five

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun spends his night by trying on different attires for him to wear tomorrow. He wants to make sure he looks super professional and good looking also. He knows tomorrow will be a day Han Sera could never forget, as Ok Taecyeon would definitely leave her for good. Kyuhyun also wants to have a little bit of fun on his own, if it’s not illegal, he’d like to video-tape the hearing room just for the sake of capturing Sera’s expression of being heart broken by her man, then re-watch it again-again at home like a sick psyco.

He can never forget the pain Han Sera gave him and he wants to make sure Han Sera feels the same way. The helpless feeling of being left out and abandon by the person you adore so much. At least that’s what he felt four years ago.

 

Four years ago, Kyuhyun still has his big glasses on and never really pay attention to his looks. He simply put on anything that’s comfortable and kept him warm. He felt like he’s the luckiest man alive because one of the prettiest girl on campus is in fact his best friend.

He recalls the first time he met Han Sera, the girl wore a high-waist floral skirt and a tight white shirt. Sera already took his breath away by the way she walked and when she introduced herself to Kyuhyun he simply just lost his sanity. They were inseparable to the point their college friends called them the Korean duo—well, the first reason they were friends was because of this, they both fells familiar to each other’s root since they lived abroad.

Kyuhyun always keeps his feeling to himself because he believes he’s no match to Sera. How could he—the goof dork—dared to dream to date such goddess as she was. Sera didn’t make it any easier for him to approached her either. She knew Kyuhyun has feelings for her and she tries her subtle way to push him away. Not because she doesn’t like him, or because he dressed funny, nor because his huge glasses. To Sera, Kyuhyun was always been this good boy, a good boy that follows rules, a good boy that too scared to ditch class to go to a rock concert, a good boy that tries to stay sober in a party—and Sera was too young and reckless to live carefully the way Kyuhyun did.

However, during their last year in college Kyuhyun has slowly transform into the man he is today. The gentle handsome man that’s able to take down any woman’s heart if he wants. He also has an incredible report card to prove the bright brain inside his head. Sera obviously aware of this amazing transformation, yet she’s staying in the friend zone because that’s how she thinks their relationship should be.

When they graduated, Kyuhyun prepared something big for her. In his mind, he believes the way to brings Sera to her knees is by throwing her the biggest surprise a girl could receive. So when Sera went on her little adventure to Ireland, Kyuhyun asked his friends to help him prepare the biggest proposal ever. He rent out the university gym hall to put on a lot of decoration and he even learned to dance to add more element of surprise. He was sure Han Sera would be overwhelmed and she’d say ‘yes’.

Cho Kyuhyun will never forget that day. The day when his mate run as fast as he could and tell him to abort his mission, because he just met Sera at the dorm earlier and she just showed of her Claddagh engagement ring.

His life—or his heart to be exact—fell apart from that moment on. He went to the dorm to confirm what he heard. The moment Sera’s eyes met with him she shrieked with excitement as she lifted up her left finger.

“Kyuhyun-naa.. I’m enganged!!” She smiled from ear to ear when she saw her best friend.

Kyuhyun was too confused to proceed all the news he just received, but manage to ask her the question he’s dying to know. “With whom? I didn’t know you have a boyfriend.”

“I just met him, his name is Taecyeon and we just met a week ago. It sounds crazy right, but when he proposed to me, it felt so right and I say yes. I’m so excited. Please be my best man in our wedding.”

 

Of course Kyuhyun never attended their wedding. He never felt so deceived in his whole life. He’s the one that’s been on Sera’s side for a long time, yet another man managed to swept her off her feet just within a week. He can’t help thinking ‘what ifs’, what if Han Sera never went to Ireland, what if he confessed before she went on the tour, what if he told her how he felt the moment she said she’s engaged, what if he proceeds with his big proposal? What if..

Those thought haunts him down until today. He hates Sera more because she still managed to plays with his heart even long after that. Sera still holds possession of his heart until today—although he never admits this, not even to himself.

 

***

 

In the other part of the city, Han Sera and Ok Taecyeon are having their last romantic dinner together. Taecyeon certainly has his own trick to melt Sera’s heart. He took her for a romantic cherry blossom picnic in the morning, spent their afternoon in the department store—yes, he bought her some bags just for the sake of teasing her and she ridiculously asked him to buy her a big unicorn stuffed animal also, and now both of them are on a private Hangang cruise near the Banpo bridge.

Taecyeon already prepared all kind of food that Sera likes which isn’t so hard to get since she just loves to eat anything sweet. Sera would expect to see a bottle of wine in the middle of the table, but instead of that Taecyeon has prepared a bunch of Guinness bottle on the tray beside the main table. Sera laughs when she saw these bottles. This is their history, this is how they first got together—getting drunk in an Irish pub by a lot of pints of Guinness beer.

“I thought you might remember those stouts we chug in Dublin.” He reacts to Sera’s laugh.

“Ne, of course. I thought we’ll be having some wine.” She continues laughing.

“Aish, wine’s too cheesy for a girl like you, we had wine earlier anyway. This is the element of surprise.” He proudly taps his own shoulder. “Let’s eat, I’ve prepared a lot of dessert for you.” He points out the table.

Sera then realizes that most of the food on the table consist of dessert. Macaroons, cheese cake, moose, lava cake, caramel flan, and so on. “Oppa, you really thought it well.”

“Let’s just skip the courses and goes straight to dessert, oh and I also prepared French fries.” He points out a bowl of fried skinny potato finger on the table.

“Okay, let’s enjoy th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter