(OS) Shocked

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Shocked
AUTHOR:ANONYMOUS


 

A year ago…

“Tiffany Hwang is amazing…” A short girl with light brown hair and black-rimmed glasses that sat crooked on her nose slowly breathed out as she watched the captain of the volleyball team spike a ball over the net during practice. The captain flashed a bright smile to her teammates as they praised her. There was a game at night against their rival school, and everyone was just practicing, everyone except for a certain few that were in a small circle.

A tall girl with short hair snickered, “You like her, Taeyeon? She’s way out of your league. She’s the star of the volleyball team and what are you? Last place in our team. The worst. The weakest.”

Another tall girl with black wavy hair slapped the side of the other tall girl’s head and chided, “Stop being so discouraging, Sooyoung. Taeyeon, if you like her, you should try talking to her.”

The girl named Taeyeon was about to speak but she was cut off by a strawberry blonde girl, “Taeyeon, Tiffany has a boyfriend.”

Annoyed, Taeyeon retorted, “I don’t like her. I just think she’s amazing at volleyball. So Jessica, Yuri, and Sooyoung, can you guys please stop assuming I like her? Besides, even if I did like her, she wouldn’t like me back. As Jessica said, she has a boyfriend. Next thing on the list is the fact that I’m not attractive enough.”

Another short girl joined the conversation, “If you would get rid of those glasses and perhaps start wearing some fashionable clothes, you’d be so attractive, not even Tiffany would be able to resist you.”

“I’d be blind if I got rid of my glasses, Sunny,” Taeyeon replied matter-of-factly. Everyone else shook their heads, each wishing to give Kim Taeyeon a complete makeover.

“And contacts aren’t an option?” Jessica raised her eyebrow. “Did you never think of that?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she commented, “No… actually. Why didn’t I think of that?”

Sooyoung muttered, “And I thought you were smart. Turns out you’re a dull log.”

“A dull log?” Taeyeon repeated, confused at what Sooyoung was getting at. Jessica was laughing at the implications, while Sunny and Yuri were sighing.

“Let me say it this way … you’re an idiot.”

***
After the game, which Taeyeon’s school won, everyone headed out to celebrate at the after party that would take place in Yoona’s house. Taeyeon was left to clean up after the other members; she was in charge of bringing water to her teammates during the games, cleaning their uniforms, and just in general cleaning up after the games.

Taeyeon hummed a tune and dragged the bucket of water to the locker rooms. Dressed in an overly large t-shirt and sweatpants, she felt it was getting a little hot from the amount of work she had been doing. She never felt the need to dress up for the games because the coach would never put her in anyways.

Taking off her t-shirt, she was left in a thin white tank top. She took off her glasses, placing it on the bench beside her, and wiped away the sweat that was accumulating on her forehead. Sitting down on the bench exhausted, Taeyeon heard a faint noise coming from a few rows down. ‘Ghost?’ She thought to herself.

It didn’t sound like a ghost though. It sounded more like someone crying.

She cautiously walked closer and closer to the sound to find a girl with long black wavy hair tied up in a ponytail sobbing with her head down, allowing the tears to drench her shorts. ‘She’s dressed in the volleyball uniform. Someone from our team?’

She carefully called out to the girl, “Hey… don’t cry.”

The girl slowly lifted her head up and Taeyeon inwardly gasped. ‘Tiffany Hwang?’

Tiffany’s eyes and nose were red from the extensive amount of crying and she sobbed even louder, realizing that she had embarrassed herself by crying in front of this girl. She sniffled as she asked, “Who are you?”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow, surprised that Tiffany didn’t know who she was. ‘Am I really that invisible to people?’

“Um… it’s me, Kim Taeyeon. I’m on the team as well,” Taeyeon hesitantly said while rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. ‘Maybe I should take up Sunny and Jessica’s offer to give me a makeover. I feel kind of sad that she’s never noticed me.’

“Kim Taeyeon?! The nerdy looking girl on our team?!” Tiffany exclaimed. “You look so different! Are you sure you’re Kim Taeyeon?”

“Yes, I’m pretty darn sure I’m Kim Taeyeon. And please just call me Taeyeon; the whole full name thing irritates me. My friend Sooyoung does that to annoy me,” Taeyeon smiled. “You probably don’t recognize me because I don’t have my glasses on and I’m not wearing my very baggy top. And that reminds me. I should get my glasses; you do look a little blurry to me.”

Tiffany sat there in shock. She realized that Kim Taeyeon didn’t look as nerdy as she made herself look; Kim Taeyeon didn’t look as bad as everyone thinks; Kim Taeyeon was actually pretty attractive; Kim Taeyeon had a really nice smile; Kim Taeyeon actually had a pretty fit body, at least upper body. And last but not least, Kim Taeyeon was a really nice girl.

Taeyeon came back with her glasses on, and Tiffany secretly thought that Taeyeon really did look a lot better without her glasses on. Taeyeon crouched down in front of Tiffany and smiled softly. She sat down and leaned against the ice cold lockers behind her, shivering a bit. Taking off her glasses once more and placing them next to her, she asked, “So… why were you crying?”

Tiffany sighed, feeling the tears building up again, and replied with an unsteady voice, “I was dumped after the game today by my boyfriend.”

‘And I suppose that takes away the whole ‘Tiffany has a boyfriend thing so you can’t go after her’ factor that Jessica was pointing out. But I’m not going after her so that doesn’t really matter.’

“Well… it’s his loss. You’re pretty amazing.”

Tiffany sniffled, “You lie.”

Taeyeon gave a small laugh that rang through the empty locker room, “I lie not. Seriously, it’s his loss for letting go of you, and it’s your gain that he’s let go of you. If he can’t see how amazing you are, then he’s not worth your time, tears, or love.”

Tiffany felt a smile desperately trying to make its presence, but she maintained the sad teary eyed girl image and waited for Taeyeon to continue.

Looking up at the ceiling, Taeyeon started to talk again, but this time it seemed like she was just saying what was on her mind in a stream of continuous thoughts, “You’re the captain of the volleyball team. You are always within the top 5 of our grade, which might I remind you has got at least 500 people. You tutor some of our classmates whenever they need help. You’re kind, even if you’ve never noticed me or tried to get to know me.”

At the last thing she said, Taeyeon let out another chuckle, this one sounding just a little bitter, “You’re beautiful. And I’m not. So, I shouldn’t have ever expected us to become friends.”

Seeming to come back to reality, Taeyeon gave a small smile and reiterated, “So, it’s his loss. Find someone new, someone who won’t overlook your perfections, but is willing to embrace your flaws.”

Tiffany sat there, stunned from Taeyeon’s little speech. ‘She called me beautiful? He’s never called me that… She seems to know a lot about me, and… I know nothing about her. I’m kind? I think she’s the one that’s kind. I don’t think I’d sit on the ground across from a girl who has never noticed me and talk to her. I’d feel so embarrassed and invisible.'

Still immersed in her own thoughts, she didn’t see Taeyeon get up with a sad smile on her face. ‘I guess I’m still invisible and my words will never make an impact.’

“I’m going to go now. I hope you feel better, Tiffany,” Taeyeon waved, even though Tiffany’s head was still down.

Tiffany quickly looked up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter