Soul~

Life After You

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and took deep breaths.

"That was great..." Yunho exhaled beside me.

I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't think I'd go this far.

Yunho sat up and faced me, "You've improved pretty quickly. Once you're done with your debut song, you should definitely get into pop. Ballad is really nice but people should see you dance too."

Sitting up, I grabbed the water bottle beside me and gulped down the contents.

"The first time we stepped into the studio, I thought it'd take half a year for me to train you but you proved me wrong alright. 4 months, it's not world-breaking but quite impressive for a girl who hates dancing." he continued.

I placed the bottle down, "I didn't say I hate dancing. I just don't like how dancers act."

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"YOU are an exception. You're the first dancer I've ever known who didn't look down at me when I turned the wrong way or stepped the wrong foot." I got up and offered him a hand.

He took it and stood up, "I guess we're done for today. I officially declare you a graduate of Yunho's Dance Academy!"

He gave out a laugh and I just smiled. Too stunned by how charming he is, charisma oozing all over his sweaty toned body. He is just Yunho. Nothing can justify his perfection.

I heard someone clear their throat.

I cocked my head to the side and saw Jaejoong standing in the doorway.

"Oh Jaejoong! Long time no see" Yunho greeted him.

Jaejoong walked towards him then gave him a high five and a man-hug.

"So, this is the new trainee you've been talking about." Jaejoong spoke like I wasn't in a hearing distance.

Yunho turned to me and motioned for me to come closer.

"I think you know Kim Jaejoong-"

"We know each other. More than you could imagi-" Jaejoong smiled slyly.

"Friends. We-we're friends." I blurted.

Yunho just shrugged his shoulders, "anyway... what are you doing here Jae?"

"Pres told me that I'm going to have a song with your new trainee." Jaejoong spoke coldly.

My eyes widened and I immediately looked at the door to see my manager holding his hands together and bowing his head.

"O-oh! I see..." I mumbled.

Just then the company president a.k.a Pres entered the room. Talk about adding to the tension.

"Our top star and one of our best composers, trained by the best dancer-choreographer. It's a perfect combination. But I want this to be a total secret. I do not want media finding out about Jaejoong and our new star SOUL." Pres spoke with much enthusiasm. 

"SOUL?" I resounded his last word.

"Yes, honey, from now on you are going to be known as SOUL. I expect to see a great performance in the company dinner next week. Understood? I will give your manager the songlist by tomorrow. Do train well..." he tapped my shoulder then turned to the other two men.

"Yunho and Jaejoong, please take good care of her." he patted their shoulders then left the room.

"I really don't understand Pres. He's all friendly and everything one second, then gone the next." Yunho chuckled.

Jaejoong joined him.

My mind was still stuck on the fact that I have to work with Jaejoong. Like a slow internet connection my mind processed what Pres just said.

I took one slow step after the other towards my bag, thinking of what I'm going to do. My head's screaming so much thoughts right now.

As I reached for my bag, a familiar hand intercepted it. 

"I need to talk to you." Jaejoong whispered quickly grabbing my bag and heading towards the door.

Mindlessly I just followed him out and waved at Yunho before stepping out the door.

In a few moments, I was already in the building's parking lot.

"Get in the car." Jaejoong ordered and I complied.

I sat in the passenger's seat, my brain still screaming at me about so many things that my head's starting to ache.

I heard the driver's side door close.

"Why aren't you complaining? Why did you follow me here with no words at all? Are you playing with me?" Jaejoong spoke, anger ringing at every question mark. 

I shook my head.

"What's wrong with you? Why aren't you talking at all? Do you despise me tha-"

"Are you okay with us working together? You can control Pres. Just tell him you do-"

"That's something I want to ask you! I-"

"Jae... I lo-  I'd still want to work with you." escaped my lips and I turned to him. "can't we just move on like a normal ended couple? Be friends if not..."

He looked front and took a deep breath, "I'll drive you home."

I gathered my thoughts and pulled my bag from the backseat, "No need. I moved."

Opening the door  and stepping out, my chest felt heavy and I just wanted to cry. The reason for which I do not know.

I felt his hand on my arm, "I won't stalk you, I won't randomly drop by at your place. I'll just feel better if I know where you're staying? Hm? I'll give you a ride, as a friend." he smiled at me.

I closed the door and he started the engine.

Although I felt a little lighter some part of me still wanted to runaway.

 

What awaits us, Jae and Yunho?

I have something in mind but I'll leave that for next chapter

I'm really sorry for not updating for such a LOOONG time >3<

Thank you for reading!

Comment and/or Subscribe~