six

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sera and Taecyeon arrive in the court first thing in the morning. they get out of the elevator to meet their own lawyer before the hearing begins. Kyuhyun happily greets Taecyeon when he sees him and he gives a slight bow to Sera out of formality.

As for Sera, she’s taking an unsteady step towards her lawyer. She needs to change her demands in last minute and she has to do it now.

“Lawyer Ahn, I know you’ve worked hard to get us here. But if you don’t mind, I’d like to cancel my demands.” She has lost her voice from the crying she did last night.

“Ne? did something happen? are you being threatened? We can put that in our charges if that’s the case. Han Sera-ssi, how could you change your mind so quickly? It’s a million US dollar we’re talking about.” Lawyer Ahn notices how pale Sera’s face is and how unstable she is from the way she’s standing.

“No, I’m fine, I’m just shaken about the hearing we’re about to do.” She forces a smile but failed to do so.

“Han Sera-ssi, may I suggest you to continue on with our plan and just make some adjustment to whatever they offer?” He tries not to make his hard work fighting for Sera’s alimony flush down in instant.

Sera bows almost ninety degrees towards her lawyer, “I’m so sorry for the trouble I caused you. I really want to end it in a good term. I decided to take back all of my demands. I know you worked hard for this but I can’t ask him to do that. Please understand, let’s just keep our silence throughout the hearing.”

Lawyer Ahn doesn’t have any choice, he has to obey his client even though he really wants to slap the lady in front of him.

 

Fifteen minutes later the court room is open for them. Sera and Taecyeon sit opposite of each other while being accompanied by their lawyer. Kyuhyun takes a glance to Sera and he secretly wants to laugh. To him, seeing her miserable face at this moment is the biggest achievement in his career. He knows Taecyeon won’t budge to her stupid demand and that’ll make her more devastated. He likes imagining Sera would go home empty handed right after this hearing.

“Thank you everyone for being here,” the judge begins. “We are here today for a divorce hearing of Ok Taecyeon and Han Sera. Their representative here is Cho Kyuhyun from the husband’s side and Ahn Jinsu from the wife’s part. I will allow the plaintiff side to begin the case.”

“Thank you, your honor.” Kyuhyun stands up to be Taecyeon’s representative. He walks nearer to the screen that’s prepared in the room and begins open his case file. “According to my client, his wife, Han Sera has been missing from their apartment on February 10th 2015. He has been trying to reach her and received no good news in return. While missing, Han Sera also maxed out his credit card bills up to half a million US dollar without confirming any purchase she’s been made.” Kyuhyun shoot Sera with his judgy look while explaining the case to the judge.

“Does the defendant side has anything to say?” The judge turns her head towards Sera and her lawyer.

“Nothing, your honor.” Ahn Jinsu replies half-heartedly.

“You may continue, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi.” The judge allows him to go on.

“My client charges his wife for abandoning him and abusing their marriage vow. He also offers her a million won each month as the amount of alimony and also leaving the apartment they live in for her.” Kyuhyun finish his short speech. He’s so ready to knock Sera’s lawyer down if he dares to demand more than what she deserves.

“Defendant, you have anything to say?” The judge asks Sera’s side.

Ahn Jinsu stands up and delivers the message Sera wants him to say, “Han Sera-ssi accepts the charges and admits her wrongdoing. She wants to take this responsibility by refusing the alimony her husband has generously offer her.”

Kyuhyun stand frozen on his place. What did he just hear? Han Sera refuses the alimony? The b*tch clearly demanded a large amount of money before and now she just drop it? What kind of game is she playing? He’s trying to ana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter