Chapter 17

Premonition For Love

 

The Progression

Two days had passed and Aaron could not even find any trails related to Gui Gui. She seemed to have disappeared into thin air except for the only one email that she had sent to Aaron, reassuring him of her safety.

Pei Ci and Xiu did not know how to help Aaron as they, too, have no idea where Gui Gui could be.

---Aaron’s Apartment----

Pei Ci: Aaron, don’t be disheartened. I believe Gui Gui will come back soon. She would sort out her thoughts and come back to you.

Xiu: Yea, Pei Ci’s right. She will come back.

Aaron seemed to have lost several pounds since Gui Gui’s disappearance and he seemed to have no strength nor energy to even agree with Pei Ci and Xiu.

Aaron: *wears a ghastly look* Gui Gui….

Just then, Pei Ci’s phone rang.

----Phone Conversation----

Pei Ci: Hello?

Gui Gui: Pei Ci, it’s me, Gui Gui.

Pei Ci: *exclaims* Gui Gui?! *Aaron and Xiu brightened up*

Gui Gui: Is anyone beside you right now?

Pei Ci: *hesitated* No…I’m alone.

Gui Gui: *Relieved* I just wanted to tell you that I’m fine. How is Aaron?

Pei Ci: He is in a terrible state now. If you love him, please come back for him. What Eddie said were all lies. Aaron would never get together with Hebe!

Gui Gui: No….Aaron will soon realize the truth. He will soon realize that Hebe is the right one for him.

Pei Ci: Gui Gui, please don’t say that. You don’t know how disheartened Aaron is right now. He doesn’t eat nor sleep, doesn’t go to work nor sing. You have to come back!! Where are you now?

Gui Gui: I can’t tell you. Pei Ci, can you promise me to look after him?

Pei Ci: I can’t!!! No one could ever replace you! Don’t you understand? I plead of you, come back!!

Gui Gui: *Sobs* I can’t…I’m sorry!

----End of conversation----

With that, Gui Gui hung up the phone.

Aaron grabbed hold of Pei Ci, anxious to know the conversation details.

Aaron: What did she say? Where is she now?

Pei Ci: I’m sorry Aaron, she doesn’t want to tell.

Xiu: I believe she will call again.

Aaron: *exclaims* I can’t wait for her to call again!! I know…I know someone who will know her whereabouts…..

With that, Aaron tries to stand up but he is too weak to stand on his own. He soon collapses back to the sofa.

Xiu and Pei Ci were taken aback by Aaron’s sudden movement and they both rushed forward to help him.

Xiu: Are you all right?

Aaron: *Weakly* I’m…fine.

Pei Ci: You haven eaten anything nutritious for the past few days! Let me get you some porridge!

With that, Pei Ci left the house hurriedly.

Xiu: Aaron, I know you are worried and concern about Gui Gui but you have to take care of yourself.

Aaron: I know. Get me a glass of water please.

Xiu: Okay, be right back. *head to the kitchen*

---Few minutes later----

Xiu: Aaron, your drink. *heads back to living room* Aaron? Aaron?

Searching from the living room to the washroom, Xiu could not find Aaron. Knowing that Aaron must have slipped out without his notice, Xiu cursed himself for being so careless.

Xiu: *sighs* I should have known you well enough…

---Eddie’s apartment---

Eddie: I’m sorry; I don’t know what you are talking about

Aaron: You are faking it! *barely able to stand*

Eddie: Look at you! You could barely stand! Is she worth it? The superstar Aaron Yan skipped two days of work for her and could barely stand properly! You must have skipped everything including your meals. *smirks*

Aaron: Laugh all you can. Gloat all you want. Just tell me her whereabouts. I will give you anything.

Eddie: *raises an eyebrow* Looks like you are serious. What could you give me?

Aaron: Anything, any endorsement, any series, anything in the world.

Eddie: What if I tell you, I want everything you have?
Aaron: *stares intensely at Eddie* Everything except Gui Gui.

Eddie was taken aback by Aaron’s words. He did not expect Aaron would give him everything just to know Gui Gui’s whereabouts.

Eddie: You aren’t playing tricks. I can tell. But I’m not in the mood right now.

Aaron: *anger rising* You better start talking!

Eddie: Upon seeing your pitiful state, I can’t help but want to see more of it.

Without another word, Aaron attempts to throw a punch at Eddie who managed to block his attack.

Eddie: *shakes his head* Not this time. I still feel the pain from the previous punch and I’m not going to take that from you again.

Aaron: You hold grudges deeply. Fine. Punch me back. If that’s what you want.

However, before Eddie could reply or react, Aaron suddenly fainted and collapsed onto the floor.

Eddie: *smirks* Looks like I got to call someone now.
------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later

Hebe: Could you not be so hard on him?

Eddie: *scoffs* Count yourself lucky for seeing him in one piece.

Hebe: *rolls her eyes* Aaron….Aaron… *attempts to wake him up*

Eddie: Don’t wake him up yet. Don’t you think he will be suspicious if he sees you in my apartment? We are supposed to be rivals now.

Hebe: You don’t want to handle him yourself so you called me up to take him away. Isn’t it simple?

Eddie: Fine.

Aaron lies on the sofa, mumbling softly: Gui Gui….

Eddie: *scoffs* He doesn’t even care about you. Give up on your plan.

Hebe: Easy for you to say. You have succeeded but I’m still progressing.

Eddie: I have not totally succeeded. Well, the company still harbors hope and trust for him but what I want is him to be out of this industry completely.

Hebe: I don’t care about your plan. By the way, you really know about Gui Gui’s whereabouts?

Eddie: Of course. She pleaded me to find a place for her to stay.

Hebe: In one of your properties?

Eddie: Yea.

Hebe walks towards Eddie: *suspicious* Why are you being so nice to her?

Eddie: Why are you looking at me in this way?

Hebe: You like her.

Eddie: No I don’t. I’m only INTERESTED in her. That’s a big difference.

Hebe: Well wouldn’t snatching her from Aaron complete your plan of revenge?

Eddie: That’s an excellent idea. I will work on it. Thanks. *holds up his wine glass*

Hebe: *holds up her wine glass* Welcome. *smiles*

Without the notice of the two of them, Aaron clenches his fist tightly in anger. Having overheard the entire conversation, Aaron is determined to destroy their plan……….

------------------------------------------------------------