Chapter 4

Premonition For Love

 

Apologies

Gui Gui slams the door shut right after she enters the room. She simply can’t find an effective way to vent her anger. Her sister, Pets (Zeng Pei Ci) had noticed the obvious venting of frustration by Gui Gui but she hadn’t seen such a huge reaction from Gui Gui in a long time.

Gui Gui slumps herself in her bed and looks at her sister. To be exact, her stepsister.

Gui Gui: I’m so angry!

Pei Ci: What’s wrong? Well, obviously something is wrong but why the big reaction? You are usually pretty…er….accepting to the surrounding circumstances.

Gui Gui: Well but this time it’s just too much!!!

Pei Ci: *Shrugs and sits up straight* Well, I’m all ears.

*Smiles*

---Half an hour later----

Pei Ci exclaims loudly in excitement: Are you serious?! You are going to

Gui Gui completes the sentence for her: Hell

Pei Ci: Come on! It’s not that bad right? You got to be near him, the prince of all people, Aaron Yan!

Gui Gui: He ain’t that good all right? He…is so Gay!

Pei Ci laughs out hysterically: Gui Gui, come on, surely you are a tiny winy bit happy? Excited?

Gui Gui rolls her eyes: Yea I’m so exhilarated, so glad that I could see his face and PUNCH HIM!

Pei Ci: All right, let me tell you logically. You aren’t at disadvantage after all.

Gui Gui: Are you going to tell me that I’m benefiting because I get to see him every day? Save it.

Pei Ci: Not exactly. *smirks*

Gui Gui: What are you trying to say?

Pei Ci: *Smiles widely* You have no idea how lucky you are….
------------------------------------------------------------

Monday

Gui Gui walks into the office, dragging her feet. The idea of seeing Aaron still irks her. She has no idea why she has such strong feelings for him but she is sure they are all negative ones.

Just then, someone called out to her.

‘Hey there! You are Gui Gui, aren’t you?’

Gui Gui turned hesitantly, impressed by the person’s accuracy. She came face to face with a handsome looking guy, dressed in black t-shirt and dark blue jeans, wearing a cap and holding a stack of paper.

Gui Gui: You are?

‘I’m Xiu, Chen de xiu. Nice to meet you’ the handsome guy replied politely.

Gui Gui: You are one of the staff here?

Xiu: Yea, I’m currently Aaron’s manager. Well I don’t really look like one but I have to fill in for Joe. Well, I believe you know why.

This reminds Gui Gui of the unfortunate premonition and encounter with that superstar.

Gui Gui: Yea. I’m supposed to provide volunteer work over here so …

Xiu: Yea I have got all the jobs arranged for you. Don’t worry, they are easy task. After all, you are just a volunteer. I’m surprised you agreed to it.

Gui Gui: Well, it’s a long story.

Xiu: I guess we have lots of time to talk about it. Let’s get going. *Smiles*

Gui Gui’s heart skipped a bit upon seeing the charming smile. However, her heart beat decreased tremendously as she sees the guy that she know she would try to avoid for the rest of her life- Aaron Yan.

Aaron walks towards Xiu and Gui Gui: Hey Xiu and rainbow girl.

Xiu: *puzzled* Rainbow girl?

Gui Gui: Just ignore what this gay says.

Xiu burst out laughing: Aaron, I didn’t know you are unique in that way?!

Aaron: *rolls his eyes* Shut up, Xiu. Rainbow girl, you are lucky I’m on a tight schedule today that I have no time for you. *turns to Xiu* What’s the first event today?

Xiu: Well, today is your first day for the shooting of the brand new series with S.H.E. and you have to get there in an hour’s time.

Aaron: But look at my arm, it’s all bandaged up. How can I act?

Xiu: Well, they would shoot the close-up scenes first and if it’s necessary, they would remove the bandages for your left arm.

Aaron: *Sighs* All right. *turns to Gui Gui* You are coming with us and don’t let me catch you skiving or you would definitely

Gui Gui interrupts: oh oh, did I hear a threat? Shall I charge you for this?

Aaron: You learn pretty fast. I learn one new thing about you today – you have brains.

With that, Aaron turns his back and walks away smartly.
Gui Gui called out to him: I have better brain than you!!!
Gui Gui POV: I just can’t imagine my life with him…………..*pouts*
---1 hour later---
The production team for the new series that Aaron Yan and S.H.E. are going to star in was already at the destination when Aaron, Xiu, Gui Gui and the make-up team had arrived.
Upon seeing Aaron, the director walks towards him and patted him on the shoulder.

Director: Hey pal, it’s been a while since we cooperated.
Aaron: Yea *smiles* I have seen the scripts. It’s fantastic.

Director: But you do know about the details, right? I hope I’m not putting you in an awkward position. After all, you and…

Aaron interrupted him: I’m fine, really. I can handle this. It’s been a year and I guess all feelings are buried.
The director gave him a smile and a pat on his shoulder before walking away.

Gui Gui and Xiu overheard the conversation and this puts Gui Gui into deep thoughts. She wondered if there is anything ‘interesting’ going on with this superstar.

Xiu caught her daydreaming and gave her a nudge in the arm, signaling her to prepare the necessities for work. Feeling guilty, Gui Gui immediately hurried away to carry out her task.

Xiu turned to Aaron: Hey buddy, how is it?

Aaron: *Smirks* Nothing is too difficult for me. You know it.

Xiu sighed before smiling: Yea, after all, you are our superstar. *pauses and looks afar* They have arrived.

Aaron turned, and saw three pretty and young ladies alighting from the SUV. One of them looks exceptionally pretty and he kind of missed that look. To be exact, he kind of missed her. Just then, their eyes met. The young lady looked into Aaron’s eyes like how he is looking into hers. Neither of them moves a muscle.

However, this golden moment of silence and contentment was clumsily broken by the one and only girl whom Aaron Yan hates the most- Gui Gui.

Gui Gui was holding too many stuffs in her hand that she lost balance and accidentally knocked into Aaron, making him lost eye contact with the young lady. Aaron and Gui Gui fell onto the ground with Gui Gui landing on Aaron’s left arm.

With that, Aaron groaned out in pain and Gui Gui stood up immediately, hoping to relieve the pain on Aaron’s left arm.

Aaron: Are you trying to kill me, rainbow girl?

Gui Gui: *Apologetic* I’m sorry! I…I didn’t know…

Aaron: *being helped up by Xiu* I learnt a concrete fact about you- you are uncoordinated! How can someone fall down on a flat and smooth ground with no one pushing her?

Gui Gui: Are you saying I’m clumsy?! These are all your stuffs! If you are so capable, why don’t you try carrying these GAY stuffs around on your own?!

Aaron:  *Widens his eyes* If it wasn’t for you, I would be FIT enough to carry ten times the load!

Gui Gui: Fine! I’m sorry, okay?!

Xiu interrupted the both of them: All right, let’s cool down. Gui Gui, please pick up the stuff and put them back to the van. Thanks. Aaron, let’s take a seat over there.

Aaron: All right.

Aaron walks towards his seat and rested grumpily while Xiu went to inform the director of Aaron’s worsened injury. Just then, Aaron could sense someone getting close to him from behind.

Without any suspicion, he spoke grudgingly: Came to apologize? You know, you are lucky to be not charged for intentional physical harm to me, rainbow girl.

However, to his surprise, a clear and crisp voice was heard.

‘I did wanted to apologize but I have got no courage. Would you forgive me?’ the familiar voice says.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I will not be able to update tmr and friday cos i will be busy preparing the stuffs for my 21st birthday next week. Hope to see your comments still! :)