Chapter 13

Premonition For Love

 

Devil’s helping hand

Gui Gui: *solemn expression* I need to tell you something that you might not be able to accept or believe. Actually, I know that the incident today is going to happen.

Aaron: *frowns* What do you mean?

Upon seeing Gui Gui’s solemn expression, Aaron could sense something serious coming. However, he had no idea what would be Gui Gui’s answer and he unwillingly allows his mind to stray to the thought of Gui Gui wanting to break up with him.

Without waiting for Gui Gui’s answer, Aaron blurted out: Sorry Gui Gui! I did not have any idea about what had happened today! It was purely just coincidental and I’m sorry I did not look for you right after the show as I had an interview with the famous editor. I wanted to reject that offer but I would then put Xiu in a difficult position. I

Gui Gui interrupted Aaron abruptly with a kiss on his lips.

Gui Gui: I know, I know. *smiles* Didn’t I told you I already knew what’s going to happen today?

Aaron: *Frowns* Why? What do you mean?

Gui Gui: I have premonition powers.

Aaron was totally taken aback by this news. He wasn’t even sure if he had heard her right.

Aaron: What? Pre….Premonition powers?

Gui Gui: *frowns a little* I’m sorry I kept it from you all along. No one knows about this. I have the ability to see the future. Well, without my control, actually. Most of the time, I have to save the people I see in my premonition. I saw you…even before I knew you. Remember our first encounter? I knew Joe was going to hurt you, that’s why I dashed into your room. Remember the accident you nearly had? I rushed from the hospital to save you. I would see flashes of images about these images and these are what I call my premonition.

Aaron was too stunned for words. He did not know if he had the ability to digest each and every word that Gui Gui had spoken and he definitely is not sure if he could take all of these into his brain.

Aaron: So….you had seen today before? You knew…this was going to happen?

Gui Gui: Yea…..I do not have any means to stop it. I wanted to….but I couldn’t. I would disrupt everything; I can’t rush into the setting in time. When I was there, Hebe had already kissed you. I wanted to pull her away and tell her ‘Keep away from my boyfriend!’ but I couldn’t. I wanted to stop you from going to the interview because I don’t want Hebe to be near you but I couldn’t. I wanted to call you and tell you I’m fine but I knew you would dash to me and jeopardize the interview, the chance to greater fame. So I couldn’t. I feel so useless, so helpless and…

Tears start to roll down her cheeks as she speaks. Gui Gui had promised herself not to cry in front of Aaron, not to divulge any of her secrets, not to make him worry but she had breached all of her promises and now she felt even weaker as she faces Aaron.

Gui Gui: *Sobs* I’m….I’m sorry….I am so weak…I couldn’t even…

Aaron: *Looks at Gui Gui in the eyes* Gui Gui…..*pulls her into his embrace* I’m sorry!! Don’t leave me…don’t ever leave me alone again……I can’t breathe when I don’t see you, I can’t speak when I don’t hear you, I can’t think when I don’t sense you, I can’t live when you are not around. Please, when I was trying to find you but can’t, I do not know what to do! I wasn’t logical, wasn’t rational, and wasn’t composed. I was nothing without you!

Gui Gui was astounded by Aaron’s words. She could not imagine this could happen. She was almost so sure that Aaron would be mad at her for her jealousy and her absence without a note. She is so touched by his words right now; she could again feel his presence.

The both of them held each other tightly in their embrace and they wish they would never have to let go of each other, not even once in their life….

----The next day---

Aaron woke up lazily and he looks at the ceiling while smiling sheepishly. He could remember what happened yesterday and he seemed to be in a sweet daze ever since Gui Gui left. There he is, deeply in love. He could remember the kiss he had with Gui Gui, the promises they had with each other about not parting anymore.

Just then, his phone rang.

----Phone conversation---
Aaron picks up the phone reluctantly.

Aaron: Aaron here.

Xiu: Hey Aaron, something’s up. The company wants to see you now.

Aaron: *Frowns* See you in an hour.

----End of Phone conversation----
Office

Aaron steps into the meeting room only to come face to face with Xiu, Hebe, Gui Gui, the director, and the boss.

Aaron: Morning. *takes a seat*

Boss: Aaron, I heard about your interview yesterday. What you did had totally ruined our company’s reputation. You had jeopardized the interview.

Aaron: I’m sorry boss. I didn’t know it would be that serious. I’m willing to shoulder any responsibilities that come along with my outrageous act.

Director: Aaron, your performance in the series had been excellent and I would never ask for anyone to replace you.

Aaron: Director, you mean…

Boss: Yea, I am going to replace you. You should not take on any job assignments from now on.

Xiu and Gui Gui: Boss! Please!

Xiu: Boss, this isn’t totally Aaron’s fault! Aaron knows he is in the wrong already. Could you please forgive him!

Boss: I wanted to but I don’t know why….the incident with the editor had been leaked to the public and everyone is angry about the fact that Aaron and Hebe is not an item! I have no choice but to stop Aaron’s programs right now. The fans thought he had broken up with Hebe and they were all blaming him!

Xiu: What?! Aaron had done nothing but left the interview early!

Director: And deny the relationship with Hebe

Xiu: Which is the fact!!

Boss: Look, Aaron, you know how it works in this industry. You know what the fans want. They want you guys to be an item. Even if you guys aren’t an item, don’t deny it flat! I don’t know what went wrong with you. Some of the fans seemed to have spread the news saying that you are a flirtatious man who dumped Hebe. I don’t care if it’s rumor or truth but this had serious impact on your image!

Xiu: Aaron, say something!!!

Aaron: *calm* I have nothing to say but I am willing to accept this punishment.

Gui Gui: Aaron!! You shouldn’t! Boss, this is my entire fault! Aaron

Just then, Hebe interrupted Gui Gui for she did not want the others to know about Aaron and Gui Gui.

Hebe: Boss, do you want to solve this problem?

Boss: What are you talking about? I have already came out with this solution.

Hebe: I’m sorry but I have to be frank. A solution is one that can rebuild Aaron’s status and image. I happen to have one.

Boss: *curious* What is it?

Hebe: Since the fans likes the ‘Bebu’ matching, then we will give them that matching. Not only should we continue filming the series, we should hold a press conference to clarify this incident. I will be there to help with that. In addition, my new album will be out soon and I suggest that Aaron should be featured in my music video. Release these news immediately and the problems will be solved within three days.

Upon hearing these, the boss nodded in agreement.

Boss: All right. That’s a good idea.

Hebe: I have a condition.

Boss: What is it?

Hebe: I want her *points to Gui Gui* to be out of the production team!
------------------------------------------------------------