Chapter 15

Premonition For Love

 

The Plan

Aaron sits on the sand as he looks at his master piece. He had arranged a date with Gui Gui at the beach where they first kissed and had decorated the place with candles and balloons.

Aaron: I bet you will like it. *smiles to himself*

He takes a quick glance at his watch only to find that Gui Gui is half an hour late. Aaron has a presentiment that something bad had happened to Gui Gui.

Aaron: I better call her now. *picks up his phone*

However, the ringing tone continues but no one answered the phone.

Aaron POV: Gui Gui, nothing must happen to you….

He keeps calling Gui Gui but to no avail and had decided to look for her at her house.

---Half an Hour Later---

Aaron: *rings the bell* Gui Gui! Gui Gui! Are you there?
However, no one answered the door. Just when Aaron was about to leave, he heard someone groaning painfully.

Aaron: Gui Gui! *turns around*

He bangs heavily on the door, hoping to burst it open but the door stood rooted to the ground, unaffected by Aaron’s actions.

Aaron peeks through the window only to find Gui Gui lying on the floor.

Aaron: Gui Gui!!! What happened to you?

Aaron picks up a stone from the floor and throws it at the window, hoping to shatter it. Once he succeeded, he unlocks the window from the inside and manages to climb through the window opening into Gui Gui’s apartment.

Aaron: Gui Gui! *dashes towards her* What happened? *picks her up*

Gui Gui: *mutters softly* I…I *pants*I… *pants heavily*

Aaron: Your asthma!

Without further ado, he picks her up and sends her to the hospital.

Aaron: Gui Gui! Hang in there!

---Hospital----

Doctor: The patient’s condition seemed to have aggravated over the past weeks. Had she been on medication ever since then?

Aaron: Yea, I believe she had been. I told her to take care of her health and I had arranged her to handle work that requires lesser effort.

Doctor: Well, then if that’s the case, her condition would have improved.

Aaron: What exactly would be the reason?

Doctor: Are you sure she had taken the medication?

Aaron: *hesitated* I have to confirm with her again…

Doctor: The patient’s fine. You can visit her now.

----In the ward---

Aaron steps closer to her bed and sits beside her.

Aaron: *holds her hand* Gui Gui.

Gui Gui opens her eyes slowly and lazily: Aaron….I…

Aaron: Your condition had aggravated. Have you been taking your medication?

Gui Gui: Yea…I did….

Aaron: Are you sure?

Gui Gui: Yea…I’m very sure. I take my medication every day. I even brought it to work…

Aaron: **hesitated* All right, I shall believe you for now. *Smiles* I’m sorry, I should have picked you up just now.

Gui Gui: It’s not your fault.

Aaron: I promise this would never happen ever again. *kisses her hand*

Gui Gui: *Smile* I know…don’t you have work tomorrow? You better get more rest.

Aaron: I want to stay here with you…. *smiles*

Gui Gui: Don’t….I don’t want you to look like a panda on the screen. After all, I’m the only colorful panda on the earth.

Aaron: Well, I don’t mind joining you. *smiles*

Gui Gui: *chuckles* Go back home to get some rest! I would be angry if you don’t.

Aaron: All right….

With great reluctance, he left the hospital.

Alone in the ward, Gui Gui’s smile faded immediately. She wonders when she would have the courage to say what she had planned to say tonight.

Gui Gui: Aaron….I’m sorry, I can’t let you go…it’s too hard to let you go…

---Gui Gui’s apartment----

Aaron stands in front of her house with the key to her apartment. He had taken the key earlier on when he attempted to save Gui Gui.

Aaron enters into her house, hoping to clear the mess he had created- the shattered glass pieces.

He walks around and search for the necessities and happens to find her asthma medicine lying on the floor.

Aaron: Looks like she really takes the medication. But why does the medication looks different from the one she had taken the first time?

He takes a closer look at the pill.

Aaron: This looks really weird….

Suspicious, he places the pills back to the bottle, determined to verify the identity of the pill.

Without further ado, he continues his job of cleaning up only to find another surprise lying on the coffee table. It’s Gui Gui’s master piece.

Aaron picks it up and takes a closer look: Silly girl. *chuckles*

---The next day---

Aaron looks at the pill with suspicion as he recalls what his physician friend says.

---Recall---

Physician Friend: This is just a normal vitamin C pill, not an asthmatic pill. You don’t happen to have mixed up the pills, have you?

Aaron: I…have no idea. So, eating this would have no effect on asthmatic condition?

Physician: Well, if you had been eating this instead of the pills to treat asthma, your condition would be aggravated.
Aaron: So…that’s what happened?

Physician: I don’t remember you having asthma?

Aaron: *Smiles* Yea…wasn’t me…

-----End of Recall----

Aaron: *sighs* silly girl must have accidentally mixed up the medication…

Just then, a thought strike Aaron.

Aaron: But…Gui Gui never takes Vitamin C supplements….she would then have no chance to mix up these pills…

Xiu: *walks towards Aaron* Aaron! What are doing here? You should be preparing for the next scene.

Aaron: Yea….I’m sorry. *smiles*

Xiu: *concerned* Are you all right?

Aaron: *forced smile* I’m fine. Thanks. Got to get prepared.

With that, Aaron proceeds to the make-up room.

---Outside the make-up room---

Just when Aaron is about to enter the room, he overheard a conversation.

---Conversation---

Eddie: So how’s your progress?

Hebe: Well, I guess it’s going on fine.

Eddie: I don’t think you have much time left.

Hebe: Well, I know what to do.

Eddie: I have extended a helping hand for you.

Hebe: You went to talk to her?

Eddie: In addition to that, I had made sure she wouldn’t have the strength or effort to compete with you.

Hebe: *suspicious* What have you done?

Eddie: I had…

Before Eddie could complete his sentence, someone compromised Aaron’s position.

Make-up artist: Aaron, what are you doing here? Let’s go in together. *Smiles*

With that, the make-up artist opens the door and was surprise to see Eddie and Hebe.

Make-up Artist: You guys are here too?

Just then, Aaron, Hebe and Eddie’s eyes met. The three of them looks at each other intensely, none of them willing to tear their sight from each other.

Aaron: I need to speak with the two of you, alone.
Upon hearing that, the make-up artist leaves the room voluntarily, leaving the three of them alone.
------------------------------------------------------------