Chapter 2

Premonition For Love

 

Absurdly Offended

Gui Gui could not believe the scene before her eyes. Joe was kneeling down with a cup in his hand and Aaron sitting before him, expecting the ‘tea of apology’.

Gui Gui POV: What is going on?!! Isn’t Joe going to harm Aaron?!

The silence was broken by Aaron’s smirk and untactful comment: I never expect a fan to pull such an act. However, your courage would be recognized as the greatest of all fans. Thank you and may you have a nice day. *Increases his volume* Now, please get out of this room. I need my proxemics.

Gui Gui was too stunned for words. She felt electrocuted as if two bolts of lightning had ran through her every rib and spine.

Not waiting for her to give any reactions, Aaron walked towards Gui Gui and put a hand on her shoulder before pulling her into his embrace. Needless to say, Gui Gui was bowled over by the sudden intimacy with Aaron.

Gui Gui POV: I’m asphyxiating!

Aaron POV: I guess this girl would remember this hug forever and should be contented. I hope she leaves real quickly. I don’t want anybody to know about Joe’s misdeeds. After all, he still needs his reputation to survive in this industry.

Gui Gui did not know how to react because at this point of time, she is in a situation she had never imagined she would be in- being in the same room with Aaron Yan almost alone, in his embrace for the past one minute and having a premonition that she is bursting to tell him.

Gui Gui POV: Premonition!!!

She quickly snapped out of fantasy and dived into the pool of reality which she should have never left.

Gui Gui pulled herself out of Aaron’s embrace, ignoring his surprised look.

Gui Gui: Aaron Yan, you are in…*widens her eyes*

However, before she could complete her sentence, she saw what’s coming- the exact same scene she had seen in her mind. Joe was holding a pair of scissors and was rushing towards Aaron who seems to be unaware of what’s going to happen.

Gui Gui: Danger!! *Pushes Aaron and herself to the floor to dodge the attack*

The both of them fell to the ground with Aaron groaning in pain as he landed on his left arm. Just then, Joe took the chance and pulled Aaron up while holding the scissors at his throat.

Joe: Please Aaron, give me a way out. I just…I just need to clear my debts and would be able to stand back on my feet and regain my stances.

Aaron: *speaks calmly trying not to agitate him* I will be able to help you but you have to calm down. It doesn’t help being agitated.

Joe: It’s easy for you to say! You landed me in this state!
Gui Gui POV: It’s Aaron Yan’s fault?

Aaron ignores the accusation and continues his plan: I know. I’m sorry and I’m willing to make amendments. Just put the scissors down.

Just then, the backstage workers who were chasing Gui Gui manage to locate her and they dashed into the room, stunned by the hostage scene. This makes Joe more agitated and even wrathful.

Joe: Back off!! Aaron Yan, you betrayed me! You said you would help! Hypocrite!

Aaron anxiously tries to calm Joe down but to no avail. Joe was too ireful to be calmed.

The backstage workers stood aghast at the scene in front of them and none of them moved a muscle, not daring to steer this fragile moment to a dangerous direction. However, Gui Gui thinks otherwise. She knows that something have to be done for this would definitely go down a dangerous road.

Just then, an idea strikes her.

Gui Gui: Joe. I believe you have the upper hand now, with Aaron in your hands; you could get what you want.

Aaron glared at her, threatening her to hold her silence. However, he was ignored and for the first time, Aaron felt the disappointment of being ignored.

Gui Gui: Joe. Tell Aaron what you want. Slowly…

Joe seemed to be calmed down by Gui Gui’s words: I need money and I need Ariel.

Gui Gui: Don’t worry. We will be giving all of these. But first, you have to let Aaron go. If not, he wouldn’t be able to get you what you want.

Her words act like a charm as Joe had loosened his grip on the scissors. With that, he knelt down and sobbed while muttering apologies in a non-stop manner.

All of the backstage workers rushed forward, some to Aaron’s aid while others to Joe’s. Aaron groaned in pain as he the pain on his left arm heightens the longer he harbors the injury.

Gui Gui POV: I hope he’s all right. *Steals a peek at him among the crowd* But I got to get out of here before anyone notices me.

However, her plans aren’t working as she wished.

‘Hey you, the girl in rainbow colors, stop right there.’ Someone spoke with a slight anger and clarity.

Gui Gui knew immediately who that was and she froze there, absurdly offended by the comment of the color of clothes she had worn.
------------------------------------------------------------