Chapter 7

Premonition For Love

 

Taste of the past

With that, she loses consciousness and collapsed.

Xiu: Gui Gui! Gui Gui!

Xiu quickly sends her to the hospital.

Xiu: Gui Gui, nothing must happen to you…
------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron’s apartment

He stands by the window, admiring the night scenery with memories of what happened today flashing through his mind repeatedly. The re-encounter with Eddie today forces him into remembering the past. He does not enjoy reminiscing the past nor does he enjoy feeling the pain of losing again. However, as the memories of today continue to swivel through his thoughts, he gave a little smile.

Somehow, he remembers the ‘fighting’ scene with Gui Gui today. He feels like seeing her right now. He had realized that whenever he is with Gui Gui, he would seem to forget about what had happened in the painful past. He seemed to be a different person.

Aaron: Was Hebe right? Have I changed?

Just then, he heard his phone ring.

Aaron: *picks up the phone* Aaron here.

Xiu: Aaron!! Its Gui Gui. She is hospitalized!

Aaron was taken aback by the news: What happened?

Xiu: I have completely no idea! She...she just fainted! But she was looking for you, calling your name non-stop when she was in the hospital. She is now under supervision but she insists on seeing you.

Aaron: I will come right away. Take good care of her.

With that, they ended the phone conversation. Aaron had no idea why he had asked Xiu to take care of Gui Gui. He never thought he would pay much concern for her. He never thought he would rush to the hospital in the middle of the night for Gui Gui. Nevertheless, he has no time to either worry about these minor details or garden his feelings. He has to rush to the hospital.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hospital

Gui Gui: Xiu! Xiu!

Xiu rushes into the ward: Gui Gui, what’s wrong?

Gui Gui: I have to be discharged immediately! Please, let me out now!

Xiu: Why? What happened to you?

Gui Gui frowned. She knew no one would believe her even if she speaks the truth. She has to find a way to get out of the hospital, a way to get to Aaron and ensure his safety.

Gui Gui: *groans in pain* I…my headache is coming…its…

Xiu: *react frantically* Doctor! Doctor! *rush out*

Upon seeing that Xiu had left the room, she quickly gets off the bed and sneaks out of the room without anyone’s notice.

Gui Gui POV: Aaron, I hope I can save you for the second time!

----At the same time---

Aaron got into his car and is ready to rush to the hospital. However, he couldn’t start his engine.

Aaron: What’s the matter with you?! *hits the horn in frustration*

Even the horn doesn’t sound.

Aaron: Damn. *gets off the car*

He has no choice but to hail a taxi to get to the hospital. However, upon reaching the main road, no taxi could be seen in sight. This makes him flustered and worried. He could imagine scenes of Gui Gui groaning in pain and shouting for him while he is still stuck here, waiting for a taxi that seems to take forever to come.

Aaron: *sighs* Rainbow girl, you better be fine.

Just then, he saw a pair of headlights and he quickly hail for it even though he highly suspects it’s a private car.

Aaron: Well, at least I can hitchhike.

However, the vehicle’s speed seems to be kept fairly constant even when nearing Aaron and it seems to be dangerously constant.

Noticing something amiss, Aaron quickly dodges the ‘attack’ of the high speed vehicle and he landed on to the floor, resulting in several bruises on his arms.

Aaron: Damn!

He has no time for thoughts as the driver has reversed the vehicle and is ready to attempt a second hit at Aaron who quickly pick up his stance and run for his life.

Needless to say, he could not outrun the distance the vehicle had covered and he would soon be hit if there isn’t anything there to stop the driver.

As he turned to see how close the vehicle is, he was suddenly pushed aside and landed on what seems to be a cushion. The vehicle dashed past the exact spot where Aaron was standing.

Puzzled and thankful, Aaron turned and realized that the cushion is Gui Gui! She was the force that causes Aaron to be pushed from the spot where the vehicle dashed through.

Upon seeing that the mysterious driver did not attempt a third attack, Aaron heaved a sigh of relief and looks at Gui Gui.

Aaron: Where did you come out from? *bewildered and surprise*

Gui Gui: *sighs and pants*I…

Gui Gui lost consciousness even before she could reply him.
Aaron: *holds Gui Gui in his embrace* Rainbow girl! Rainbow girl!

---Hospital----

Aaron: Doctor, how is she?

Doctor: The patient had over exhausted herself and she needs a lot of rest. On top of that, we found that she has slight asthma. Did she take any medication for this condition?

Aaron: Well, not that I know of.

Doctor: Well, she needs to treat this condition if not, it would worsen in future and complications would arise.

Aaron: I will take note of it. Thanks, doctor.

Just then, Aaron’s phone rang.

Aaron: Aaron here.

Eddie: Hey buddy, what’s up.

Aaron: I have no interest in entertaining you.

Eddie: Are you nursing your wound?

Upon hearing this, Aaron’s questions about the attack had all been answered.

Aaron: It was you!

Eddie: I beg your pardon? I don’t know what you are talking about?

Aaron: Stop feigning ignorance!

Eddie: Oh well, even a little acting can’t fool you. All right then. Take this as a little…taste of the past. Like what I have tasted. Well, at least you are not hospitalized.

Aaron: Eddie Peng! I will charge you for murder!

Eddie: *laughs* Please! I didn’t say anything that you could use against me and charge me for murdering. But I need to warn you. Be aware of your safety for the next few days and keep a look out for yourself and someone who is precious to you.

Aaron: Don’t you lay a finger on

Even before he could complete his sentence, Eddie had hung up on him.

Aaron: *gritted teeth* I will not let you lay a finger on her…

With a mix feeling of anger towards Eddie and guilt towards Gui Gui, Aaron is determined to stop Eddie’s actions…
------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you like this chapter. I had writer's block today. lol