Not Just Friends

Life After You

"Could it be that we used to be lovers?" I asked.

I felt Jaejoong's breath on my ear, he was about to say something when the door suddenly opened, causing us to bolt away from each other.

"Oops, were you... sorry about that. Carry on." one of the back-up dancers voiced out then went back inside.

Jaejoong was making faces of frustration at the closed door and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

He looked at me with caring eyes and I felt my heart increase it's beating.

"We were really good friends with a little misunderstanding. I hope you can forgive me for what I did." He spoke.

I felt like my heart was going to jump  out my body. I knew nothing of his fault but it was as if a whole load was lifted from my shoulders.

I heaved a sigh and smiled at him, "I don't know what you did, Jaejoong-sshi, but let's just leave that in the part of my life that I don't remember." 

"SOUL!" I heard someone yell. I turned to the direction of the source and saw a man probably in his early 30's, wearing a dress shirt and slacks. 

I turned to Jaejoong with a raised eyebrow.

"He's calling you." he answered.

"I forgot! You completely forgot. I'm Pres, your boss. Do you still know how to make songs?" the man patted my shoulders.

I shook my head reluctantly.

"It's okay, take your time. But I'd really like it if you can recover quickly. Hang around the studio, maybe it'll trigger your memory since you basically spend most of your time here." Pres gave me a smile then walked away.

"He's a really... out there boss." I commented.

Jaejoong just nodded in reply.

------------------------------------------

"Another one?" I expressed as I picked up the bouquet of white, pink and red roses on my apartment door.

Ever since I started lingering in the company building, gifts have been appearing on my doorstep.

It was sweet, to say the least, but it would be nicer if I knew who it was coming from.

I got out of my apartment building and saw a car parked on the other side of the road.

Inside was a man  wearing sunglasses, a beanie and a mask.

The man placed his phone on his ear and my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the screen.

"Hey~ I can see you. Are you ready to go?" the man inside the car was waving at me.

I looked at the screen and saw 'Bad Guy <3' written.

"Jaejoong-sshi?" I asked.

"Who else would this be?"

"Why are you wearing... that? You look like a kidnapper."

"I can't be seen in public remember?"

"Oh yeah."

"Are you coming or not?"

"Almost there." I hung up and headed towards the car.

I got in the car and Jaejoong started the engine.

"Thanks for always picking me up..." I told him as I buckled my seat belt.

I saw him smile differently. It was new to me yet it was so familiar. Like deja vu but with a gentle and unexplainably happy feeling.

--------------------------

As each day passed, it was as if I needed to see Jaejoong or the day would somehow feel like something's missing.

We've become really good friends in a span of 2 weeks but Holly had other things to say about it.

"You see, guys like Kim Jaejoong are like... spiders. They lure you into their pretty web of lies and luxury then BANG! You're dinner and left lifeless." Holly animatedly explained to me as she fed her year old daughter.

I sat across the table watching them.

"I'm not saying that I like him. I just... sort of need him."

"Don't give me that sh- I mean... don't tell me those things! You had him once, you don't need him again." she spat out.

"What do you mean? Had him once? What?"

She gave her daughter another spoonful of baby food, "Things didn't work out well between you. I recommend you to JUST STAY FRIENDS. Stay good friends. JUST FRIENDS."

"Why?"

"Just listen to me, okay? I don't want you to get hurt. No more questions."

"O-okay."

-------------------------------

"Look at this!" Jaejoong motioned for me to come closer and take a look at his i-pad.

I scooted beside him on the couch and he placed his arm on the back rest. He moved his gadget nearer for me to see.

As we were watching the video he found, I felt his hand on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

I turned my head towards him. He kept his eyes on the screen but he was smiling too much.

"Yah!" I playfully slapped his arm.

"What?" he pulled me even closer to his side. "I want you to see it clearly."

I couldn't help the smile creeping on my lips.

"Tell me you don't like it and I'll let go." he spoke.

I just couldn't lie, "I have to go. To. The. uh... toilet!" I stuttered then left the room.

Holly knows something I don't remember. I can feel that she's only protecting me but, I really like the feeling of being around Jaejoong. What do I do?

I started walking back and forth in front of the dressing room.

Suddenly the door opened and Jaejoong came out.

As I was about to leave, he caught my hand.

"You're avoiding me, aren't you? Did I come on too strong or..."

I waved my hand in front of me, "N-n-no! I just-"

"You don't like me?" 

"I-it's not that I just-"

My lips were interrupted by his. 

In an instant, I felt my body heat up and my arms found their place around his neck.

His arm was then steadying me by the waist and his other hand was on my cheek.

The kiss was just getting too intense. With every movement he made, my body knew exactly how to respond. This isn't something friends do.

 

T.T 

I hope that was okay...

Crappy? Good? Okay? You should just live under a rock?

Say what you wanna say, leave a comment.

Thanks for reading~