twenty

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Before Kyuhyun’s allowed to check on Sera’s condition, he has to present himself to her doctors and explain what happened in chronological order, it doesn’t make any sense to any of them that the battery went flat only after several hours.

“Have you make sure it was fully charged?” doctor Kim interrogate him as if he’s the criminal.

Kyuhyun nods, “The indicator was green and showed four bars when I changed it.”

“What did you guys do the whole day? I need to know every single detail starting from what she ate.” Doctor Song takes out her note and her partner follows her to do the same thing also.

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath before revealing what they did the whole day, “I took her to had burger and fries—which you both already cleared us for that, after that we just hang around Han River and went straight to the hotel to get dessert. I forgot her equipment bag in the car so I let her go to the café first while I’m taking the bag. Once I hold the bag with me, I searched her in the café she pointed earlier and couldn’t find her, not long after that I got a phone call from the man you talked to earlier and he told me that she collapsed.”

“Is there any unusual activity that she did which force her heart to work faster?”

Kyuhyun remember about their kiss, his heart obviously beats faster after that but he doesn’t think a simple hike in adrenalin would do much damage. “We kissed.” He immediately turns his head away to hide his blushing face from the doctors.

Doctor Song can’t help not to chuckles when she hears Kyuhyun’s innocent confession. “You guys can do much more than that and I guarantee it won’t bother the battery in the device.”

“Could it be what happened in between the time you’re getting the bag and the time you found her?” Doctor Kim still aren’t able to put his suspicion aside.

“She just met with her ex-husband who’s having a wedding in the place the heart attack occurs, could shock leads to the attack she got? I don’t know if that means something, but I believe the person who can answer that is Sera herself. Does shock affect the battery works?” Kyuhyun explains more about the unfortunate event.

“Honestly this is also a new case for us, that’s why we’re going into the bottom of this. we’ll make sure to question Sera and her ex-husband after she gets better. In the meantime, you can go and check her out.” Doctor Song finally allows him to get out of the room, it’s pointless to ask Kyuhyun what’s happening when he wasn’t there to witness what happened.

 

***

 

The taxi rides Taecyeon and Yoona take probably is the most awkward one they had in their life—especially for the driver, it’s an unusual choice of a wedding car for newlyweds in their complete wedding attire. Taecyeon’s mind are so full of thoughts and he has trouble sorting out which matters he has to take care first. He ditched his bride earlier and his bride voluntarily chase after him to the hospital where his ex-wife was taken after an emergency situation occurred. He received the worst news he ever received in his whole life about the love of his life dying because of heart failure that happened after the miscarriage fiasco happened years ago. If that’s not bad enough, he has to take the fact that his lawyer was the person that was on Sera’s side the whole time and he hasn’t get any confirmation about their relationship until now. Oh, and let’s not forget the sobbing bride that’s crying beside him because her day just ruined.

As overwhelmed as he is with the situation, Taecyeon knows that he needs to explain everything to Yoona. That, and because he feels grateful for what she’s done. Any girl would’ve leave the scene or throw tantrum at him or make a drama on her own, but not her. Taecyeon understands how torn she is and amazed because she still manages her cool.

“Yoona-ssi. I don’t know where to begin explaining to you..”

“Is she your wife?” Yoona blurts out from her silence.

“No, she’s not.” He turns his seating position to face her and hold both of her shoulders, “Not anymore.”

“What? I thought..”

“I never said anything about my previous marriage because I’m not supposed to talk about the past, but to have you knowing the truth like this is also not something I had in mind.”

“So you prefer to deceive me forever? It’s a fortunate thing it happened then, now we all know what you’ve been hiding.”

Taecyeon nods knowing he really have no right words to say.

Yoona takes some time to control her emotion, “What happen to us now, oppa?”

“I’ll fix this..”

“How?” She has lost her patience in the end, “How do you fix this by yourself? I bet a lot of things are floating in your mind right now and I’m sure you want to fix it all. But how are you going to fix everything, Taecyeon-ssi? The wedding is ruined, my parents will soon know about this, your parents will flip out because of this, and let’s not forget about your ex-wife condition. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FIX IT ALL?!”

Her words have hit him hard on point, what he just did clearly messed everything up and it involving a lot of people.

“I’ll start fixing it up one by one Yoona-ssi. I’ll start from you.” He looks at her with certain look, “I don’t want to and never planned to hurt you, you’re a great and amazing woman that doesn’t deserve a j*rk like me..”

She slaps him and surprised by her own act. Yoona knows where this is going, so she does the thing she shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter