eighteen

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sera’s staring blankly ahead through the window from Kyuhyun’s car, they both are now heading to a five-star hotel to do the last part in their day out agenda, eating the famous deconstructed apple pie that Kyuhyun promised her to get before they go back to the hospital. She can’t stop biting her lips, remembering what just happened moments ago. What was she thinking? She let him kissed her and she has to admit that she enjoyed the kiss they shared. On her left, Kyuhyun pours his focus towards the road ahead of him, his heart still beating out of control and he knows how red his face is at the moment.

As they arrived at the hotel, Kyuhyun checks his watch, it’s before 5 o’clock which mean they can take some enjoyable time while eating the pie she’s been craving. They’re passing the hotel lobby and strangely there are a lot of people gathering as if there’s some kind of important event going on inside. Sera turns her head around anxiously, her only worry right now is they can’t find a place to park the car and she can’t get the pie she wanted. She knows how obedient Kyuhyun is and he won’t push back several minutes to take her back to the hospital just because they had a trouble finding a parking spot.

“Please let there be a spot.” She mumbles to herself.

“Don’t worry we can use the valet,” he stops his car on the front of the lobby, gets out of the car and helps Sera to step out before dropping the key to the valet driver available.

“I didn’t think of that, of course there’s valet. Come on, the pie can’t wait.” She grabs Kyuhyun arm and leads him towards the elevator.

“You know your way around this place.”

“Ne, my favorite desert place happens to open inside this hotel. Their best product is the apple pie but I’ve tried their cookies also and it’s to die for! Ah, you like brownie right? You should try their walnut brownie.” Her eyes sparkling out of happiness while talking about sweets.

Kyuhyun follows her then suddenly remembers he had forgotten something important in the car, so he grabs Sera’s hand and hold her steps. “Sera-ya, I left your bag in the car. I’ll get it.”

“Ya, it’ll take no time to eat the pie, I can live without the bag.”

Kyuhyun pinches her nose softly, “Shireo, your doctors will kill me if they know. go ahead to the café first I’ll get the bag.” He points the elevator to Sera.

She pouts , minutes ago she felt normal and now he reminded her again about the machine. “Arraseo, It’s in the second floor on the right hand side.”

“Do you want me to take you there?”

“Aish, I can walk that far, you can even see the café from this floor.” Sera points out the café she meant. It’s located right next to a grand staircase connecting the first floor and the second floor.

Kyuhyun take a glance to the direction she pointed and nods, “Wait there for me then, I’d like to try the brownie you talked about earlier.”

“Ne, see you soon.” The elevator door opens up and Sera goes inside.

Sera arrives at the second floor and plans to head into the café she meant earlier but her eyes caught something. On her left hand side, a lot of flower bouquets are lining up and it seems to be wedding bouquets. Sera take a quick glance and heads back towards the café until she thinks she sees something familiar in the bouquets. She turns around and approach the nearest pile of flowers to read the name written on the ribbons: Ok Taecyeon and Im Yoona wedding.

She blinks several times to get a clearer vision of what’s written in front of her, a lot of things happening to her at once. Her brain tries to process the information, her eyes moving fast to look into her surroundings to look for anything to confirm the info in front of her, her heart beats a bit faster from the panic that attacks her and her knees a weaken from the shock. Is it right what she sees? Is this really a wedding venue of Ok Taecyeon and Im Yoona? Is it her Ok Taecyeon? How many people are named Tacyeon, but how many people named Ok Taecyeon?

Han Sera tries to take several deep breaths to calm herself down and telling herself not to take any conclusion before confirming anything herself. After she feels calmer, she tries to find a way to confirm about the fact herself. Her first option is to call Taecyeon, but that’ll be suicidal since they aren’t in talking terms. She can also ask some people that’s crowding near the ballroom, however with her t-shirt and shorts, she doesn’t really look like she belongs to be in such venue. She then thinks of something genius, she’ll look for the waiting room for the bride and groom, the room must not be too far from the ballroom and she doesn’t’ have to interact with anyone.

She overheard some girls behind her talking about giving their blessings to the bride and they’re heading towards the waiting room. Sera decided to follow them after giving several distance between her and the girls.

The bride’s friend has been in the waiting room for about five minutes when Sera finally convince herself to peek inside. She stands by the edge of the door and prepares herself for the worst. After taking another deep breath, she opens her eyes and turns her head to witness her own nightmare.

The girl is the doctor she once saw in the hospital and beside her, the groom is smiling and he is Ok Taecyeon—her Taecyeon. Sera feels her eyes get hot once she comes into the realization that she’s accidentally attending her ex-husband wedding. In her life, she’s never felt worse than this, the figurative pain that she feels is like nothing she ever experienced before. It’s one thing to know Taecyeon has moved on and find himself her replacement, but knowing that he found her replacement, moved on and tie a knot only months after their divorce finalized really stab Sera in her heart. Was she really that worthless for him?

Sera cups her hand in once she heard herself whimpering from holding her tears back, apparently Taecyeon notice a strange sound and turns his head to the source of the noise. Once his eyes meet with hers, he feels like the gravity has pull his heart into his fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter