Chapter 8

Premonition For Love

 

Melioration

Hospital Ward

Aaron sat by her bed and watches her as she sleeps. Harboring million questions and guilt, he quietly stay through the night with her, breathing in every breath as slowly as her, trying not to disrupt the peaceful sleep that she is having.

Just then, she stirred and opens her eyes slightly. She seems to be very tired.

Aaron: *softly but clearly* How are you, rainbow girl?

Gui Gui gave a small smile: Must you address me with that term right now?

Aaron: *smiles* It’s a habit that’s hard to kick.

The both of them smile and look at each other in the eye. For a moment, there is no bickering, no arguments, no frustration and detest. It seems like they could be friends for once.

Aaron was the first to break the silence.

Aaron: Thank you…for being my savior and…my cushion. *smiles*

Gui Gui: No problem. It seems like saving you has already become my habit.

Aaron: *smiles* But how did you know I was in trouble? I thought you were in the hospital?

Gui Gui did not know how to respond to this question. She knows there would be no perfect answer that could make her look the least suspicious.

Gui Gui POV: Should I tell him the truth? But…

Just when Gui Gui was pondering over the question, Aaron’s phone rang.

---Phone conversation----

Aaron: Aaron here.

Xiu: Aaron, I’m Xiu. I’m at the office now. Is Gui Gui all right?

Aaron: Yea she’s … *thought of her asthma* fine….

Xiu: Sorry I had to rush back to the office.

Aaron: What happened?

Xiu: It’s Eddie. Your assistant quit earlier this evening and went over to help Eddie. It must be him.

Aaron: *Sighs* You can’t get her back?

Xiu: No…I’m sorry. I tried but…

Aaron: It’s ok. We will find a way out.

With that, the both of them ended the conversation.

Gui Gui: * Worrisome look* What happened?

Aaron: Nothing serious. Just something at work, that’s all.

Just then, an idea strikes Aaron.

Aaron: Rainbow girl. I don’t like to owe others. From tomorrow onwards, you will be promoted to be my private assistant. This is my way of showing my appreciation.

Gui Gui: *Widens her eyes* Hang on…why do I feel that private assistant would have much more work to do?

Aaron: *Smirk* Well, you can stick to your current small assistant post and get scolded and bossed around by others, pouring drinks and carrying large bags. These chores would not be done by a private assistant.

Gui Gui: *excited* Are you serious?! I don’t need to pour tea for the director? *Aaron shook his head* No need to ask permission to go to the washroom? *Aaron shook his head*
Aaron: What? You need to ask permission to go to the washroom?!

Gui Gui gave a silly laugh: Just kidding.

Aaron: *sarcastic* That’s hilarious.

With that, Aaron stood up.

Aaron: Anyway, report to work as soon as you are discharged. Get yourself some rest before starting work. I don’t want to see a sick colorful panda walking around.

Gui Gui: *smiles* All right! *pauses and thinks* Hey wait, is there such a thing as colorful panda?

Aaron replies before leaving the room: You are the extinct one…
------------------------------------------------------------

---Next Day---

Aaron: Hey Xiu. How is it going?

Xiu: Other than the assistant trouble? Nope, not yet.

Aaron: I got myself a private assistant.

Xiu: *Widens his eyes * that is really efficient! Who is it?

Aaron: Rainbow girl.

Xiu: Gui Gui?! Then who is going to take over her job?

Aaron: *smirks* that, is your problem. *laughs*

Xiu: *sighs and smirks* Idiot Aaron.

---At the Shooting Scene----

An apartment

Aaron sits on a couch comfortably, holding his script while getting ready for the next scene with Hebe.

Just then, a cup of mocha is being placed on the desk by an anonymous individual and this makes Aaron puzzled. No one in the production team had given him mocha before. It was usually coffee, if not, plain water.

However, within seconds, the truth is revealed.

Gui Gui: Hey superstar, how is it? Getting ready for the next scene?

Aaron: *puzzled* Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be resting in the hospital?

Gui Gui: I’m fine. When I am fine, I cannot rest. It’s my nature- my hardworking part.

Aaron: *skeptical* All right. Why mocha? *points to the drink*

Gui Gui: My favorite.

Aaron: But not mine.

Gui Gui: It will soon be… *stands up and walks towards Xiu*
Aaron rolls his eyes and continues reading his script while smiling.

Gui Gui: Hey Xiu!

Xiu: *smiles* How have you been?

Gui Gui: I’m perfectly fine! But you seem busy and lethargic.

Xiu: Yea. You have no idea how tired I am. *sighs* I really need an assistant myself. *laugh*

Gui Gui: Hang on, are you serious?

Xiu: Yea of course! You can see color draining from my face already!

Gui Gui: I have someone in mind. Your savior will come tomorrow. *winks*

Xiu: *smiles* Thanks Gui Gui!

---At a corner----

She is looking at her, harboring a dozen questions in her mind. She wonders why Gui Gui seems more popular than her and most importantly, why is Gui Gui able to make Aaron smile and laugh and make Xiu relief and happy?

Hebe POV: Hebe Tien, in what way are you worth less than her?

Hebe couldn’t help but feel helpless and jealous. Of all emotions, she felt guilt and regret stronger. If she had not lied to Aaron, she would now be his true and only love. If she had not given up on Aaron, she would be right beside him right now. If she had not trusted Eddie so much, she would not be alone till now.

Hebe POV: What can I do to win you back?

----Later that evening----

Director: All right! Let’s take an hour break to have dinner before we shoot the last scene of the day! I need to eat!!

Everyone in the setting laughed before hurrying off to the table where packets of food were placed.

Aaron: *Walks to Xiu* Hey, have you seen the rainbow girl?
Xiu: *thinks* Hmm…she was here just now…

Aaron: *shrugs* Must be skiving somewhere. Wait till I see her…

-----In one of the room in the apartment----

She speaks slowly: I’m sorry to pull you away from the crowd. I have some questions…

Gui Gui was puzzled. She has no idea why Hebe would ask to speak to her in private. After all, the difference in their social status is enough to keep them a hundred meters apart.

Hebe: Gui Gui right? Are you close to Aaron?

Gui Gui’s heart skipped a beat. Somehow, she knew what is going to come alongside with this question and she self-reproach not having a premonition about this.

Gui Gui: Hebe, have you mistaken anything?

Hebe: I am a straightforward person. I have to ask you this- do you like Aaron?

Gui Gui gave a smile laugh: No…that’s silly. I would be of no status to like a superstar like him!

Hebe: *Skeptical* But you seems to enjoy his company. He too, seems to be different when he is with you.

Gui Gui was astounded by her comment: I…we are just friends or…not even friends! I don’t know…sometimes we argue and detest each other!

Hebe turned and frowned. Somehow, she could not bring herself in believing Gui Gui. It’s basic women’s instinct that she could not fight. Somehow, she knew it wouldn’t be that simple. Nevertheless, she would have to take her words as the truth and continue observing them. After all, she didn’t want to be unreasonable.

Hebe: *smiles* Thank you Gui Gui. I believe you.

With that, she left the room, leaving Gui Gui standing alone in the room, puzzled.

Just when Gui Gui was about to leave the room, Aaron came in.

Aaron: What are you doing in the room alone?

Gui Gui: I wasn’t alone. You didn’t see…

Aaron: See who? Who was I suppose to look out for?*puzzled*

Gui Gui: *hesitant* Nothing…actually. Why are you here?

Aaron walks towards Gui Gui and grabs hold of her right hand. Gui Gui’s heart skipped a beat upon being approached in this manner.

Aaron: *hands her an object* Take this and you will have no reason to skive.

Gui Gui: An inhaler for asthma? *surprised* How did you know…

Aaron: When you were hospitalized.

Gui Gui: I…it’s not that serious

Aaron interrupts: You have to monitor your condition or it will worsen.

Gui Gui: But I…

Aaron: No more excuses. Remember to use it when you are feeling unwell and please go back for checkups and monitor your condition closely. I don’t want to lose another assistant.

Gui Gui: Thanks…I didn’t know you…

Aaron helps her complete her sentence: You didn’t know a gay could be that good right?

At that moment, the both of them laughed.

However, Hebe did not enjoy the moment as much as the two of them.

Hebe POV: Gui Gui…I know you likes him....Aaron, how could you forget how you have laughed with me too?
------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! sorry for the MIA yesterday. was really busy. lol