Chapter 10

Premonition For Love

 

A sickly afternoon

----Sunday noon---

-----Phone Conversation----

Gui Gui: Hey Xiu, are you gonna be free later?

Xiu: *puzzled* Yea, what’s up?

Gui Gui: Remember I told you about getting you an assistant? I have someone to recommend. Wanna come out?

Xiu: *Smiles* Yea sure!

Gui Gui: That’s great! See you at the…

Xiu: Hey I feel like going to the amusement park. Shall we meet there?

Gui Gui: All right!

----End Of Phone Conversation----

Aaron: Who were you talking to?

Xiu: *startled* You scared the hell out of me! Aaron Yan, could you please knock before you come into my room?

Aaron: *Smirk* I will if you start doing so.

Xiu: Idiot. *Rolls his eyes*

Aaron: You haven answered my question. Who were you talking to?

Xiu: Your rainbow girl

Aaron: *widens his eyes* She’s not MINE!

Xiu: *smirks* whatever. Aaron, you know you treat her differently, right?

Aaron: That’s because, she’s a colorful rainbow panda and the others are not.

Xiu: *rolls his eyes* Oh please.

Aaron: *bossy* Where are you going with her? Why are you meeting her?

Xiu: *stands up and walks out of the room* If you are concern about her, tag along!

Aaron: *called out to him* Who cares about her?!

----Amusement Park----

Aaron: Why are they taking so long? I will scold her head off once I see her!

Xiu: *scoffs* I thought someone doesn’t care about Gui Gui?

Aaron: *nervous* I…I just feel uneasy not being able to scold her for one day!

Xiu: *Looking straight* There, she’s here.

Bringing Pei Ci along, Gui Gui rushes towards Xiu.

Gui Gui: Hey Xiu! * notices Aaron* Hey gay, why are you here?

Aaron: The rainbow colors on you shine very brightly today.

Gui Gui: *Fake smile* Thanks ah…

Aaron: Always welcome. *smirk*

Gui Gui: Xiu, this is Pei Ci. She is the one I was talking about.

Xiu and Pei Ci: I know her/him. *smile*

Gui Gui: *widens her eyes* How?

Pei Ci: He’s also a volunteer at the orphanage. He will visit the orphanage every week and sing to the kids.

Xiu: Actually, I only play the music and she sings. Beautifully. *smiles*

Pei Ci: *blushes* I didn’t know you knew Gui Gui.

Xiu: I didn’t too.

The two of them look at each other and smile, totally ignoring the presence of Aaron and Gui Gui, who had noticed something going on between Pei Ci and Xiu.

Aaron: All right, let’s go in. I don’t like to stand in the sun for the whole day. I will feel sick.

In the amusement park

Xiu: Hey buddy, are you all right?!

Aaron: *puking* Who suggested the roller coaster ride?

Gui Gui: *apologetic* Sorry, it was me.

Aaron slumps into the chair: *sighs* Do you have such deep feud with me?

Gui Gui: I thought….I’m sorry!

Xiu: I will go get you some medicine and mineral water.

Pei Ci: I will go with you.

With that, the two of them hurried away.

Gui Gui sits beside Aaron: Are you feeling all right?

Aaron: *Sighs* Still a little dizzy.

Gui Gui: Just take a rest. They will be back soon.

Just then, Gui Gui looks up and saw Hebe and Eddie from afar. She is totally startled by this situation and didn’t know what to do!

Gui Gui POV: What if Aaron sees the two of them together? He would feel pain not only physically but also emotionally!

Without further ado, Gui Gui grabs Aaron by his arm and pulls him out of the chair.

Aaron: *shocked* What’s going on?

Gui Gui: *Pulling Aaron* Just follow me!

Even without Aaron’s consent, Gui Gui pulled him away from the spot and rushes away.

Feeling even more nauseous, Aaron pleads for Gui Gui to stop.

Aaron: I’m gonna puke…if you don’t stop. *Sickly*

Gui Gui: I can’t stop!

Aaron could barely walk and Gui Gui had to literally pull him along.

Eventually, to Aaron’s delight, Gui Gui came to a stop. Without noticing, they are already out of the amusement park and in the parking lot.

Aaron: *panting* Rainbow girl…you better give me a good reason….

Without paying attention to what Aaron was saying, Gui Gui pulls him to Aaron’s car and places him in the passenger seat.

Aaron: *doubtful * You know how to drive?!

Gui Gui got into the driver’s seat: Of course!

Aaron: How long have you been driving?

Gui Gui: Well, I haven drive since I got my license.

Aaron: And when is that?

Gui Gui: *Starts the engine* Three years ago. *Drives out of the parking lot*

Aaron: *widens his eyes* What?!

Gui Gui: Don’t worry! I’m skillful!

Gui Gui maneuvers the car in a totally unskillful manner and this makes Aaron feel the sickness he had never felt before. He knew this instant that it’s gonna be a long and painful ride…

---Evening ----

---Beach---

Gui Gui: Are you all right? *hands him the medicine*

Aaron: *grumpy and grouchy* What do you THINK!

Gui Gui: *apologetic* I am really

Aaron: *interrupts* Sorry. Right?! What the hell were you doing, may I know?

Gui Gui: I….nothing….

Aaron: *Stands up straight* Hiding something from me, right?

Gui Gui: *guilty conscience* Nothing.

Aaron: How long have you known it?

Gui Gui: *avoid eye contact* Know what?

Aaron: About me and Hebe.

Gui Gui: How did you know!

Aaron: So you really know about our past.

Gui Gui: Hey, you are so sly!

Aaron: I told you it’s wise, not sly. Xiu told you about us?

Gui Gui: Don’t reproach him. It was me who asked him.

Aaron: I won’t. After all, what’s in the past should stay in the past. I don’t mind.

Gui Gui: *heaves a sigh of relief* They were there just now.

Aaron: I have guessed that.

Gui Gui: Hebe and Eddie, don’t you hate them?

Aaron: No, I owe Eddie his career and Hebe her love.

Gui Gui: No you don’t! Stop pushing all the blame on yourself! Xiu had already told me, it’s not your fault they betrayed and cheated you!

Aaron: *sighs* But I’m the root of the problem. If I didn’t exist, Hebe would be a happy woman and Eddie a successful man.

Gui Gui: *speaks quickly* If you don’t exist, your fans would have one less superstar and they would not be able to see someone so talented performing on stage! If you don’t exist, Xiu would be alone and the company will employ him for another superstar and he will be ill treated! If you don’t exist, I will not be able to know you and I will not have so much fun bickering with you!!

The second these words come out of Gui Gui’s mouth, she regretted. The last sentence sounds as if Gui Gui had been enjoying Aaron’s company and even if she does, she wouldn’t let this arrogant superstar know! He would smirk and laugh at her for eternity!

However, to her surprise, Aaron did not laugh nor smirk. He smiled warmly at her words and looks at her in the eyes.
Aaron pulls Gui Gui towards him and kisses her softly on the lips. Gui Gui got the shock of her life but she did not struggle free from his embrace.

Regardless of whether it is the gay who kissed the rainbow girl or the girl who is being kissed by the superstar, the both of them embraced this moment as they have their first kiss together…
------------------------------------------------------------