Chapter 14

Premonition For Love

 

Resistance and Reluctance

Aaron stood up immediately and said calmly: That’s impossible.

Hebe: *widens her eyes* You want her to be here? You want to risk your career for her? Are you crazy?

Aaron: I am not crazy. What has my career got to do with our cooperation? What are you up to?

Hebe: I am not up to anything. I just hope she wouldn’t distract you from anything!

Aaron: She won’t! There is no need to chase her away!

Just then, Gui Gui stood up and interrupted the two of them.

Gui Gui: I am willing to accept Hebe’s point. I know I should not be disrupting your working life. I should go now.

Aaron: *held her back* Gui Gui, it’s not your fault. Hebe is just being unreasonable and paranoid.

Hebe: Aaron Yan!!! You better consider what you need to do! You have to be able to exclude all disrupting factors! Don’t you know your image and reputation is in jeopardy now?

Aaron: *calm* I know what to do. This has nothing got to do with you.

Hebe: You!

Their boss interrupted their argument: Stop it! Aaron, you MUST follow the orders. Gui Gui need to leave the team. If you don’t compromise, the company will terminate your contract and you will be charged for breaching the contract due to uncooperative

Xiu: *interrupts* Boss! You can’t do this!!

Gui Gui: *looks at Aaron in his eyes* Aaron, I know you want me to stay, wants me to be happy but you need to know that you being happy is as important to me! You need to fulfill your dreams and carry on. I don’t want to be your tripping stone and don’t worry about us; we will get together once your career is back on track. Trust me, trust us!

Aaron hesitated for a moment before saying: Gui Gui, I promise you, we will get together as soon as this is over. I won’t let you wait for long.

Gui Gui smiles at Aaron: I trust you. Thank you.

Hebe POV: You won’t have the chance to get back with Aaron.
Recording studio

Aaron enters the recording studio where Hebe is in the midst of recording her album.

Producer: Hey Aaron, nice to see you here! So, how have you been? I heard the news but I trust you more than I trust the paparazzi.

Aaron: *forced smile* Thanks. I had been fine. I like the duet you wrote.

Producer: Yea, specially written for you and Hebe and it fits the music video too. Everything’s perfect.
Aaron POV: Except for her…

Aaron still detests Hebe for her act of forcing Gui Gui to leave the production team for he finds no reason to do so.
Just then, Hebe called out: Hey Aaron! Let’s start the recording!

Aaron: *Sighs* Ready in Five.

He wonders how long would it be before he could see Gui Gui again. Today is definitely going to be a long one.
------------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui’s apartment

Pei Ci: Hey Gui Gui! What are you doing? *looks at the handicraft material on the table*

Gui Gui: It’s a secret! Anyway, don’t you have to work today?

Pei Ci: Aaron got to record a duet with Hebe for the entire day so the shooting of the series was arranged to be tomorrow.

Gui Gui: *softly* I see… *resumes her handicraft*

Pei Ci could not help but burst out asking: May I know what are you doing? I really wanna know!!! Is that for

Gui Gui: *interrupts* Yea that’s for Aaron. So nosy!

Pei Ci: So sweet!!!

Gui Gui: Tomorrow’s our first month anniversary and I am preparing something for him and this is strictly a surprise so don’t you tell anybody including your Xiu!

Pei Ci: *widens her eyes* What do you mean by MY Xiu? He isn’t mine!

Gui Gui: Not yet!!

Pei Ci rolls her eyes but smiled sweetly inside…

An hour later

Gui Gui: I have finally completed my major production!!! *admires her handicraft*

On her master piece, there are photos of her and Aaron and the sweet messages she had written for him.

Gui Gui: I bet he will be delighted *smiles*

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Gui Gui: Could it be Aaron?!

She quickly kept away her master piece by pushing them underneath the sofa before rushing to answer the door.

However, to her dismay, she found herself coming face to face with Aaron’s greatest enemy.

Gui Gui: *detest and disgusted* What are you doing here and how did you know my address?

Eddie: *smirks* Well that’s because, when I’m interested in something, I would definitely find out everything about it.

Gui Gui: I am not a thing! In addition, I don’t think you should be coming here because you are not welcomed at all! *slams the door*

Eddie: *stops the door* Well, I guess you have to invite me in. I can tell you something. *walks into Gui Gui’s apartment*

Gui Gui: *called out* I didn’t say I was interested!

Eddie: *sits on the sofa* I know you will be. It’s about Hebe and Aaron. Well, in case you don’t know, they are having a great time in the recording studio today and I guess that’s the kind of thing you are interested in.

Gui Gui: Do you think I would really believe in what you say? Fat hope.

Just then, Eddie saw the corner of Gui Gui’s master piece board and out of curiosity, he pulled out the board.

Gui Gui: Hey! That’s my stuff! *snatches it back from Eddie*

Eddie: How sweet. *points at the photo* When was this taken? Last month? Well, this isn’t sweet enough. Let me show you something.

Eddie takes out a stack of photos and throws them on the coffee table.

Unable to control her natural reflexes, Gui Gui takes a quick glance at the photos. To her bewilderment, those were photos of Aaron and Hebe and they seemed to be in bliss and happiness.

Trying to control her emotions and think rationally, Gui Gui calmly speaks: These were photos from the past. There is nothing between them at all.

Eddie: Is that so? Well, can you imagine, Aaron, the nice and handsome gentleman would fall in love with you deeply FOREVER and give up Hebe? Look at how happy he was, he loves her and if it was not for me, they wouldn’t have broken up and right now, since I’m not in the way, they could be together forever. If you really love him, let him go.

Gui Gui: *covers her ears* Stop it!!!! Can you just stop it?! *pushes Eddie to the door*

Upon seeing Gui Gui’s strong emotions, Eddie voluntarily leaves the house.

Eddie POV: Hebe, I guess you have won this round.

Gui Gui closes her eyes and lean against the door. She could not seem to get Eddie’s words out of her mind. She can’t seem to shut them off. Just then, her phone rang.

-----Phone conversation-----

Gui Gui: Yea?

Aaron: Gui Gui, are you all right? You sound like you are having flu.

Gui Gui: I’m fine.

Aaron: Well, do you have any idea what special day is it tomorrow?

Gui Gui: I…I know…

Aaron: Well, I had prepared something for you and I promise you will love it to the core.

Gui Gui: *half heartedly* Really?

Aaron: *Smiles* Of course! I will see you tomorrow at 7 30 all right?

Gui Gui: Great…I have something to tell you too…

Aaron: See you tomorrow. Bye darling. *smiles*

----End of phone conversation-----

Aaron: *Frowns and mutters* Gui Gui seems to be troubled by something. I must have been neglecting her ever since my cooperation with Hebe. I got to cheer her up tomorrow….
------------------------------------------------------------