Chapter 9

Premonition For Love

 

Green-eyed monster

---Apartment shooting scene---

Same day after dinner

Director: Aaron, Hebe, please come over here.

The both of them obediently follow the instruction.

Aaron: Anything for us?

Director: Yea! A newly added scene.

Aaron: *puzzled* I didn’t know there’s one. What is it going to be about?

Director: Well, it’s newly added by the scriptwriter. Well, it’s actually about the scene you guys are having in the room. I would like to add a little bit more romance to it.

Hebe: To what extent? *Frowns a little*

Director: Well, the scene will be about Aaron’s character asking Hebe to stay and….you know…the scene will proceed to the point where you guys get a little intimate but I will stop there. Tomorrow will be the scene on Eddie rushing into the room and snatches Hebe away from Aaron.

Aaron: All right. If that will add more spice to the series, I don’t mind.

The director then turns to look at Hebe.

Hebe: I don’t mind too. *smiles*

With that, Aaron walks away to get prepared, having no idea that the scene is secretly plotted by Hebe, who had persuaded the director into adding the intimate scene.

Hebe POV: This is the only way I can get you to remember our past...

While Aaron is preparing for the scene, Gui Gui came over and sat beside him, staring at him.

Aaron: *Frowns on purpose* What’s the matter with you AGAIN.

Gui Gui: You seems….weird.

Aaron: *Acting surprise* Really? In what way?

Gui Gui: I heard about the newly added scene. Hmmm, you seem nervous.

Aaron: *Scoffs* I am never nervous. *Smirks*

Gui Gui: *shrugs* Anyways, if you are nervous, just take this *hands him a tiny coin-sized smiling face*. Hold this tightly in your hands and it will smoother your nervousness.

Aaron: *skeptical* Are you treating me like a 3 year old?

Gui Gui: Nope, a 4 year old. *laughs

Aaron: Rainbow girl!

Gui Gui stops laughing and continues: I’m serious! It works for me very well. I guess you could loan it. No charges.

Aaron: *sighs* Whatever.

With that, Gui Gui walks away to help Xiu with the arrangement of the props.

Aaron POV: I will trust you for once. *Smiles*

Actually, upon knowing about the newly added scene, Gui Gui became a little worried for Aaron. After all, even if the superstar seems calm and composed, he is still human. However, she did not want Aaron to know that she has any knowledge of his past. Hence, she came up with that smiling face idea, hoping to give him a little energy to carry on…

Gui Gui POV: Aaron Yan, I hope the wound in your heart will not hurt again….

----Scene----

Aaron edge closer to Hebe and kiss her on the lips. It is a long lost feeling that seems to bring back lots of memories for the two of them. Aaron clenches his fist tightly as he grab the smiling face in his left fist that is not seen by others.

Aaron POV: I hope this moment passes real quick.

He thought he would screw up and become in love with Hebe all over again but it does not seems to be the case. The kiss meant nothing to him right now. It’s just part of his job, part of what he is supposed to do. He could still feel Hebe’s soft lips pressed against his but that’s just a scene with no feelings.

As if able to sense Aaron’s feelings, Hebe closes her eyes in pain. She could no longer feel the love that Aaron used to give her. Aaron seems so near yet so far. She could feel his presence but not his heart, feel his breath but not own it.

Director: Cut! Great shot! Thanks guys.

Aaron breaks apart from Hebe immediately and resumes his normal posture.

Aaron: *smiles* Nice shot. Thanks.

Hebe: *forced smile* Yea.

Aaron: I did it with a little help. *Smiles*

Hebe: What help? *curious*

Aaron: *Shows her the smiling face* This thingy over here. *Smiles* It seems so small yet so powerful. I wasn’t nervous at all when I was holding this.

Hebe: It’s just psychological effect.

Aaron: *Smiles and shrugs* Either way, it works.

With that, he stands up and walks away.

Gui Gui approaches him happily.

Gui Gui: *stretches out her palm* Loaning fee please.

Aaron: *Act blur* What’s that?

Gui Gui: Loaning fee for the powerful smiling face that reduces nervousness! I told you it would work.

Aaron: *smirks* There you go *hits her palm and walks away*

Gui Gui: *widens her eyes* Hey! Return me my smiling face!

Aaron: *arrogant expression* Loan extended!

Gui Gui: *exclaims* Irritating superstar who is gay and arrogant!!!!

Aaron shows a victory sign with his right hand without turning back.

Upon seeing this, Gui Gui rolls her eyes.

From afar, Hebe could see the two bickering happily.

She could feel a heart wrenching pain that never seems to go away.

Just then, her phone rang.

----Phone conversation----

Hebe: Hebe here.

Eddie: Hebe…

Hebe: Why are you calling me for? If it’s about work, we could discuss at the office. If not, I have nothing to say to you.

Eddie: It’s about Aaron…

Hebe pauses and speaks cautiously: What is it?

----Midnight---

Hebe’s apartment

Hebe looks across the room at the man who seems to be enjoying himself in the company of Hebe. However, Hebe could not help but feel disgusted by the presence of this man. After all, he was the origin of Hebe’s wrecked relationship.

Hebe: What do you have to say?

Eddie: *smirk* Do you have to be so distant? After all, we had been an item before, even though no one ever knew about this.

Hebe: *frowns* I don’t want to remember the past. If it was not for you, I would be with Aaron already!

Eddie: You loved me so much you would do anything for me and later, you fell in love with Aaron Yan and got exposed of your ugly acts and now you blame me for it?

Hebe: You! *Shuts her eyes in anger* Get out of my house. *then stares fiercely*

Eddie: *clearly* I can help you win him back.

Silence hangs in the air as the two of them look at each other in the eye.

Hebe was the one who broke the silence as she could not bottle her curiosity.

Hebe: How are you going to do it?

Eddie: Well, regarding that, you don’t have to know.

Hebe: What are you up to?

Eddie: I’m just trying my best to prevent you from being the green-eyed monster. Jealousy had taken over you, hadn’t it?

Hebe: *takes in a deep breath* Just do what you have to do. You owe me this.

Eddie: *smirks* I owe nobody. But I will do what it takes to get my revenge.

With that, Eddie leaves Hebe’s apartment, leaving the latter sitting in the room, reminiscing about her past with Aaron…..
-----------------------------------------------------------