Chapter 6

Premonition For Love

 

The Labyrinthine relationship

Just when that guy was going to pull the helpless Gui Gui away, Aaron took action.

Aaron grabbed Gui Gui’s hand: Let her go. I know her.
------------------------------------------------------------

The guy sighs knowingly: Aaron, Aaron, I knew you would come to her rescue. Ah...The man as the savior, very you. Interesting isn’t it?

With that, he loosens the grip on Gui Gui’s arm.

Aaron: I suppose there is no need to rank up the past. So, it’s you, right? The new actor, Eddie Peng? The good friend of me and Hebe? *speaks coldly*

Eddie: Well, I must say…you have not changed a bit. Still the calm and composed you.

Gui Gui POV: Since when did I see him calm?

Aaron: Whatever you say.

With that, he walks away, pulling Gui Gui along with him as he had never, for a moment, loosen his grip on her wrist.
Gui Gui exclaims softly in surprise as she was being pulled away by Aaron.

Eddie POV: That’s very interesting, Aaron Yan. I have lost to you a few years ago. I have lost everything to you and now, I’m going to get back everything that’s supposed to be mine. But first, I need to find out what’s most important to you now…
------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron dragged Gui Gui all the way back to the SUV and looks at her suspiciously.

Gui Gui: *guilty* What are you looking at?

Aaron: Why were you there? Taking photos? You are not permitted to do that.

Gui Gui: Who gives you the permission to permit me to take photos?!

Aaron: So, you were really taking photos then?

Gui Gui was dumbstruck: You are so sly!

Aaron: That’s what I call wise, not sly. Anyway, *stretch out his hand* give it to me.

Gui Gui: What? *feign ignorance*

Without asking, Aaron grabs the camera that hangs around Gui Gui’s neck.

Surprised, Gui Gui struggles and attempts to ‘save’ her camera from Aaron’s grip. Aaron did not budge as he tightens his grip on the camera.

Aaron: *Argues* Just a look! I just want to take a look!

Gui Gui: Who knows if you are going to delete the photos! These are my hardship!

Aaron: *retorts* Who knows if you have made me look ugly!

Gui Gui: *sarcastic* If you are ugly, I can’t help!

Aaron and Gui Gui continues to struggle, hoping to get hold of the camera. In the process of struggling, they have not realized how close in proximity to each other were they getting. At one distinct moment, the two of them look up and stare at each other in the eye, finally noticing that they were just a breath away.

Awkwardness that had never occurred between them is now hanging heavily in the air that surrounds them.

Aaron clears his throat nervously: *let go of the camera* I don’t care. Delete these photos. I don’t want any of these published and rest assure, if you do so, I will know it!

With that, he turns and walks away.

Gui Gui POV: Gosh! What was all that about?!

She could feel her heart pounding against her ribs and the same asphyxiating feeling she got when Aaron hugged her (the first time they met).

Gui Gui: What’s the matter with him?!

Aaron walks as fast as he could and he walks past Xiu without noticing.

Xiu: Hey brother! Why are you in such a hurry? You didn’t have lunch, did you?

Aaron stops abruptly upon being called: I…I was somewhere..

Xiu scrutinizes Aaron slowly: Why are you so...

Aaron: *interrupts abruptly*I’m absolutely fine.

Xiu: Oh…all right. Anyways, you know Eddie is the new actor in this series?

Aaron: *nodded* Yea. I met him just now.

Xiu: So that’s why you are acting weirdly.

Aaron: Well…Yea…

Xiu: I wonder what he’s up to now.

Aaron: Don’t know, don’t care.

Xiu: But…you know he must have something up his sleeve. Look at him. He’s not the same old Eddie you knew. He had changed. After what he had done…

Aaron: Xiu, it’s all right. What’s done is done. I have no say in it. Thanks.

With that, Aaron walks away.

Gui Gui had heard their conversation and is puzzled and curious as to what had happened in the past. There are like a million questions in her that could make her burst.

Gui Gui couldn’t figure out the eccentric changes in Aaron’s behavior and the expression he has. His eyes tell a different story when he is alone as compared to when he is with Gui Gui.

Gui Gui POV: Which is the real you?

She walks towards Xiu and asks a question she would never expect herself to ask.

Xiu: Hey Gui Gui, what’s up? *smiles*

This time, Gui Gui was not mesmerized by his smile. She is too determined to notice anything else.

Gui Gui: Xiu, can you tell me, what happened between Aaron, Hebe and Eddie?

