Chapter 16

Premonition For Love

 

Departure

---Make-up Room---

Aaron: *agitated* It was you *points to Eddie* You swopped Gui Gui’s medicine!

Eddie: *raises his hands* This has nothing got to do with me. Don’t frame me. *smirks*

Aaron: You swopped her medicine for Vitamin C supplements. Don’t you have conscience?!

Eddie: *smirks* So what if I had done it? So what if I don’t have conscience?

Aaron: *frowns* How could you say that? *throws a punch at Eddie*

Hebe: Aaron!

Eddie: *touches the edge of his lips* I didn’t know you could punch so well. I could sue you for intentionally injury.

Aaron: Shut up! You have no right to say so!

Hebe: Aaron! Stop it! He could really sue you!

Aaron: The two of you are in cahoots! Why are you guys doing this? What good would it do for you?

Eddie: *glares at Aaron* You of all people should know why I’m doing this! You of all people should be held the full responsibility. Don’t you know?

Aaron: I know you are back for revenge. I know you want me to lose to you in all ways but can you please leave Gui Gui out of these?

Eddie: No! Only the use of her could make you feel hurt. Only hurting her would make you feel irrational and helpless. You are nothing without her! NOTHING!

Just then, before anyone knew, someone gave Eddie a tight slap on his smirking cheek. It’s Hebe.

Hebe: *tears well up her eyes* Don’t you dare say these! You have no right to say these! 

Aaron and Eddie were taken aback by Hebe’s sudden twist of agenda.

Hebe: Aaron, I had no idea what Eddie had been doing behind my back! I didn’t know he could be so hurtful and despicable! Trust me.

Eddie: Hebe Tien! How dare you betray me, betray us? I was helping you!

Hebe: You weren’t! You were helping yourself! You are a selfish bum who knows nothing about love!

Aaron could not decide what to believe. He has no idea if Hebe was speaking the truth. He has no idea if Eddie was alone in all these acts. He all the more has no idea what to do next. He had been so bent on confronting the two of them the moment he steps into this room but now, he has no plan of what to do next. He is lost.

Eddie: Hebe Tien! You will pay for this! *attempts to slap her in the face*

Aaron: *Takes a strong grip on Eddie’s wrist* Stop it! Leave now! Before I pursue these matters!

Eddie: *absurd* You will pay for this too!!

With that, he left the room angrily without turning back.
Upon Eddie’s departure from the room, Hebe collapses onto the floor, sobbing.

Hebe: I’m sorry, Aaron! I didn’t know Eddie was going to do that! I didn’t know Gui Gui would be harmed in this way! I just wanted her to know you are mine. I didn’t plan all of these! *holds onto Aaron’s hand*

Aaron: *frowns and sighs* You shouldn’t even have started these. After all, you did try to chase Gui Gui out of the production team. You did try to tear us apart. Hebe, this isn’t you.

Hebe: I’m really sorry. *hugs Aaron*

Aaron: I know… Everything’s over. *Smiles*

Aaron felt a wave of relief sweeps over him as he realizes that the biggest obstacle between him and Gui Gui is finally overcame. He couldn’t feel happier.

Aaron: I will send you home right now. Don’t worry about the production, Xiu will explain everything for us.

With that, he sends Hebe home for her to get sufficient rest. Almost immediately after sending Hebe home, Aaron rushes to the hospital, bursting to tell Gui Gui about everything that had happened today.

---Hospital----

Aaron pushes open the door to Gui Gui’s ward excitedly only to find an empty room welcoming him.

Aaron: Gui Gui! Gui Gui!

Doctor: Mr. Yan? You are here for your girlfriend?

Aaron: *turns* Doctor? Do you have any idea where she is?
Doctor: She insisted on being discharged today and upon seeing that her condition had stabilized, we approved her request.

Aaron: Did anyone pick her up?

Doctor: I’m afraid not.

Aaron: Thanks, doctor.

With that, Aaron rushes with all his might to Gui Gui’s apartment.

---Gui Gui’s Apartment---

Aaron: Gui Gui! *presses the bell* Gui Gui!

No one answered his door.

Aaron: I nearly forgot I have the key to her house!

With that, Aaron lets himself into Gui Gui’s apartment only to once again, find an empty living room greeting him.

Aaron: Gui Gui?

Just then, Aaron notices something unfamiliar lying on the coffee table. It’s a letter.

With great curiosity and a presentiment, Aaron picks up the letter and unfolds it.

-----Letter-----

Hi, my gay superstar boyfriend, I’m sorry. I’m sorry to have left without a notice. I’m sorry to have made you worried. I’m sorry that I had no courage to face you yet. I have to leave. I know this is a very cowardly act but forgive me, I have to do it. I can’t bring myself to face the fact that the two of us comes from totally different worlds and that we could never be together. You would soon come to realize that I’m just a normal passer-by who doesn’t have the courage to bid farewell to you. I know you would scold me for being silly but let’s face the truth, we are not a pair. I thank you for letting me be part of your world. I thank you for letting me stay with you throughout. I thank you for calling me a colorful panda, a rainbow girl, a silly girl and a clumsy uncoordinated fellow. I know I would cry in front of you if I were to face you directly. I just hope that you could be as happy as you were before and would remember me as a rainbow girl forever. Please grant my selfish wish and don’t ever try to find me.

Love,

Gui Gui

----End of Letter----

Aaron could not control the tears that came rolling down his cheeks nor could he control the pain that is piercing through his throbbing heart. Aaron has got a thousand, a million questions he would want to ask but he just seems to have no idea where he could find Gui Gui.

Aaron: Why….why leave me when we could be together forever….why leave me when I needed you most? Gui Gui, why give up so soon? *sobs*

---Hebe’s Apartment---

Three sound claps could be heard as they echo through the room.

Hebe: Cut the crap. How is it?

Eddie: I just didn’t realize you could act that well. As for the grand task you asked me to carry out, I had perfected it.

Hebe: Perfected it?

Eddie: I had recorded the touching scene of Aaron hugging you back there in the make-up room. The best part is; I had shown it to her.

Hebe: I’m amazed.

Eddie: That silly girl discharged from the hospital right after she sees the video. Well, I took the liberty of consoling her after showing her the video. I hope you don’t mind.

Hebe: *Smirks* So long as she disappears.

Eddie: You know what? I know exactly where she is right now. I’m the only one who knows. *Smirks*

Hebe: Don’t bother to tell me. I have no interest.

Eddie: Fine. *shrugs* How’s your Aaron holding up?

Hebe: Speaking of him, I guess he would be here anytime. I’m in his circle of trust now and I bet that he would come asking for my help to look for Gui Gui.

Eddie: Confidence.

Hebe: That’s what I’m made up of.

Eddie: Fine. So long I get my revenge.
------------------------------------------------------------