divorced?" I asked her.

Holly wriggled from her seat and looked up, "I don't know how to explain this to you."

I blinked and furrowed my eyebrows in anticipation for what she's going to say.

"He told me that he was too frustrated about a mistake he did, he said things to you that you never wanted to hear. You took that and filed a divorce against him. He wanted to fix everything but he knew it was too late and he had hurt you already. I told you to just stay friends with him because I'm afraid that you'll remember everything and he'll hurt you all over again. This is the happiest you I've seen since the divorce, I didn't want you to go back to that."

My chest felt heavy. It must've felt real painful for an old lover to not remember you. 

Holly patted my shoulder, "But I shouldn't stop you. If you want to get back with him, go ahead." she smiled at me.

I nodded and held my hands together.

---------------------------------------

Sitting in front of the recording booth, I watched Jaejoong record the first tracks of his new album.

He came out of the booth. I stood up and was about to talk to him when a girl bursted into the room and hugged Jaejoong.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips. One that shouldn't even be done in public.

A cameraman with his recording device stood at the door.

I saw Jaejoong respond to the kiss and wrap his arm around her waist.

Their heads started moving and the camera was put down.

Suddenly a distinct sound escaped the girl.

I cleared my throat before the camera records a right in front of me.

The girl released Jaejoong's lips then turned to me with dagger eyes.

"If it isn't the ex-wif-" Jaejoong placed his hand over the girl's mouth.

"I know about it, don't worry." I smiled.

I saw Jaejoong's eyes light up and his mouth opened to say something.

"No, I don't remember." I beat him to it.

The sparkle died out quickly.

"Then leave! He's gonna be a dad real soon, we don't need you in our life!" The girl spat out  at me while rubbing her belly.

I bowed, "congratulations then. I'll talk to you some  other time Jaejoong-sshi." I stood straight then walked out.

Before boarding my car, I heard my name echo in the parking lot.

Jaejoong was running towards me.

As soon as he came to my side he wrapped his arms around me and held me tight.

"She's lying! That kid's not mine. I don't know whose it is but it isn't mine!"

My head began to hurt a little and nostalgia filled my system.

"Has this happened before? Did we fight in this very place?" I asked him.

He said nothing.

"Jaejoong-sshi. I wanted to talk to you because Holly told me what you wouldn't. I don't know if you were protecting yourself, or you were protecting me, but you could've done something to make me remember."

He just held me close and didn't say a word.

"Could you let me go, please?"

He tightened his hold on me even more, "I just want you to remember by yourself, I don't want to force anything on you. I don't want to just keep holding onto you if you wanted to leave so bad."

"So you're not willing to fight for me?" I blurted out and moved away from him.

He froze there watching me.

"I'm sorry Jaejoong-sshi." I got inside my car, closed the door and drove away.

Through the side mirror, I could see him still standing there with his head down.

I'm sorry, I don't know what the past me would've said but I believe that if you won't fight to get me back, there's no point going back.

 

waaaaah~ 

It's nearing it's end.

I can't come up with anything more to happen

without making it sound like a filler.

Thank you so much for the comments, I wish I could reply to them

but I might sound like a fool if I do hahaha

*forever socially awkward*

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Leave a comment, suggestion or anything~

THANK YOU!