At this instant, Xiu’s smile faded and the doleful look on his face tells Gui Gui that Aaron’s past seems to be a dolorous one….

---Later that night----

Gui Gui took a quick glance at her watch.

Gui Gui: Gosh! I’m going to be late!

She rushed along the street that is dimly lit by the lonely street lamps. Just then, she saw a figure from afar and she knew right away that it is Xiu.

Xiu had promised to answer Gui Gui’s question after she promised not to let a third party know, including Aaron.

Gui Gui could feel the curiosity reignited in her as she rushes towards Xiu, dying to know the answer to her question.

Gui Gui: *panting* Sorry I’m late!

Xiu gave a small nod and smiled: I don’t mind. You can catch your breath first.

Gui Gui shook her head: No, *pants* I really want to know…Please, Xiu.

Xiu: Gui Gui, can I ask you something first?

Gui Gui: Yea?

Xiu: Why are you so curious about Aaron’s past. Are you…

Gui Gui widens her eyes: No I’m not interested in him! It’s just the medley of expressions and attitude that he’s holding is bothering me and I thought if I were to know the truth, I would be more forgiving to his weird cycle of attitudes.

Xiu: And you would not argue with him that often?

Gui Gui nods sincerely: Yea of course. I don’t want to fight with him all day. I hope we could be friends, just like you and him.

Xiu: Gui Gui, I have to be honest with you. We are more than friends. Me and Aaron are cousins.

Gui Gui: *bewilderment* You are not…

Xiu: *smiles* I’m not kidding.

Gui Gui: Okay, this is a little hard to digest.

Xiu: If you think this is hard to accept, wait till you hear his past.

Gui Gui: All right, let’s get to the main point.

Xiu: *Sighs* I never thought I would do this. *takes a deep breath before sighing* Five years ago, Aaron had just entered the industry and he met Eddie. Eddie was also a greenhorn in this industry and the both of them hit it off upon the first encounter on a variety show. Since then, me, Aaron, and Eddie were best friends and buddy and we share almost everything. However, after a year, Eddie was offered a male lead in a series and he was thrilled and excited about that. Me and Aaron were happy for him but things didn’t turn out as we had expected. Eddie got into an accident and has to be hospitalized for a month. The production team couldn’t wait and they looked for a replacement. That replacement turns out to be Aaron. He rejected the offer in the first place but because of the need for money in order to support her only sister to enter into a prestigious university, Aaron had got no choice but to replace Eddie. Since then, Aaron became popular and he started recording albums and shooting commercial. However, as you would have guessed, Eddie wasn’t in a congratulating mood when he knew Aaron took his part in the series. After all, the part belongs to Eddie but what Eddie further assumes is that, the success that Aaron has also belongs to him. But that’s not the case! Aaron tries his best in everything and when he first started out shooting the series, he was scolded and humiliated. He tides through everything and Eddie claims that he had a smooth sail to success.

Gui Gui: How about Hebe?

Xiu: Hebe and Aaron met when they were shooting a commercial together. The both of them were attracted by each other as they first met and they soon became an item. However, it wasn’t that easy for Aaron to have both career and love. One year ago, on Aaron’s birthday, he discovered an ugly truth that he would never want to know. Hebe was two-timing Aaron. Hebe actually knew Eddie even before she knows Aaron and Hebe was only getting close to Aaron because of Eddie!

Gui Gui was astounded by the truth. It is indeed too ugly for anyone to know.

Gui Gui: Why did he do that?!

Xiu: Revenge. Eventually, Aaron broke up with Hebe and had never been in a relationship ever since then. He was hurt deeply and harbors a wound that can never be healed.

Gui Gui POV: He had such a past…a dreadful one. I shouldn’t have stereotyped him as a useless gay superstar.

Guilt overpowers Gui Gui and the sympathy she has for Aaron is greater than she has for anyone.

Suddenly, Gui Gui could feel a throbbing headache and a sharp pain at the back of her head. Her premonition came again, at an inappropriate timing.

Gui Gui exclaims in pain as she struggles with the stabbing pain.

Xiu was taken aback by her sudden actions and he grabs hold of her tightly, cushioning her fall.

Gui Gui collapse into Xiu as she sees multiple images flashing in her mind.

Gui Gui: *mumbles* Gosh….no…no…no!!!

With that, she loses consciousness and collapsed.

Xiu: Gui Gui! Gui Gui!

Xiu quickly sends her to the hospital.

Xiu: Gui Gui, nothing must happen to you…
------------------------------------------------------------