After

Life After You

I watched Jaejoong rehearse for the first time. I mean, I've never really attended any of his live performances or anything related to him performing due to the risk of being found out by fans. So here I stand in awe just seeing the reason why so many girls are crazy for him.

The music ended and he, along with his back-up dancers, struck a pose.

I clapped excitedly and received a bow and warm smiles from the performers.

Handing Jae a bottle of water as he came down the stairs, I complimented the dance.

"Really? You're not just exaggerating? Like you always do..." he asked me nudging my arm with his elbow before pouring the bottle's contents into his mouth.

I pushed the bottle a bit and  the water poured over him.

"Yaaah!" he yelled at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed at the face he was making.

He suddenly pinched my cheeks and stretched my face like it was made of elastic material.

"Ah-ah-oooowwww" i kept complaining but he continued to play with my cheeks.

"SOUL in 5 minutes..." one of the directors called out.

I lightly kicked Jae's leg to get him off me and fortunately succeeded.

He immediately took his hands off my cheeks and replaced them on his leg.

"Serves you right for stretching my face!" I groaned as I rubbed my cheeks.

He straightened up and placed his hands over mine.

"Fine. I'm sorry." he said.

I looked up at him and our eyes just stayed focused with each other. I couldn't tear off our stare. As if in a trance, I let my hands fall to my sides.

"SOUL!" I heard my screen name being called and I quickly turned away from Jaejoong.

He caught my wrist then gave me a 'hwaiting!' before letting me go.

I got up on stage and sat on the piano chair.

"It's not..." I cleared my throat before releasing my first note.

I closed my eyes and positioned my fingers on the piano keys.

 

"It's not the pale moon, that excites me...

That thrills and delights me...

oh no...

it's just the nearness of you..."

 

I let romantic memories fill my head as I sung the piece for the company program-dinner.

Unlike Jaejoong, I'm not part of the intermission numbers. I was assigned to sing while everyone eats their dinner. 

I imagined how it would feel like to sing in front of a live audience and my hands began to shake. I continued singing but my nervousness was getting to me. I opened my eyes and saw Jaejoong watching me and silently singing along.

I felt more comfortable that I started to relax and feel the song even more.

"The nearness of you..." I breathed out as the song finished and I heard applause.

I shot my eyes open and saw the crew looking at me and clapping their hands.

I bowed 90 degrees, for the response was just overwhelming.

"You sounded even better than the last time..." Jaejoong walked towards me as I got off the stage.

Just as I was about to reply, a shrill voice called his name.

The both of us turned to where the sound came from and a girl came running to him with 2-3 cameramen and other crew members right behind her.

It was the leech.

I stepped out of the view and watched them from afar.

"What's all that about?" Yunho pointed out as he came out from nowhere.

I lightly smacked his arm, "Yah! You scared me."

"Sorry" he chuckled, "so... you aren't just friends with Jaejoong are you?"

I cocked my head to the side, "huh?"

"The way you two were playing around a while ago-"

"We're best friends. Comfortable around one another, no biggie!" I waved my hands to indicate that he was totally mistaken.

Yunho shrugged his shoulder and nodded, "fine then, so you're only friends?"

"Yes."

He faced me and scratched the back of his head, "so... uhh... will you be my date for my sister's wedding? I mean... i know it's a little early to ask but she's been bugging me so much about not bringing a girl and... yeah..."

I giggled involuntarily at his cuteness and nodded.

"I love weddings~ Sure I'll come with you." I responded.

Yunho quickly wrapped his arms around me and swayed us side to side quite comically, "thank you! thank you! thank you!"

He released me from his hold and patted my shoulders.

"I'll tell you the details later. I have to go train others now... Thank you!" he waved goodbye as he ran out the venue.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around.

LEECH.

She stood there with a smile so annoying and just... arghhh.

"You're Jaejoong-oppa's friend right?" her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me as she asked such a stupid question in a really 'aegyo' manner.

I blinked at her. So what if I'm Jaejoong's friend?

"I kind of wanted to surprise him about publicly exposing our relationship. I just wanted to know your opinion on how to do that..." she pouted at me.

Oh my lord, forgive me if I hit this woman with a tripod. She's really pissing me off.

"I don't really know Jaejoong's preferences." I sighed and I went to the snack bar.

She followed me.

"I know for a fact that you know a lot about oppa~ You're an ex-girlfriend right?" she said.

I was ready to shove the doughnut I was holding, down her larynx and out her . I swear, this girl better stop talking to me right now.

"Jaejoong and I are just friends." I nonchalantly replied.

She crossed her arms across her chest and pouted, "I'll just find someone else to help me."

I watched her back as she disappeared through the crew.

"Eating... at a time like this?" a familiar husky voice spoke behind me.

I bit the doughnut roughly and chewed like I'm eating raw meat.

Turning around, I threw the doughnut at him and headed out the door.

I heard his footsteps following me.

"Yah! I thought we were fine?" he called out.

I didn't care that we were at the parking lot. I was pissed.

"We WERE! I thought I could live with you as a friend but I can't!" I yelled at him.

He came closer to me and held my shoulders, "Why not?"

I pushed him aside, "I hate you! That's why!"

"That's not a good enough reason for me!" he yelled back.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate the fact that you can move on with your life! Find another love! And all I could do was wish that I never overheard you, that I never saw you with that leech of a girlfriend of yours! Wish that somehow I could just forget everything about you! Live a life with no you! Rather than deal with the truth that our marriage didn't work out because of me!" I spat out.

He looked at me with wide eyes.

My chest was burning and my voice was stuck in my throat. I knew that if I said another word my tears would fall uncontrollably.

So I turned around and ran as quick as I could.

"WAIT!" he called.

But I didn't stop. He had no reason to stop me.

The next thing I felt was pure numbness, darkness, and fading sounds of panic.

 

ahhh sorry sorry slow update again.

Can you guess what happened to our lead?

Do you think this fic's already getting boring?

TELL ME THE TRUTH.

Please do leave a comment.

Thank you for reading!