Ways of Moving On

Life After You

"I'm glad you decided to do this~" My old manager shook my hand excitedly.

I smiled at him, "I need to live too."

"You shouldn't just stay on that. Bring back the passion you had for writing songs and singing! It's great that your voice hasn't faded" he let my hand go and gathered his things. "Take care of your voice, I'll see you on Monday."

I watched him as he walked out the door. I sat back down and took the teacup into my hands. Was it right to get into the business when my aesthetic value is just average? But it's the best choice I have right now.

Well actually... I didn't really think anything through. I just hate Jaejoong so much, I want to let the whole nation hear what he is to me. Discreetly, of course.

My phone vibrated and alerted me of a message from my manager.

"I've got you a dancing coach! Meet me in my office at 4pm today" it said.

A dancing coach? Really? I wanted to be a small time singer, not an idol! I texted back.

Nonsense. We're going to use all you have to mark you on the charts!

"What an estatic manager I have." I rolled my eyes.

------------------------------

"So you're legally and completely divorced now?" Holly looked at me through the clothes rack.

I slid one hanger to the side and observed the next shirt, "Yep. I've got the court order and stuff all finished. That husband of mine didn't even look at me. Not one glance or anything. He had his lawyer with him. That... Park... Good looking friend of his with the wide forehead and nice smile"

"Yoochun?" she picked up a dress, "How could you forget his name? We both checked him out so many times during your engagement party!"she started laughing as she headed to the fitting room.

I sat on the chairs placed in front of the rooms, "Well... I'm slowly forgetting anything related to Jaejoong. Both intentionally and not. I mean, I can't remember some things about him anymore, though it's only been a month since we separated. It's difficult to forget his face though. Everytime I switch on the TV. BAM he's there."

Holly got out of the fitting room wearing a black mini dress that hugged her figure just right. She leaned on the doorframe and crossed her arms as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"What's that look for! I was about to compliment your dress but that stare is totally not worth it." I retorted.

"Forget? Like an old boyfriend, you're just gonna forget your ex-husband? How's the dress by the way?"

"It looks great on you! And, yes, why not? Should I emphasize the EX in ex-husband?"

"Alright I'm taking it, I love it's fit too." she entered the room and continued talking, "Honey, you vowed in front of a priest that you will be by his side in sickness and in health, for wealthier or for poorer..."

"Till death do us part, I know. But even in the Bible, divorce is accepted for valid reasons, like adultery. He did not covet his neighbor's wife but he forgot he had one."

"Are you sure he was cheating on you?"

"How many times do I have to tell you what happened Holly?"

"You do know that the only way to forget a past lover is to love another?"

"What the heck are you talking about? It's not like I'm ready to face a new jerk to ruin my life agai-"

"I'm just asking..." she came out of the fitting room and threw the dress on my face, "chillax my friend~ Don't you have to go meet your manager?"

I slowly pulled the dress off my face and handed it back to her, "oh yeah... there's that. I'll get going then."

Holly got the dress and headed to the counter, "See you later~" she waved.

--------------------------

"You're here~ Good. Good. Sit." my manager greeted as I opened the door to his office.

I followed his instructions and sat in front of his desk.

"Do you have a screen name in mind?" He sat on his chair behind the desk and turned to his computer.

"Can't I just use my own name?" I asked back.

He looked at and shook his head, "Do you want everything about you revealed? Your highschool, your college, your divo-"

"Fine! I get it."

"So, what do you think is a proper screen name for you. Something catchy, something in the know, something-"

"Cassiopeia."

"What? A constellation? Why not use one that's well known? Like Orion, Big Dipper-"

"Cassiopeia."

"It just doesn't have an impact."

"Soul."

"Hmm... Sounds ni-"

A knock cut him off from what he was about to say and the door slowly opened, revealing a familiar guy.

"Ah! Yunho, come in, come in! He's the guy I told you about, the one who's gonna be teaching you how to dance!" My manager introduced.

The guy, Yunho, came closer and I swear I've seen his face somewhere.

My manager shook Yunho's hand and motioned for him to sit down across me.

I bowed  a little then brought my stare back to his face.

He did the same gesture.

"Have I seen you from somewhere?" I squinted.

He raised an eyebrow and searched me with his eyes. His look fell on my lap.

He clapped his hands then pointed at me, "Ah! You're the lady who left her bag at the bus stop!"

The memory of that incident  reoccured in my head, "so that was you~ Nice to officially meet you." 

He smiled at me. A smile that wasn't of perfect pearly white teeth but it was just... If I was standing right now, I would've fallen due to my knees loosing strength to keep me up.

I smiled back at him.

 

A longer update~ I hope that's better ^.^

Uhm, help me out a bit with our screen name? Would you prefer Soul or Cassiopeia?

Thanks for reading again ^^

I do read your comments, sorry I don't reply to them.

But I enjoy reading them so keep them coming~