Chapter 12

Premonition For Love

 

Confession

Hebe POV: No one will know that I have done this on purpose….after all, I’m blindfolded.

Within a fraction of seconds, there were camera flashes and everyone was astounded by the scene in front of them. Of course, the fans were thrilled upon seeing this and they cheered loudly.

Fans: They kissed!!!

Aaron was still in a state of shock as he did not know what had happened. He quickly took off his blindfold and he was shock to find himself in such a state.

Without further ado, Aaron got up with the help of Show while Alien helped Hebe up. Aaron immediately directed his glaze to the backstage crew, hoping to find Gui Gui. To his dismay, he couldn’t locate her. Just as he was about to leave the setting, Show pulled him back.

Show: *whispers in his ears* you can’t leave now. This will make Hebe look bad and the fans might misunderstand you. Just stay here for a while; we can handle this for you.

With that, Show announced that it was just an accident but the fans were too excited and thrilled to hear him out.

For what seems to be eternity, the show finally ended and without a second word, Aaron dashed to the backstage in hope of finding her. However, Gui Gui was nowhere to be seen.

Xiu: Aaron! Are you all right? *worried*

Aaron: Help me find Gui Gui. Where is she? I had been searching for her!

Xiu: *frowns* I didn’t get to see her since the show started. I was too busy and I couldn’t get through her phone too. I’m sorry!

Aaron: I have to find her now. She must have seen what had happened just now. She must be hiding somewhere, alone. I need to find her now.

Xiu: *stops him* No, you can’t go yet. You have an interview with the editor. I’m sorry, Aaron but the editor insisted on interviewing you for his latest magazine edition and if you missed this chance, it’s going to be damaging to your reputation, especially after what happened just now. He wants to interview you and Hebe.

Aaron was taken aback by the news: *sighs* What? It was a pure accident! We aren’t an item at all!

Xiu: I know, I know. This is an order from the company and if we don’t obey, there’s gonna be more trouble and when that day comes, you wouldn’t be able to even step out of the office! I will help you to contact Gui Gui and you can go for the interview. It won’t take long, I promise. Just an hour or so and you can have the rest of the day for yourself! I beg of you!!

Aaron: *Sighs* All right.

Regardless of how reluctant or unwilling he is, Aaron still has to obey the strict orders. After all, he doesn’t want to get Xiu into trouble.

----Phone conversation----

Xiu: Pei Ci, have you found Gui Gui?

Pei Ci: I had been trying to call her. She isn’t at home or in the office. I’m sorry.

Xiu: Ok, we will keep in contact. Call me when you found her.

Pei Ci: Definitely.

----End of phone conversation---

Interview with Editor

Wu Zhun: Hi, I am the editor of ‘Fashion and Celebrities’. Thank you for attending this interview.

Hebe: It’s an honor. *smiles*

Aaron: Hi, nice to meet you.

Wu Zhun: Well, to be frank, I only intended to interview Aaron but when I saw the live show earlier on, I display more interest in the relationship between the two of you. Are you guys withholding what we call, an ‘underground’ relationship?

Aaron held his silence as he did not know how to answer the editor’s question. He knows he would be expected to keep an ambiguous answer or even admit to this relationship because that would mean fame and greater popularity which his company wants. However, deep down his heart, he knows he must speak the truth.

Hebe: *Smiles shyly* Well, we…

Knowing that Hebe is going to admit to the so-called relationship, Aaron interrupted her without hesitation.

Aaron: We are just simply friends, not what you have mentioned. What happened just now is just plainly an accident.

Wu Zhun: *Skeptical* Is that so? But Miss Hebe doesn’t seem to agree.

Hebe looks at Aaron, trying to signal him to hold his silence: Well, I was…

Aaron: *sternly* We are just friends, no other relationships. If there is nothing else, I think I have got to go. I have an important appointment with someone very important to me.

With that, Aaron left the room without turning back. This made Hebe look bad and feel embarrassed.

Wu Zhun: Hebe, I guess Aaron and you are really just friends. *Sighs* Looks like there is nothing interesting…

Hebe POV: I won’t be humiliated in this way….Aaron, you will regret choosing her over me.

Aaron ran around, searching blindly for Gui Gui.

Aaron: Gui Gui, where are you? Please be fine….

The company is now deserted and dark and he couldn’t find Gui Gui at all. Feeling disheartened, he slumps himself in a chair.

Suddenly, he received a message:

‘Meet me at your apartment-Gui Gui’

Without further ado, he left the office and rushed home.

Upon reaching home, he opens the door slowly…

‘SURPRISE!!!’ someone called out upon Aaron’s entry into the house. It’s Gui Gui, smiling at him.

Aaron was taken aback by this scene and he couldn’t understand why Gui Gui is acting like that.

Aaron: I….*rushes to Gui Gui* Gui Gui….

Without another word, he pulled Gui Gui into his embrace and hugged her tightly.

Aaron: I’m sorry. Where have you been…I had been so worried….

Gui Gui gave a small smile and signals Aaron to loosen his grip.

Gui Gui: Aaron…I have something to tell you.

Aaron: *frowns* Please don’t tell me that you are going to break up with me…

Gui Gui: *laughs* What makes you think so?!

Aaron: You are not?

Gui Gui: Well…I am not going to give up on a superstar….*smiles*

Aaron: *puzzled* Then what is it that you wanted to tell me?

Gui Gui: *solemn expression* I need to tell you something that you might not be able to accept or believe. Actually, I know that the incident today is going to happen.

Aaron: *frowns* What do you mean?
------------------------------------------------------------