(OS) When We Say Mayonnaise

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

When We Say Mayonnaise
AUTHOR:ANONYMOUS


 

 

"Taeyeon!!!!" Her manager's voice wasn't that hard to distinguish out from the others. It was always harsh and loud, definitely loud, "Go restock isle 7. Then once you’re done with that, go take charge of cashier 2."

"Yes Mr. Delino." She answered formally.

Normally, Taeyeon would just nod in response to the head manager's orders, but due to the recent accident involving shopping cart cruising, and a $45,000 car, she had to be an extra good kiss up. She didn't want to lose her one and only way of getting income. Taeyeon's family was too in debt, and she needed to be able to provide some support. Working at the local supermarket was not her ideal job, but when you're bank account is cleaned out, and you have bills to pay, with an additive of college funds, anything was better than nothing.

However, there were a few perks to working at a supermarket.

1. Discount on all items.

2. Shopping cart cruising in the parking lot.

There weren't very many.

Other than cut prices, and riding carts, work at this place pretty much . The pay was less than minimum wage, and constantly throughout the day, you would hear Mr. Delino's nagging voice, ordering you around. It would've been fine if he had a deep, smooth voice, but instead he harbored a high, squeaky one. A voice not well suited for a type of man like him.

Taeyeon grunted whilst trying to push the 20 pound caddy, she retrieved from the stock room. A person as petite as her, shouldn't be pushing something as big as this. Taeyeon thought a few months of this would build up some of her muscle strength, but the result came up less than satisfactory. A helping hand came from behind.

"Thanks Yuri." Taeyeon already knew who it was.

A fellow worker, and also her best friend/partner in crime, Kwon Yuri was always there to assist Taeyeon in the jobs her figure just couldn't handle.

"No problem, Tae."

They both pushed the caddy up to lane number 7, where a row of empty shelves greeted them
at their arrival.

"Damn." Yuri laughed, "You got a lot of work to do."

Taeyeon just sighed. More work, more money, she thought to herself. Self-motivation was the key for her survival, and the only thing that drove her.

"Got it from here?" Yuri asked.

"Yeah."

"Good, see you in a lil bit." Yuri patted her friend's back before departing to accomplish her own tasks.

Taeyeon squatted down to the lower shelf, and immediately started refilling the empty spaces with various cans and jars. She made sure all the labels were turned to face the front, to advertise themselves to the customers. One by one, she twisted the items accordingly, and Taeyeon began to diligently immerse herself into her work. However shortly after she finally focused, the sound of glass breaking destroyed what little concentration she had left.

She leaned back to see a woman's figure bending down to pick up a broken mayonnaise jar. Taeyeon quickly got up, and grabbed the mop and bucket placed on the caddy, for easy access. She ran over to the sight of the mess, and started cleaning promptly.

"I got it Miss." She said with her eyes focused on removing the spill.

"Sorry about that."

The reply came in almost a husky, rough voice, which Taeyeon liked. That was enough to make Taeyeon look up. Her jaw dropped, and her so did the mop. What she saw could pass for an angel in her opinion.

A woman, probably no more than 22 years old stood in front of her. She had long, chocolate brown hair, that stopped just below her upper back. Her skin was pale, and flawless. Taeyeon wasn't sure of the last time she saw skin this smooth before. Well except for hers, and Yuri's. She wore a basic white button-up top, usually worn by men, but she changed it to accent her own womanly features. Her jeans really complimented her assents, as well with the way the fabric curved and dipped in all the right places. Taeyeon's eyes finally reached her face, and she almost exploded, literally.

"Ummm." The girl said under Taeyeon's intense stare.

Taeyeon shook her head, trying to regain her focus, "Sorry, sorry." She mumbled, bending down to pick up the abandoned mop.

"It's alright. I should be the one apologizing." Taeyeon looked up in time to catch her smile.

Her smile was like a death trap. Blinding white pearls for her teeth, perfectly aligned, coupled with crescent shaped eyes, made one sure fire 'heart stopper'. Taeyeon couldn't begin to comprehend what she was seeing. All she could do was gulp and stare. Gulping and staring.

"It's fine." Taeyeon finally said.

"Well okay then." She smiled, and Taeyeon's heart beat quickened like no one's business, "Sorry again."

Taeyeon watched the girl walk in the other direction. Her eyes trailed down to a particular spot, and a grin formed immediately.

Nice, she thought.

She shook her head from side to side with a smile still painted on her face. Taeyeon finished cleaning the contents from the spill. A throaty chuckle resonated from her. A feeling of giddiness overtook her as she recalled the girl from just a few moments before. Maybe seeing beautiful women at the supermarket was another perk to her job.

Taeyeon returned the mop and bucket back to its original position and continued with her work. It only took her about 10 minutes to refill the whole isle, record timing. The reason for this was far from the ordinary. Taeyeon pushed the no empty caddy back to the stock room. She wiped her hands on her jeans to rid of any excess dirt left on them, then she skipped to the register in the front. Once there, she flicked the switch for the number hovering above her, to signal that it was an open lane. Now all Taeyeon had to do was wait.

"Taeyeon!"

She turned to see Yuri coming behind her.

"You done already?"

"Yeahp." She said proudly.

"Good because I have to tell you something." Yuri places her hands on Taeyeon's shoulders, locking her in place, eyes piercing through her, "I just met one of the most hottest girls I've ever seen in my life. My god," Yuri put her wrist to her forehead, "She was so hot..." She gushed.

Taeyeon scoffed, and shimmied Yuri's hands off, "Really Yuri? Really?" She asked disbelievingly. Yuri always found a new girl to spazz over everyday.

"Yes really! You don't even know how hot she was." Yuri fanned herself, "Her name's Jessica. She doesn't know how to cook. She likes to make people feel awkward when they're around her. And she hates cucumbers!"

Taeyeon laughed, "You actually talked to her?"

"Of course I talked to her! She came up to me actually!" Yuri said with a smirk, "I guess she just couldn't deny my Yuri charms."

"I couldn't deny your charms huh?"

The two looked to the source of the noise and found a blonde, arms crossed and eyes ready to eat up anything in its path. Next to her, stood woman with dark brown hair, who was frighteningly familiar. She was smiling at Yuri and Taeyeon, while the other was glaring.

"Umm umm umm." Yuri stuttered. She rubbed the back of her neck.

"So tell me, Yuri is it?" The blonde smiled menacingly.

Yuri nodded slowly.

"Yuri." She repeated with the same crooked smile, "What was it you had that compelled me enough to make me walk up to you?"

"Cu-Cu-Cu..."

"Jessi," The brown haired girl grabbed onto her arm, laughing, "I think you're scaring her."

"No, no. I want to hear what she has to say." They both turned back to Yuri.

"Cu-Cu-Cu..." Yuri couldn't finish the word.

"Sorry." Taeyeon spoke for her, "My friend here has a speaking disability."

"Really?" The one called 'Jessi' asked.

"Yes, only when she's interested really interested in someone...or something."

"Oh?" She turned to Yuri, leaning closer, "Did you meet someone you're interested in today?"

Yuri nodded, eyes wide.

"Do I know this person?" The blonde was grinning deviously now, her hand was almost touching Yuri's cheek. This made Yuri lean even closer to the enticing blond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter